The Position Of A Bishop...

The Position Of A Bishop...

This is purely for me although I decided to share...:dance:​

1 Timothy 3:1-5​

1This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

2A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

4One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5(For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

He MUST be:
  • Blameless
  • Husband of One wife
  • Vigilant
  • Sober
  • Of Good Behaviour
  • Given to hospitality
  • Apt to teach
  • Not given to Wine
  • No Striker
  • Not greedy of Filthy lucre
  • Patient
  • Not a brawler
  • Not Covetous
Filthy lucre is a shameful profit;​

Being Covetous means inordinately or wrongly desirous of wealth or possessions; greedy.​

Vigilant means to be ever awake and alert; sleeplessly watchful.​

A brawler is someone who wants or likes to squabble, fight, bicker, row on a constant basis.​

To be sober is to be not intoxicated or drunk.​

Just a few definitons for some word people might not know what they mean.​

Then in 2 Timothy 3:5,7​

5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

And now I am thinking whoa! That reminds me of my church...and when I read it in the bible my spirit jumped! It all made so much sense! They have the bible down they know it front and backwards, BUT they deny the very essential key They DENY THE POWER! and to me that is just whoa! How can you believe in Jesus that he rose on the third day to redeem all men but deny the very power of God?? You can't it is impossible.
God is all powerful and all knowing, He has all power mighty Power Soul Saving power how can you deny that and say you are saved, by this same power but refuse to believe in the power of Jesus Christ...lol I am so confused.​

I remeber that when I was stressed over my church before trying to figure what the problem is something spoke to my spirit and reminded me of Isaiah 1 feel free to read it and get back to me. Oh and by the way I had a confimation to Isaiah 1 from another sister in my church the lord have her Jeremiah 6 please compare the two very scarry! Either way my prayer is lord have your way use me for whatever just give me the courage and boldness to be down for whatever you want. Man this is deep the lord is showing me bit by bit and it is intresting. I want to be real for Jesus and I know there is power in that name and God works however he wants and whenever and through whoever he wants just because you dont understand something dosent mean it is wrong. If you dont understand something pray about it ask God to let you know what is going on dont just call people out and enbarass them or atleast try to lol I have to great of a since of humour to be down like that I just need to vent..for all who read about what my pastor call me you know what this is all about.​

Jesus has given me my reasoning..and I know he has my back and he is going to handle it on my behalf. Thank you Jesus​

thanks for reading I know it was long... You did it HOORAY! :dance:​

Much love.
Caresse​

Carresse, isn't it amazing when God opens our eyes and hearts to knowledge and lights our paths!!

Bishop Thomas Jones

I will say he fits your discription!

Whatever one is fond of, in recognizable supplicate of posture in all things to prove and disprove of deed, such is relevant, such is spiritual ..

I notice JesusReignsForever in excitement to edify her precious soul, and violet patting her on the back, that they take care of their own ..

Peace and Respect of I onto you ..

Aaw, Jesse, yep, Caresse is my girl and you are a good friend too! :)

lol yep thats right I know Jesus and Violet always have my back... lol as well as many other..even you Jesse although your proper post confuse my small vocabulary haha :p No seriously they do!:D

Hi ..

Yes it makes me very happy that you are pleased in good animate in recognition for me .. In Jesus name all the way we earnestly support .. Thank you for your good mentioning, you make good effort, I like your well thoughtfulness .. JesusReignsForever and violet are impressing me .. I like to make of possibility Yesses, that anything else I could do away ..

Notice your loved ones, take care of your families ! You can make the difference !

:fish::fish::fish::fish:

??
Zoom Va-Zoom !

:jesus-sign::jesus-sign::jesus-sign::jesus-sign:

Peace and Grace and Love and Attention be with you and your esteem ..

Dear JRF.

I have to go back and read your first post as there was a lot of meat there to chew on. But I do recognize that whatever happened in your church , I can see that you love the Lord and that as we place it all at His feet, He will work it out. There is therefore no condemnation to them that love the Lord and you are His child and He will bring justice forward as you wait upon Him for the answers.

I know you are not ashamed of the gospel as it is power unto salvation. God has given you the power of the Holy Spirit and like you said prayer is the key to a successful Christian life. What ever is good , whatever is pure,..... that is what will come out . The Lord rules and reigns and we are His servants to fulfill His will and promise. He will never let you down.

Praise His Name forever more. God bless you , JRF. :israel::jesus-cross:

Back