The Power of Praying the Word

The Power of Praying the Word

There is power in praying the Word of God, the promises that God has given us.

Hebrews 1:14Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Psalm 103:20Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.

When we pray His Word in faith or speak in agreement with what He has already promised us, the angels hear us voice God’s Word and begin to work on our behalf.

But if we speak the opposite of God’s Word, the angels cannot respond for they will only do God’s will. When His ministering spirits listen for His Word to be prayed, spoken or agreed with it, they go about doing what is necessary and the Lord brings to pass, whether it be blessings, salvation, provision or healing, every good and perfect things from our Father.

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report. 3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

There is a spiritual world that we cannot see with our natural eyes, but we know they exists and are just as real as what we can see. The things that were made were not made of something we can see in the natural world.

Just because you cannot see it in the natural does not mean things are not happening in the spiritual realm. Everything you see was created out of the invisible, things not seen. God saw it first then spoke it into existence.

In this unseen spiritual world, the activities of God’s angels are carrying out what the Lord commands that was prayed or spoken. If we continue to believe, they are manifested in the natural realm and can be seen.

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal

Isaiah 55:11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Whenever we pray His Word or allow the Lord to speak His Word through us, whatever the promise is, there is power in that spoken promise to bring it to pass, just as a seed has the power inside itself to bring forth life. The is faith contained in every scripture to bring about the promise it speaks of.

We are speaking for Him, His power is behind our words in the same way a policeman holds up his hand to stop traffic. Just like we are given power of attorney, authority here in a natural in a legal sense, it’s not our power, but because we are using the name of Jesus, speaking in the authority He has given us. Its His power and authority that backs us up

What do you mean? I dont think I ever taught this here :)

I just mean i've been taught that, applied that, and such in the past . and i have good memories of it . it is a decent foundation . especially if you apply it to everything in life . like any teaching . you get out of it what you put into it .

Whenever we pray His Word or allow the Lord to speak His Word through is, whatever the promise is, there is power in that spoken promise to bring it to pass, just as a seed has the power inside itself to bring forth life. The is faith contained in every scripture to bring about the promise it speaks of.

We are speaking for Him, His power is behind our words in the same way a policeman holds up his hand to stop traffic. Just like we are given power of attorney, authority here in a natural in a legal sense, it’s not our power, but because we are using the name of Jesus, speaking in the authority He has given us. Its His power and authority that backs us up

Praise God my dear and my head has cleared up so I can now read again .

I love your descriptions of the police man . and yes , God has given us the Power and Authority and all we have to do is sak in the Name of Jesus and when we believe it shall be done . I thank God for the power and authority that we have that demons shutter when we meantion the Name of Jesus .

Ephesians 1:21
far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.

Colossians 2:10
and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.

And yes as you said to pray scripture is also powerful cause satan doesn't like to hear us pray that way .

So when we pray, we pray to Jesus as the Lord over every germ, every virus, every disease on this planet. He is the Lord over every heart of every person in your situation. He is the Lord over every weather system, every home, every piece of land, every human authority, every resource, every corner of this world and this universe.

"Jesus, the economy isn't going to decide what happens to me - You are. This condition isn't going to decide it - You are. These people aren't going to decide it - You are. The odds aren't going to decide it - You are; ...... Jesus!"

That's total Authority in Jesus Name ..

Proverbs 18:21Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

We discussed the power of words in another thread, in the negative sense. This is the positive side. If our words are this powerful, just think how powerful GOD’s Word is. Mighty and miraculous things can transpire! When we realize this we will want to apply His Word to anything that is not His will and He can turn it around. Praying according to God’s Word changes situations.

1 John 5:14And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

John 15:7If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

How do we know what God’s will is ? The same way that you would know my will, I have to tell you. God has told us His will in His Word, so if we pray according to what His Word says we are praying according to His will. If His Word continually abides in us, we will want what God wants.

God sees things before they happen as he wants them to be. When we look at God’s promises we see how God wants our situation to be. We believe He is in the process of bringing it to pass on our lives, even though we don’t see it in the natural yet. Just as we plant a seed in the ground and don’t see it growing, it’s not coming up immediately, but still it really IS growing. And one day we will look and see there is the harvest of what we planted.

Isaiah 43:26Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.

The Lord tells us to put Him in remembrance of His Word. God spoke everything that is created into existence with His words in Genesis. Speaking things into existence is a principle of God. We were created in his image and through faith in Jesus Christ He now lives in us. When we let Him use us as a vessel and speak through us what He wills, there is creative power to change situations. It’s HIS words and power, not ours. We are applying the Word of God to a certain situation and doing something to change the problem, like applying medicine to you hand to cause a wound to be healed.

Romans 4:17(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

In verse :23-25 it tells us this was not just written for just Abraham’s sake, but was also an example for us. So we know we can also call things that are not as though they were. God change Abram’s name to Abraham, which means ‘’father of many nations’’ or “father of multitudes”. Every time Abraham said his own name or someone else called him by name, they were saying he was a father of many nations, although he hadn’t had even one child yet.

Hebrews 13:7 Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to
you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith

A child will say, my Daddy says this and Daddy said that and what he says is true. He imitates him, talking like him, acting like him and says “ I’m going to be like my Daddy!” That’s the way we should be when it comes to our Father, say what HE would say, do what he would do.

Ephesians 5:1Therefore be imitators of God as dear children.

Hebrews 6:12 We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

Jesus only said what our Father told Him to say, and so should we.

John 12:49For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak

John 14:10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he does the works

GodSpeaks said:
2 Corinthians 4:18While we looknot at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal

Don’t look at the impossible situation, look at the answer, which is God's promise. What we see is only temporary, so look at what He promised in His Word, which is true and eternal. You’re situation is in the process of being changed.

