the pope can he marry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smellycat

Account Closed
the pope can he marry.

peter was married,and the catholic faith say peter was the first pope.any knowledge of this guys.

Many do not believe Peter ever went to Rome let alone become Pope but that is a different matter. Can he get married according to who? His religion may forbid it but the Word of God does not so I guess it is his choice. If he wishes to retain his position (which I am sure he does) he cannot get married other than that I know of no reason.

If I'm not mistaken, They don't get married because Paul said that it's better for them not to. At least, that's the way it was explained to me once when I asked.

He will be coming for His Church which is the bride of Christ.:)

It is true that Peter never did go to Rome, he wasn't too fond of the gentiles. I really don't know why they think Peter created the catholic church and being the first pope lol.. Prophet Daniel talks about a certain corrupted roman empire in his prophecies ehem ;) that is supposed to be the last one before the end ;) :D

Anyways, If anyone wants information about how come Peter is not the first pope: check this out :D and wait until it loads xD
The Bible's DIFFICULT SCRIPTURES Explained!

I can't say that not marrying is wrong because it's amazing to live for Christ without marriage :)
but to deny them marriage, now that's wrong!! they made too many laws for their own good. Although it is not bad, it's wrong to create a law and make its followers believe that it's from God while it is not!

Why do Catholics not allow the popes and nuns to marry?

Hello,
Why not marry (according to Catholic)?
Ans -To fulfill the law of celibacy/singlehood as drafted by the Vatican Council of the Church, to evidently indicate that you are all concerned about conducting Masses, and apparently erase any doubt of loving a wife or engaging in sex, thus treating it trivial, to the eyes of the public. And of course while a number of them are going down six ft as a result of AIDS. -Maybe some blood transfusion of an infected individual. Oh! A common transfusion!!

It makes me sad, to have a people fill in well the Words of Christ. A move to burden other peoples' lives with buggage that none of them is able or willing to carry. =Charles

MODERATOR'S COMMENT

This thread has been well discussed . Everyone has stated their views and no one is changing their minds.

With that in mind, it is the opinion of the Moderators, nothing further is to be gained and the thread will be closed.

If anyone wishes to add something to this thread that is of a differing viewpoint and has not already been covered, please let anyone on the Moderator Team know, and reopening of this thread will be considered.

We thank all who participated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back