The Power of Suggestion!

It's quite amazing how modern thinking is so geared toward self-reliance and self-sufficiency, and yet individuals, communities and so high a percentage of the population masses are so easily sold on suggestive manipulations for world view, and even how we look at ourselves!

Never underestimate the power of suggestion. It's a force that comes at us from both true and false sources, with the latter being some of the most dangerous.

What have YOU experienced that originated from some suggestive source, only for you to realize later that your were duped into a falsehood image of yourself or about others?

Propaganda didn't stop with Hitler, Mussolini, Mao Tse Tung or with any of the other despots of history. We saw that going on just the other day in the most recent State of the Union...all of it mixed in with the gibberish and incoherent rhetoric. It was there, with claims such as how the deficit has allegedly been reduced, with the national debt increased more than any other singular presidency. It was only by accident that one of the claims was true...

So, here is an example for the power of suggestions performed by a group of researchers, demonstrating the unsavory tendency that is so dominant in modern culture and society:

Musicmaster Thanks for this. It hits home. Yes we are bombarded with false suggestions. Sometimes It goes unnoticed until it's too late. And once we are under the power of these beliefs that don't serve us we don't half cop for it.

Sometimes I struggle with feeling unlovable and worthless and I can think of instances in my past, where people made comments that stuck with me, that at the time didn't bother me because I didn't see how they would affect me.

And before I know it, I then begin comparing myself to others, making judgements, looking for evidence of the lies, and remembering past rejections, and when those shiny advertisements that inject a desire find me... I either go out and buy the product thinking it will help, or shrink back in hopelessness that nothing will help. All this can set me off on a spiral if I am not careful which the devil loves and starts to interfere with my peace and hope and contentment of knowing I am already Loved and valued, and begin to see the evidence for.

We have to stay vigilant, that all these manipulations we can see, acknowledge and fight, for the thief comes only to steal kill and destroy.

Musicmaster Thanks for this. It hits home. Yes we are bombarded with false suggestions. Sometimes It goes unnoticed until it's too late. And once we are under the power of these beliefs that don't serve us we don't half cop for it.

Sometimes I struggle with feeling unlovable and worthless and I can think of instances in my past, where people made comments that stuck with me, that at the time didn't bother me because I didn't see how they would affect me.

And before I know it, I then begin comparing myself to others, making judgements, looking for evidence of the lies, and remembering past rejections, and when those shiny advertisements that inject a desire find me... I either go out and buy the product thinking it will help, or shrink back in hopelessness that nothing will help. All this can set me off on a spiral if I am not careful which the devil loves and starts to interfere with my peace and hope and contentment of knowing I am already Loved and valued, and begin to see the evidence for.

We have to stay vigilant, that all these manipulations we can see, acknowledge and fight, for the thief comes only to steal kill and destroy.

Via, yes. My initial purpose in this is to bolster the hearts and minds of others to remain vigilant against those suggestive statements that bombard us all through advertising, movies, news reports, political speeches, schools, textbooks, internet...on and on the list goes. Satan knows how powerful a tool suggestive things are to the unthinking masses, especially when power suggestions are vomited out into the public by those who are considered people of some note, who are popular and famous and/or have letters and titles attached to their names.

Being on guard at all times, knowing that the enemy, as scripture says, goes about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. What the psychobabble thinktanks don't count on is the power of the Word of God to sustain us from the power of Satan and his servants. Every time Satan tried to tempt Jesus to do his bidding, the Lord did nothing more than to quote His own scripture to Satan rather than to brow beat Satan at his own game.

Stay strong and remember that you have brothers and sisters around here who have your back.

Blessings to you and yours.

MM

Here's another demonstration for the power of suggestion: In this clip, the actor says some very silly things, the most glaring of them is the claim that the four horsemen of the apocalypse rise up out of the sea... Folks, when you read Revelation 6 for yourself, you will see that those horsemen did no such thing!

This also is why I am very careful about feeding on the fare of so-called "Christian Movies" out there on the market. They routinely play on strong emotions, which is one way people are made more receptive to the powers of suggestion. The inferior things, the falsehoods, that come from "Christian Movies" are little falsehoods here and there that make it easier for many people to become more receptive to the suggestive doctrines they hold as the core of their beliefs. Remember that a little leaven leavens the whole loaf.

Remember that series called "Touched by an Angel?" I renamed it into "Whooped by an Angel" because that series constantly beats the idea of death being the friend of God, when in fact death is an ENEMY of God. That series had many falsehoods sewn into the fabric of its lies and deceptions that the informed believer will always recognize if on guard! That's why we are instructed:

Philippians 4:6-7
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Always remaining on guard in your heart and mind against what other sources are trying to feed into you is accomplished THROUGH Christ Jesus. Keeping Him as your focus is how we battle against the rudiments and chaotic symphony of messages flying about in the world around us.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Paul didn't say SOME things, or MOST things, but ALL things.

Amen

MM

Back