The Person of the Holy Spirit

Edited:
Hi Dusty

I was just going to say that I think it best we get back on topic, and am sure you'd agree. :) I hadn't yet read your post before posting this, because if a time crunch

How about let's tell some great thing the Holy Spirit has done forus this week?

For me He has given my joy in the midst of turmoil

Hi Dusty

I think it best we get back on topic, and am sure you'd agree. :)

Yes that is a good idea. Wow , I cannot begin to express what the Holy Spirit has done for me . Yes, I too can say that He has given me joy unspeakable and full of glory and I just revel in His goodness to me and even though I am alone for Christmas He has given me a peace that passes all understanding .

Tonight He has given me neibours who will be having dinner at my place and I can share His love at this special time of the year .

Yes my heart is overflowing with the Love of Jesus and the presence of the Holy Spirit. Just Sunday as I was listening to a church broadcast , Holy Spirit Flooded my soul and told me everything is in His control .

I praise His Holy Name . :jesus-sign::jesus-cross:

I didn't have time to finish this earlier this morning so will continue.

We all have problems come against us at times , since the enemy always has some dirty tricks up his sleeve. But GOD is our help. Happiness depends on circumstances, but joy is not the same thing as happiness. At the same time troubles are going on, we can still have joy that bubbles up from within, because joy comes from the Holy Spirit.

Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Romans 15:13
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost

( Dusty read my edit before this! LOL)

These verses also tell of the peace of the Holy Spirit.

Recently a relative was going through a devastating time, and was very stressful for all involved. Although it looked like there was no hope, so we might as well just give up, there was that peace that passes all understanding deep inside. Looking to God and not the circumstances, its beyond comprehension to have peace at that time, when it makes no sense. But God brought the victory through the Holy Spirit.

" and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost."

"...... and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost"

Recently a relative was going through a devastating time, and was very stressful for all involved. Although it looked like there was no hope, so we might as well just give up, there was that peace that passes all understanding deep inside. Looking to God and not the circumstances, its beyond comprehension to have peace at that time, when it makes no sense. But God brought the victory through the Holy Spirit.

" and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost."

"...... and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost"

Praise God ... Godspeaks . Definately the joy of the Lord is our strength . we can have joy in the midst of a storm and when people around us wonder , that is a good testimony and shows that the Holy Spirit is with us , giving us peace and joy even though we do not understand .

Holy Spirit is definately prompting me through out my day as He tells me about things that I was not even thinking about and leads me . He is truly with us in thought and deed as we are receptive to His prompting .

The song " And He walks with me and He talks with me", came to mind this morning " and the joy He brings no one can ever take that away. Hallehujah .

Nehemiah 8:10
Nehemiah said, "Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength

Holy Spirit is definately prompting me through out my day as He tells me about things that I was not even thinking about and leads me . He is truly with us in thought and deed as we are receptive to His prompting .

He's always trying to lead all of us. But we need to learn to follow His leading. The more we do, the better we get at it. Its putting down our flesh and our will. At first it doesn't want to obey, but after awhile, it is subdued and brought into subjection to the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 10:5
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 6And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Little testimony .... Yesterday as I was stopped at a red light a man in a car behind came and tapped on my window , which at first frightened me and I rolled my window down just enough to hear what he had to say . He told me that my back tire was almost flat . I had just come out of the parking lot so thought the car felt funny but did not pay attention .

Holy Spirit prompted that man to tell me . I praise His leading every day .

John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

As mentioned before the Holy Spirit gives us revelation. I have heard some say "I don't need anyone but God." They are rebellious against those God has given to look after us and go their own carnal way.

Its true we are to totally rely on God and not man. But God does give us leaders, pastors for instance, to equip us and teach us. He chooses to work through each of us; that is why we are called a 'body' to work together for the kingdom of God. So we can't say we don't need each other, teachers or pastors, etc. They have been set into the Body of Christ.

Ephesians 4:11
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ

But we are not to look to man and set him up on a pedestal. The point I am making is this: although the Lord may use them to lead us, ultimately it is only the Holy Spirit who can reveal truth. They can tell us the same thing 100 times and some people never do understand what they are saying. But when the Spirit of God shines His light of revelation on what is being said, it comes alive, changes our perspective and changes our lives.

Ephesians 1:18
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints

We have all had those times when we are reading the Bible and the words just jump off the page. I love it when that happens. He is speaking right to us and giving revelation and understanding. It's the very answer we need at the time for some situation in our life. It's like the words explode with life. Jesus said "they are spirit, and they are life. He truly is a revealer of truth

Jeremiah 33:3
Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not

Not only does He reveal truth, but He sometimes gives us a glimpse of what is to come. When He has shown me certain situations, it has given me encouragement and motivation to go on, other times it was insight to help someone. There were even times that what He showed me saved me from danger because I don't know what is ahead, but He does and He. told me. So it's important to listen closely to Him and not ignore that still small voice, thinking its just our own impressions. Many times it's not.

The Holy Spirit has done a great work in me.
Especially with my negativity towards myself! It's amazing how fast the Holy Spirit can work :)

Especially with my negativity towards myself!
This will absolutely change anyone drastically for the better when they get their thinking in line with God. He's not negative He wants good for us.

Jeremiah 29:10 For thus saith the LORD, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place.

11For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

12Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

GodSpeaks said:
He is love, joy, peace, patient, gentle, good, faithful, meek, has self control -Galations 5:22-23

The personality of the Spirit is love and joy. Jesus said He and the Father are one and we can feel we are at one with Holy Spirit when our heart is intertwined in His in the love of God.

