The Pope: Man Of God? Or Man Of Perdition?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The keys to the kingdom covers many meanings. Receiving The Holy Ghost is one ( John 8 v 9) " A man without the Spirit of Christ, is None of His"

The Holy Ghost/ Spirit Shall teach you all things, and bring all things to remembrance which I have taught you...( Scripture)

Peter was The Apostle to the Jews in Jerusalem..not unto the Gentiles.

that's a new take ..
Peter was the Apostle to the Jews in Rome ..
Peter addressed two of his letters to the Thessalonians of Paul's church ..
and Paul addressed Romans to the Romans of Peter's church ..
and Priscilla and Aquila were already believers coming from Italy when Paul met them (Act 18:2) ..
then Paul went to Rome to help Peter because it took both of them to actually get the church in the Lions jaw started so it would not die ..
then we have Jesus prophesying of Peters death ..
which tradition confirms it as so and Paul's death in Rome as well ..
as well as Peter making an analogy of Rome as Babylon ..

I think your claim has no substantiation ..

Last edited:
that's a new take ..
Peter was the Apostle to the Jews in Rome ..
Peter addressed two of his letters to the Thessalonians of Paul's church ..
and Paul addressed Romans to the Romans of Peter's church ..
and Priscilla and Aquila were already believers coming from Italy when Paul met them (Act 18:2) ..
then Paul went to Rome to help Peter because it took both of them to actually get the church in the Lions jaw started so it would not die ..
then we have Jesus prophesying of Peters death ..
which tradition confirms it as so and Paul's death in Rome as well ..
as well as Peter making an analogy of Rome as Babylon ..

I think your claim has no substantiation ..
Show me One Scripture where Peter is actually in Rome. Paul, not Peter was the Apostle to Rome. This is made up by the RCC to connect them to Rome ( The Vatican) and falsifying their teaching that Peter was their first Pope..No Proof...ZERO

Here, however is what Scripture tells us with Paul and Peter in it...

verses 18 & 19 ( Paul Speaking) "Then After THREE YEARS I ( Paul) went up to JERUSALEM TO SEE PETER, and abode with him 15 days. But other Apostles saw I none, save JAMES THE LORD' S BROTHER"

Now, There is your scripture. Ask yourself this Question: If Peter was The Apostle to The Gentiles in Rome.. Why would Apostle Paul go spend 15 days with him in Jerusalem? Why wasen' t it stated like this: " And After 3 Years, I visited Peter in Rome?" ...Simple, Peter was based in Jerusalem not Rome.
Was Peter in Jerusalem visiting the Other Apostles? not hardly. Especially if he was a
" Pope" as The Vatican claims. No, you are wrong...Paul was The Apostle in Rome, where he later was Martyred.. ( Foxe' s Book of Martyrs)

Show me One Scripture where Peter is actually in Rome. Paul, not Peter was the Apostle to Rome. This is made up by the RCC to connect them to Rome ( The Vatican) and falsifying their teaching that Peter was their first Pope..No Proof...ZERO

verses 18 & 19 ( Paul Speaking) "Then After THREE YEARS I ( Paul) went up to JERUSALEM TO SEE PETER, and abode with him 15 days. But other Apostles saw I none, save JAMES THE LORD' S BROTHER"

Now, There is your scripture. Ask yourself this Question: If Peter was The Apostle to The Gentiles in Rome.. Why would Apostle Paul go spend 15 days with him in Jerusalem? Why wasen' t it stated like this: " And After 3 Years, I visited Peter in Rome?" ...Simple, Peter was based in Jerusalem not Rome.
Was Peter in Jerusalem visiting the Other Apostles? not hardly. Especially if he was a
" Pope" as The Vatican claims. No, you are wrong...Paul was The Apostle in Rome, where he later was Martyred.. ( Foxe' s Book of Martyrs)
Another little Revelation in Galatians 1 17-19 Paul visited James " The Lord' s BROTHER". Which proves " Virgin" Mary was only a Virgin until she gave birth to Jesus ( Matthew 1 v 25). The Scriptures tell us she and Joseph later had 4 sons and daughters but do not say their names ( Matthew 13 v 55 & 56) Notice one of Mary' s Sons was JAMES the Step Brother of Jesus, and an Apostle...Bummer for Catholic Teachings, That Mary was a perpetual Virgin after Jesus was born..

actually, I gave you the proof, it is you who give no proof contrary ..

Now, There is your scripture.

that is not proof .. that is PRE-EVANGELISM ..
that proof is like saying, here is Proof Paul was not in Greece ..