If you look at the situation in the natural, or speak contrary to the promise you just prayed, it will prevent your answer from being answered.

GodSpeaks said:
1 John 5:14And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

We don’t go by what things looks like, but we walk by faith, by every promise that God has spoken and told us to pray.

2 Corinthians 5:7
(For we walk by faith, not by sight: )

Matthew 4:4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

The Lord tells us to put Him in remembrance of His Word. I remind Him in prayer what he promised me and I receive it and thank Him for it. Speaking things into existence is a principle of God

Isaiah 43:26Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.

Job 22:28Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

What you say you will reap. We have a choice what to say so I decree that the Word God spoke to me shall be established, the rhema word concerning whatever situation is in my life will come to pass just as He said.

We should see the answer, not the problem, just as God sees the answer from the beginning.

Isaiah 46:9
Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure

What you say you will reap. We have a choice what to say so I decree that the Word God spoke to me shall be established, the rhema word concerning whatever situation is in my life will come to pass just as He said.

We should sees the answer, not the problem, just as God sees the answer from the beginning.

Exactly .... Because when we focus on the problem , we are not focusing on God . We have to realalize that our God is bigger than any problem and even though we maybe don't see the solution in our timing , His timing is always better cause it is the right timing. God is working it out on our behalf we just need to trust Him .

Proverbs 3:5

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;

We confess our sins when we say and agree with what God said is sin and we repent of it. That also works on the positive side. When we confess, say, speak, or pray God’s Word we are agreeing that what He said is true, we believe what He said He will do. That’s faith.

Mark11:20And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots. 21And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.

Jesus had been teaching them by demonstration how to put their faith into practice and use the authority He gave them. The gospel is not just words, but is in demonstration also. He spoke to the fig tree and it died. They didn’t see it happen at that moment but it began at the moment and was manifested, seen in the natural the next day.

22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
He said have faith in God, or in some versions it says have the God kind of faith. So what kind of faith does God have? The kind that speaks what He believes.

….say unto this mountain, Be thou removed….

This is a principle that will work, but it won’t work just as a formula. This is involved, but not the whole picture. We continually say and mediate on the Word to build our faith until it is real in our heart, not just in our head. Then speak or pray the solution to the problem, which is God the promise in His Word.

If I need healing I pray, Father in 1 Peter 2:24 referring to Jesus it says ‘’ by whose stripes ye were healed’’ and 1 John 3:8 says He came to ‘’destroy the works of the devil.’’ I believe Your Word and I receive healing now. Fever leave my body. Thank you Lord for healing me.

James1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord

We can’t doubt in your heart. Even if we do believe in our heart, sometimes the enemy will fire darts of doubt into our mind. We can’t dwell in it or receive it for a second, but immediately cast down those thoughts, command him to leave in Jesus name and continue to believe what you prayed.

24Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

We believe when we pray, not when we see it. That’s not faith and we don’t need any faith if we can see it. Between the time we pray and seeing the answer, we thank and praise Him for it. If your boss says you will get paid Friday, you are rejoicing, its yours, even if you don’t see it yet. Your prayer working in the spiritual realm but often takes time to begin showing in the natural realm.

GodSpeaks, nothing wrong technically . sounds like it all lines up with scripture, but it didn't reach my Spirit .

not sure if you find feedback like that helpful or not . but thought i'd toss it in anyway .

hope you are well today .

Yes I am, thanks.

Like I said the more we meditate on the Word the more it becomes real to us. When I first read something it doesn't always jump out at me, but as I prayerfully meditate on it and ask the Lord to reveal what he would say to me, it becomes a part of me. In fact the spiritual realm can be more real than the natural realm, when we begin focusing on the things of spirit more than the world's ways.

i thought it was wierd because it was the first thing (literally, everything in the creation is alive and jumps out at me now that you mention it) today that didn't jump out at me . tres mystere .

i'll read it again tomorrow .

Its best to just read alittle at a time and prayfully meditate on it more. Then later read more and do the same. To just read alot and not meditate doesn't do any good. I don't know of anyone that all of the Bible verses just jump out at you all the time. That is called a 'rhema' word that God is speaking just to you about something He wants to show you.

I live in rhema, i appreciate your feedback also . i try not to pay too much attention to anything or anyone because it can get me into trouble . so what focus i have given it . is all i can give it today . maybe it will be rhema for me tomorrow .

I can read something over and over for years and not understand or it be real. But one day suddenly it happens! And I think why didn't I see that before?

I can read something over and over for years and not understand or it be real. But one day suddenly it happens! And I think why didn't I see that before?

I know and each time you read the same passage there is more and that's why it is called The Living Word.

Another aspect of the "living word" is that Jesus Christ became flesh and lived among us .

in the same way . we too must become as word alive .

Another aspect of the "living word" is that Jesus Christ became flesh and lived among us .

in the same way . we too must become as word alive .

Good thought Michael .

The Word of God (Scripture) is described as a spiritual weapon of great power--in this case, a sword that cuts straight to the heart. It cuts past excuses and defenses, and confronts us with its truth.

Hebrews 4:12

12For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

To continue with Mark 11
I thought I had finished this passges but looks like I got sidetracked and didn't after all.

Mark11:23For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith 24Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them

25And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. 26But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

People may say they have prayed correctly and not doubted but here is another reason our prayers may be hindered sometimes. God does not answer until we get this taken care of. Wrong attitude, motives, unforgiveness and hold grudges have alot to do with unanswered prayer

Back