That sudden touch from heaven can change everything to be so different from just a few moments before. We have a completely different perspective because being in His presence, the breath of God is refreshing to our soul, giving us new strength and establishing a deeper relationship with Him

This will absolutely change anyone drastically for the better when they get their thinking in line with God. He's not negative He wants good for us.

Indeed, He is not negative!! This is so important for us to remember because so often we don't want to turn and listen to the Lord because we are afraid that He is going to tell us all the things we arn't doing right, and we don't want to hear it.

He does reproove us and we should want it, but it is incredible how He can reprove us so softly if we just turn to Him and listen for His advice. It's when we refuse to take time to listen to Him and He has to get our attention, that He sometimes has to shake us up.

For example here is a bit of reproof He offered me one day:

IF YOU ARE THINKING HOW BEAUTIFUL THE EARTH IS, YOU ARE ONLY LOOKING AT THE SETTING, NOT THE STONE. LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL THE PEOPLE ARE.

He does reproove us and we should want it, but it is incredible how He can reprove us so softly if we just turn to Him and listen for His advice. .

That's how we know it's the God's Spirit speaking to us. He never condemns like the devils does. Even His reproof draws us to Him because for the gentleness of the Holy Spirit

Wow awesome post you guys and Gals i would just like to add if not already added, sorry alot of post to read i read most but not all, how the Holy Spirit is such a gentleman and never does anything against are will. in Christ, Brother Travis

Holy Spirit
Trinity – One God – Three Persons
Matthew 28:18-20
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Was Part of Creation
Genesis 1:1-2
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
Part of Salvation
John 3:1-8
There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.”
Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”
Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
Promise from Jesus
John 14:12-21
“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. “If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”
As A Teacher
John 14:23-26
Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me. “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
Helper – Spirit of Truth
John 15:26
“But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.
Convicts – Guides
John 16:7-15
Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.
Gives Power
Acts 1:6-8
Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
Baptizes
Acts 2:1-4
When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how He said, ‘John indeed baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.
Comfort in Fear
Acts 9:26-31
And when Saul had come to Jerusalem, he tried to join the disciples; but they were all afraid of him, and did not believe that he was a disciple. But Barnabas took him and brought him to the apostles. And he declared to them how he had seen the Lord on the road, and that He had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus. So he was with them at Jerusalem, coming in and going out. And he spoke boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus and disputed against the Hellenists, but they attempted to kill him. When the brethren found out, they brought him down to Caesarea and sent him out to Tarsus.
Delivers from the Power of Flesh
Romans 8:1-39
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Righteous, Peace, Joy
Romans 14:16-17
Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Spirit of man vs. Spirit of God
1 Cor 2:10-16
But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. For “who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.
2 Cor 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
Washed, Sanctified, Justified
1 Cor 6:11
And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
Body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit
1 Cor 6:19
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
Gifts from the Holy Spirit
1 Cor 12:1-31
Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be ignorant: You know that you were Gentiles, carried away to these dumb idols, however you were led. Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.
There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills. For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. For in fact the body is not one member but many.
If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. And if they were all one member, where would the body be?
But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.
Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, varieties of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? But earnestly desire the best gifts. And yet I show you a more excellent way.
Fellowship with
2 Cor 13:14
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
Conflicts between the Spirit and the flesh
Galatians 5:16-21
I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Fruits of the Spirit
Galatians 5:22-26
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
Do Not grieve the Spirit
Ephesians 4:30-32
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.
Whole Armor of God
Ephesians 6:19-17
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
Wrote the Bible
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Test the Spirits
1 John 4:1-6
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them. We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.
Discerns the Spirit of the Antichrist
1 John 2:18-29
Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things. I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also. Therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal life.
These things I have written to you concerning those who try to deceive you. But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.

he does reproove us and we should want it, but it is incredible how he can reprove us so softly if we just turn to him and listen for his advice. It's when we refuse to take time to listen to him and he has to get our attention, that he sometimes has to shake us up.

When we go our own way and not listen to Him we get ourself in a mess and that gets our attention alright. But if we repent He will get us back on the right track.

IF YOU ARE THINKING HOW BEAUTIFUL THE EARTH IS, YOU ARE ONLY LOOKING AT THE SETTING, NOT THE STONE. LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL THE PEOPLE ARE.

Yes his creation is awesome. But man was his highest creation and most precious to him - everyone one of them , no matter who they are or what they have done. What mercy and grace!

Hi OneLight

Most of the attibutes were mentioned at the first part of the thread. But I do want to point out some things about the creation and salvation.

I like this verse.

Genesis 1:2 And the Spirit of God movedupon the face of the waters.

Yes He was involved even in creation. The moving of the Spirit in important in our life, and He will if we allow Him to and welcome Him. He is always moving somewhere and by praise and worship, we can create an atmosphere for Him to come and move in power. Many resist and quench the Spirit, so He will just go somewhere else. He doesn't stay where He isn't wanted but is drawn to those who are hungry and thirsty for God.

1 John 5:7For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost:and these three are one.

Since "these three are one", they all work together in whatever the situation is, in purpose and harmony.

Many preach about the things of God but there is no presence of the Spirit. A person cannot be saved without the convicting power of the Spirit. He reveals to the person their lost state so they can truly repent.

Titus 3:5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 5Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour

It is the Spirit that changes their dead spirit and quicken it to life in Christ. If a person is not changed they are not born again and as you wrote, Jesus said we MUST be born again.

Yes, right from the very beginning of time , the Holy Spirit was there " Spirit of God was hovering ( moved over the waters) . The presence of the Spirit indicates expectancy of life, for from the beginning , the Holy Spirit has been the divine channel of life .

The entire Trinity ,not just the Father had a role in creation . The Son is the powerful Word : the Holy Spirit ( ruah ) , " Breath" , took an active role in the work of creation.

Back