The Parable Of The Sower: The Outcome Of Evangelism

Matthew 13:18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. 19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Most readers that are believers seem to agree that this is referring to those that do not believe.

Matthew 13:20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; 21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

This is where even false teachings can come, causing some to err and have their faith overthrown because they became offended by the word. Other than the example given in 2 Timothy 2:18, is the evolution theory that causes some believers to be offended by the word and stop believing, for which I refer to 2 Timothy 2:18-21 that they are still saved, but are at risk in becoming that vessel unto dishonour in His House, unless the believer repents in time with His help to find the truth in His words, exposing evolution theory as a science so falsely called before God comes to judge His House.

Not every believer has stopped believing because of the evolution theory, but it is another example of how some can err from the truth and have their faith overthrown in 2 Timothy 2:18.

Granted, there are other kinds of persecution as in the physical one, but it is by being offended by the word that is the persecution mentioned of here in the parable that causes believers to go astray.

Matthew 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

This is a warning given to believers which coincides with this warning below about being left behind at the pre trib rapture.

Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. 34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

So here: a believer can be left behind at the pre trib rapture event for being like Lot's wife: This is important in being His disciple because a believer can get so caught up in the cares of this life that they would love it more than going with the Bridegroom when He finally appears.

Luke 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. 27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; 29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. 30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed. 31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. 32 Remember Lot's wife. 33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it. 34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. 35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

Some modern Bibles have changed eagles out to mean vultures, but the texts is referring to winglight flight. To where? To here.

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

This is testifying of the pre tribulational rapture: when the saints will be taken to where He is now for the Marriage Supper. Then He will return with the saints after the great tribulation to defeat Satan and his armies which comes before the "first resurrection" of those saints not found abiding in Him that were left behind that comes out of the great tribulation. (** First resurrection was deferring to the other resurrection of the rest of the dead which will occur after Satan is defeated for the last time after the short season following the milleniel reign of Christ. It was not stating that it was THE first resurrection)

Consider this point again: below is a comment given by someone sitting at the table with Jesus Christ.

Luke 14:15 And when one of them that sat at meat with him heard these things, he said unto him, Blessed is he that shall eat bread in the kingdom of God.

Then Jesus gave a disturbing parable:

Luke 14:16 Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many: 17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready. 18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused. 19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused. 20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come. 21 So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind. 22 And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room. 23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. 24 For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.

Now who would give excuses not to come to the Marriage Supper? Believers in Jesus Christ. Jesus expounds on the parable when He turned to the multitude of the cost of discipleship.

Luke 14:25 And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them, 26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. 27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple. 28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it? 29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him, 30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish. 31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand? 32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace. 33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Some overbearing rulers and a few churches would use the above as taking everything a believer has while on earth in misleading them to be His disciple, but that is not what Jesus was saying. This was in relation to making excuses not to come to the Marriage Supper, and thus loving this life and the people they love more than Him to come to the Marriage Supper.

I doubt very much believers would be ensnared to love this life more during the great tribulation.

So in that sense, those that profess Him and followed Him by continuing in His words, may still yet find themselves ensnared and thus being foolish to not "finish" by leaving when the Bridegroom appears for the ready bride to take Home.

It does not mean they were never saved. It just means that they will be "destroyed" from being that vessel unto honour in His House to attend the Marriage Supper into becoming that vessel unto DISHONOUR in His House to be cast into the bed of the coming great tribulation.

Matthew 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

A disciple that continues in His words with His help and by His grace is how he abides in Him to be fruitful, and be ready and willing to leave this life and their loved ones behind when the Bridegroom comes. That's a promise from Jesus Christ.

Unfortunately, many believers are taking false teachings derived from verses taken out of context or translated wrong in modern Bibles and not the whole of the NT to reprove those errant translated verses in that modern Bible. As the accepted scripture was used to keep out the lost books as not scripture, many believers are failing to discern the contrary scripture within that modern Bibles that are turning away from the truth that other scripture in that modern Bible is testifying of. That's where trusting Jesus Christ as His Good Shepherd comes in to discern that and compare with the KJV to see the truth.

Anyway: back on topic, even though it is important to have a Bible that keeps to the truth in His words in order for a believer to continue as His disciple, we need to discuss what many are misreading the parable of the sower as if a believer can lose their salvation for being of the second and third group as described in the parable or as if they were never saved of the second and third group.

The outcome of evangelism should always be to make the new believer aware of the reality of their reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ now and the necessity to continue in His words to be His disciples to stay free from sin and deceit that is not of Him.

Colossians 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. 21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;.....27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free....36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

2 Timothy 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Ephesians 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. 17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, 18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: 19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 20 But ye have not so learned Christ; 21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

Evangelism does not stop at preaching the Good News: the outcome of evangelism is to teach new believers in how to be His disciple by trusting Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd and not just as their Saviour so as to help them to continue in His words to remain abiding in Him as free from the bondage to sin and to death so that they may bear fruit and that their joy may be full.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Hi Enow,

May I make a suggestion, not to offend you or take anything away from your post but if you make the thread shorter, perhaps sticking to one or two points it will make it easier to respond. You have jumped around to various different topics and hinted at a few others, it makes it difficult to respond. This is just my freindly suggestion, maybe it is just me who cannot multitask so well.

God bless

Hi Enow,

May I make a suggestion, not to offend you or take anything away from your post but if you make the thread shorter, perhaps sticking to one or two points it will make it easier to respond. You have jumped around to various different topics and hinted at a few others, it makes it difficult to respond. This is just my freindly suggestion, maybe it is just me who cannot multitask so well.

God bless

Thanks, Keven.

It was a bit meaty as far as applying the outcome of evangelism in bearing fruit by continuing in His words by His grace and by His help of the Good Shepherd to be His disciples and thereby preparing oneself to meet the Bridegroom.

Back