The Power of Love

The Power of Love

1 Corinthians 13:4
Believers are channels for God’s love. His love flowing through us is a powerful force that enables us to do more than the unbeliever who relies only upon himself:
First, we can exhibit divine patience. With God’s Spirit living within us, we are empowered to wait upon His timing and purpose. When we care about someone, we naturally want to act quickly on his or her behalf. But, as the Lord is working out His perfect plan, we must wait until He tells us to proceed.
Second, we can demonstrate a kind and caring attitude. As believers, we have the capacity to be genuinely kind, regardless of how others treat us. Unlike vengeance, which feeds our own desires, kindness responds to the other person’s need for love and affirmation.
Third, we learn to separate love from jealousy. Jealousy is a fear of losing someone, or losing loyalty from that person. Being a channel for God’s love gives us the security to hold relationships more loosely. When we're confident of our Lord’s care and sovereignty, we don't need to cling so fiercely to our friends and family that we smother them.
Finally, we understand that love is not arrogant. Apart from the fullness of God’s love, peopleare empty and prone to crave attention for themselves. But, as believers,we're indwelled by the Holy Spirit, whoenables us to understand our value in God’seyes. As a result, we can be humble before men.
God’s love is powerful. When we allow His caring Spirit to flow through us, we can profoundly affect our world.

That is very nice~
I sometimes experience jealousy in low doses due to insecurities from my past~
I fear losing people I love.

Awesome, to love is to be like our God for He is love!

Psalm 32:10
Many are the woes of the wicked, but the LORD's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him.

Psalm 33:5
The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.

Psalm 33:18
But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,

Back