The Passing of Sean Connery at age 90

We were saddened to hear of the passing of Sean Connery today. He will be truly missed by his family and fans.

May he rest in peace.
To many of us, he was THE Bond, but his JB movies could not be made todays climate, as he would be seen as being a chauvinist, abusing women sexually, and being too rough!

To many of us, he was THE Bond, but his JB movies could not be made todays climate, as he would be seen as being a chauvinist, abusing women sexually, and being too rough!
I love James Bond movies, the cheese is just funny.
Some people just have no sense of humour☹️
Yes of course times change and bond just gets more serious, but I’m sure those bond movies wasn’t meant to be taken literally anyway!

There's too many spoofs of James Bond to ever take them seriously.
It's like Superman and Spiderman in America.

Sorry I don't really know Sean Connery, but I don't have anything bad to say about him. Sounds like he passed peacefully and will be greatly missed.

Last edited:
We were saddened to hear of the passing of Sean Connery today. He will be truly missed by his family and fans.

May he rest in peace.

He was an outstanding actor IMO. I hope as I do with all who die that he was a Christian. Personally, I have no idea whatsoever.

ON a little look see at the internet I saw this on " https://hollowverse.com/sean-connery/ " .........

"Sean Connery is a strong Scottish Presbyterian Christian. After the Bond films, he put a hint of his Christian belief in almost everyone of his films, Indiana Jones being the most obvious. He has been persecuted in public on the Dinah Shore Show by the audience for his belief in not falling for the false peace of the coming anit-christ, & it would be better to have the world with wars than to have world peace. I'm sure the audience was not intelligent enough to understand."

mm ok.
I wonder if 'strong christian' is actually an oxymoron. Since Paul says he'd rather boast about his weakness.
I totally don't pick up many christian beliefs in movies. Though I suppose Indiana Jones was about the 'Holy Grail' though actually the Bible never mentions what the holy grail is.

A lot of actors you'd never know as they are acting. For example, Sir Laurence Olivier narrated the Bible, but he admitted lots of failures in his autobiography 'Confessions of an Actor' including among other things, adultery and just acting for $$. And Charlton Heston, while he played Moses in the ten commandments...seemed like a crazy insensitive gun nut on Bowling for Columbine, when he held a gun rally in the town where there was a recent school shooting.

But then there's lots of crazy christians out there, belief doesn't always make us sane.

mm ok.
I wonder if 'strong christian' is actually an oxymoron. Since Paul says he'd rather boast about his weakness.
I totally don't pick up many christian beliefs in movies. Though I suppose Indiana Jones was about the 'Holy Grail' though actually the Bible never mentions what the holy grail is.

A lot of actors you'd never know as they are acting. For example, Sir Laurence Olivier narrated the Bible, but he admitted lots of failures in his autobiography 'Confessions of an Actor' including among other things, adultery and just acting for $$. And Charlton Heston, while he played Moses in the ten commandments...seemed like a crazy insensitive gun nut on Bowling for Columbine, when he held a gun rally in the town where there was a recent school shooting.

But then there's lots of crazy christians out there, belief doesn't always make us sane.

Correct. The Bible has nothing to say about the Holy Grail because the existence of the Holy Grail is nothing but a mythical legend that has been popularized recently by such books as The DaVinci Code and a renewed interest in King Arthur.

He was an outstanding actor IMO. I hope as I do with all who die that he was a Christian. Personally, I have no idea whatsoever.

ON a little look see at the internet I saw this on " https://hollowverse.com/sean-connery/ " .........

"Sean Connery is a strong Scottish Presbyterian Christian. After the Bond films, he put a hint of his Christian belief in almost everyone of his films, Indiana Jones being the most obvious. He has been persecuted in public on the Dinah Shore Show by the audience for his belief in not falling for the false peace of the coming anit-christ, & it would be better to have the world with wars than to have world peace. I'm sure the audience was not intelligent enough to understand."
Did not know that he had made a profession of Jesus as Lord?

There are many great actors and actresses passing away. Russia House and the Rock were memorial movies that he performed in. I'm sure he will be missed by a great many people.

Back