The Parable in Jeremiah 13

Pastor Gary

Senior Moderator and Staff Trainer
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Staff Trainer
The Parable in Jeremiah 13

Good Day, Friends; This week I'd like to mention a parable found in the Book of Jeremiah 13 (NLT). As we know, Jeremiah was the son of Hilkiah and was of the priest line. The Lord told Jeremiah to 'go and buy a linen belt and to place it around his waist and not to wash it.' A short time afterward, the Lord told Jeremiah to 'bury the belt in the rocks on the banks of the Euphrates River', which he did. A long time later, Jeremiah was told to 'go back and get the belt'. It was rotted, mildewed and falling apart - worthless. This was the Lord's way of illustrating that persons who follow their own ways rather than God's ways will become like the belt - good for nothing and worthless.
If we keep God's Word in our lives and show our love for Him, we will not become as the belt of Jeremiah; but we will have worth and merit and will be blessed by God for loving Him and following His Word. God Bless you.

Amen Pastor Gary..... I do not want to become worthless and fall apart. God has done too much in my life and I owe Him everything.:)

Back