The Power of a Good Eye

The Power of a Good Eye

Excerpted from the Daily God Walk for today:
The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, our whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness! – Matthew 6:22-23

Truth has little value if it is obscured by darkness. I have looked into many religions over the years and I have found that there is some truth in all religions. The unfortunate reality is that the effect of the truth is often overshadowed by the philosophies of men that house that truth.

What say you?

Excerpted from the Daily God Walk for today:
The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, our whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness! – Matthew 6:22-23

Truth has little value if it is obscured by darkness. I have looked into many religions over the years and I have found that there is some truth in all religions. The unfortunate reality is that the effect of the truth is often overshadowed by the philosophies of men that house that truth.

What say you?

I'll just comment on the verse.

Of course it's not the physical eye that the quoted scripture is mentioning. There is another eye that needs light:

having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints
Ephe 1:18

Our hearts have eyes. And that is what we need to be enlightened. Because the heart is the darkest of all places:

The heart is deceitful above all things,
and desperately corrupt;
who can understand it?
Jer 17:9

Above all things the heart is deceitful. It is full of darkness. We need the word of God to take away that darkness:

For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life
Prov 6:23

For if we have the commandments of God or the word of God in our hearts, it would shine like a morning star:

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts
2 Pet 1:19

Back