Ask yourself this Question: If Peter was The Apostle to The Gentiles in Rome..

I already stated Peter was the Apostle to the JEWS in Rome ..

Why would Apostle Paul go spend 15 days with him in Jerusalem?

once again your logic has chronology flaws ..

Why wasen' t it stated like this: " And After 3 Years, I visited Peter in Rome?"

because when Peter and Paul were in Jerusalem, that was BEFORE Paul went back to Greece (later to Rome) and Peter went to Rome ..

...Simple, Peter was based in Jerusalem not Rome.

fine .. then so was Paul based in Jerusalem ..

" Pope" as The Vatican claims.

Peter NEVER was the bishop in Rome (nor a Pope) .. that position is not enumerated in History until mid third century (papa) .. the church merely ascribes that title forward ..

No, you are wrong...

no you are wrong .. you still have given ZERO evidence to support your claim ..

Last edited:
Another little Revelation in Galatians 1 17-19 Paul visited James " The Lord' s BROTHER". Which proves " Virgin" Mary was only a Virgin until she gave birth to Jesus ( Matthew 1 v 25).

actually I believe those were his half-brothers (children of Joseph and Mary) .. however it proves NOTHING .. they still could have been prior children of Joseph's ..
however, Mat 1:25 pretty much proves Mary did not remain a virgin ..

The Scriptures tell us she and Joseph later had 4 sons and daughters but do not say their names ( Matthew 13 v 55 & 56)
no it doesn't .. it does NOT say they were hers .. but I think they were ..
as you can see, they thought Jesus WAS Joseph's son ..
and they do give the names ..
Mat 13:55 James, Joseph, Simon and Judas
also here ..
Mar 6:3 James, Joses, Judas and Simon

Notice one of Mary' s Sons was JAMES the Step Brother of Jesus, and an Apostle...

that James was NOT an Apostle ..
there are 3 James .. 2 Apostles and 1 Jesus half-brother ..

it's ok .. many get the 3 James' mixed up ..

Bummer for Catholic Teachings, That Mary was a perpetual Virgin after Jesus was born..

are you gloating ???
bummer for you .. you still have not proved you are correct on a few points ..

Last edited:
Jesus chose ..

3 sets with same name ..
2 Apostles named Simon
2 Apostles named James
2 Apostles named Judas

3 sets of brothers ..
Simon & Andrew
James & John
Matthew & James

these two James are also called James the greater, and James the lesser ..

JAMES the greater - brother to John, called Boanerges (meaning "sons of thunder" son of Zebedee, from Sea of Galilee
(Mat 10:2, Mar 1:16 & 3:17, Luk 6:14)

JAMES the lesser - brother to Matthew, son of Alphaeus, from Nazareth in Galilee
(Mat 10:3, Mar 2:14 & 3:18, Luk 6:15, Act 1:13)

note: it was John's brother James who was head of the Church of Jerusalem ..
and part of the "inner circle" of the 3 Apostles Jesus took on special occasions ..

there is no data to support Peter was
You are stating Catholic Teachings not scripture. I see nowhere in the Scriptures
where Peter was in Rome...ZERO...NADA.

I showed you Scripture where Paul Visited Peter in Jerusalem...So perhaps you can show me just one verse in The Word where Peter was based in Rome.

You also never said a word when I showed you the verse about " JAMES, The Lord' s Brother" from scripture...not some church teaching either. Show Evidence from Scripture..not man made doctrines and no proof.

The RCC used to teach Peter was their first Pope...what they do change the game plan again? They also tell Catholics Mary was always ( Perpetual) Virgin even after she gave birth to Jesus...another false story. The only way the RCC can be shown as an actual Christian Church is make things up and pervert certain scriptures to back their claim.

Did you know The RCC is a " Mixture" Church? You read that right..MIXTURE CHURCH... ........(1) Jewish Religious beliefs
( 2) Babylonian Mystery Religion beliefs
(3) Christian teachings.

The priests in The Catholic Church wear Vestments similar to the Jewish Religious people...One example is The Mitre the headpiece worn by the Pope...To show who the high potentiate is. I can name many other examples as well

Babylon Mystery Religion....Invented Confessions to a Pagan Priest, by The Babylonian King.

Nuns....were called " Vestal Virgins"

Priests had to be Un Married, etc.

Two wonderful books to buy and scan through;

(1) Babylon, Mystery Religion....

(2) The Two Babylons by Alexander Hislop written in the mid 19th Century .

You can purchase these at any Christian Book Store...just read those two for yourself.

these two James are also called James the greater, and James the lesser ..

JAMES the greater - brother to John, called Boanerges (meaning "sons of thunder" son of Zebedee, from Sea of Galilee
(Mat 10:2, Mar 1:16 & 3:17, Luk 6:14)

JAMES the lesser - brother to Matthew, son of Alphaeus, from Nazareth in Galilee
(Mat 10:3, Mar 2:14 & 3:18, Luk 6:15, Act 1:13)

note: it was John's brother James who was head of the Church of Jerusalem ..
and part of the "inner circle" of the 3 Apostles Jesus took on special occasions ..
But...But...We are talking about " JAMES, THE LORD' S BROTHER"! not anyone ele' s cousin, Brother, or blood kin.....JESUS' BROTHER!!....So you don' t want to admit THIS JAMES is not THE LORD' S BROTHER? or perhaps Paul was tired from his long trip from Rome to Jerausalem, and simply made a mistake in idenity?..yea, right.

If a Catholic admits this scripture means what it says...then they cannot possibly believe that Mary was a perpetual virgin, ( James is listed as one of her Children). It also proves Peter was in Jerusalem when Paul visited Peter for 15 days.

actually, that is a many faceted answer ..

Eph 2:20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,
Eph 2:21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord,
Eph 2:22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

we have free will to accept or reject God ..
we also are told to preach the Gospel ..
and by that preaching, others will also believe ..
those who are bishops, elders and decons have a responsibility (as we do too) to preach that Gospel as it was handed down to us ..
the Apostles whom Jesus told to build the church are who gave us the Gospel ..

I have always felt that any you may lead to the Lord, become a responsibility to you that they are then not led astray or lose heart .. so we should keep a fellowship with any that you do lead to the Lord .. for a newbie to than fall away is a heart breaking thing ..

God Bless you ..

I do not see anyone, save Jesus, building the "Temple", which is His church. The Lord is the"...chief cornerstone...", upon whom all rely for salvation: and he has placed the apostles and prophets first, as the foundation, and we are "...built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets...".
"...and upon this rock I will build my church...".

The Wafer God....

Catholics are given a white round wafer at their services. They are told that the priest magically calls down The Lord from his throne in heaven and at the beck and call of their priest Jesus enters into the Wafer (Communion) and the Catholic believer receives Jesus. Silly me, I thought Jesus came into us through The Holy Ghost/ Spirit. This idea is called transubtination. Where did this idea originate from? Certainly no Bible I have read supports such an idea to receive Jesus.

This idea was " borrowed" from the ancient Egyptians who used this same idea to give their religious followers the 3 God Trinity of the Sun...Isis..Horus...Seb. Pagan worship of the Sun God Trinity...

You can swallow a thousand of these little wafers, and still never receive Jesus. You must Be converted as The Bible teaches, or never receive Jesus, or receive his Holy Spirit within.

There is a verse in the Bible that also declares..God does not dwell in any vessel made with human hands...so right there we see a wafer made with human hands is non grata with The Lord..

The Wafer God....

Catholics are given a white round wafer at their services. They are told that the priest magically calls down The Lord from his throne in heaven and at the beck and call of their priest Jesus enters into the Wafer (Communion) and the Catholic believer receives Jesus. Silly me, I thought Jesus came into us through The Holy Ghost/ Spirit. This idea is called transubtination. Where did this idea originate from? Certainly no Bible I have read supports such an idea to receive Jesus.

This idea was " borrowed" from the ancient Egyptians who used this same idea to give their religious followers the 3 God Trinity of the Sun...Isis..Horus...Seb. Pagan worship of the Sun God Trinity...

Beloved Brother, "Let the dead bury the dead." But to those who are alive in Christ Jesus, to us is commended to preach the gospel that saves!

Beloved Brother, "Let the dead bury the dead." But to those who are alive in Christ Jesus, to us is commended to preach the gospel that saves!
Normally I agree with what you are saying 100%. When Catholics however come here and twist and pervert what the Gospel actually says, then it is time to bring forth this verse spoken by Jesus.....John 8: 32 " And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free".

Their position on certain subjects we discuss needs to be addressed, as others coming on this site may not be strong in the Faith and may take what is being said as Gospel, when it is not Gospel....No arguments...Let the dead bury the dead...and learn what is truth from what is fiction and of course pray for everyone..

Well....When I was an Alter Boy and a Catholic back in the day...we called it a; " Communion Wafer"...sorry if that description is not up to date....I described where it actually came from, and how it was used in Ancient Egypt. Think maybe Cleopatra took this in her day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back