The power of worship!

I was reading ROMANS CHAPTER 1 the other day. I was reminded that the greatest, most impacting decision we will ever make is “Whom will I worship?” No other decision we can make is as important or life-changing. Every other thing we think and say and do is merely a SYMPTOM of Whom or what we have decided to worship. That one decision sets in motion all other decisions, and reverberates into all the aspects of our lives — and changes forever who we are and who we will be in eternity.

That one decision sets in motion all other decisions,

This is only going to be true if you make it so. Nothing just automatically happens when dealing with the word of God.

Now it is Written in God's Word
Romans 12:2 ....
And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God

(Get His word in you each and every day and speak His word each and every day)

2 Corinthians 10:4-5
4... For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to pulling down strong holds

5... Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

(Begin to practice the words you speak and thoughts you think for our thoughts and words to control how we act or react and believe. Our own words do more do influence our thinking then most of everything else)

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh

(The more you do the first two the more you will begin to walk in the Spirit and you will be amazed to say the least)

All done through the Grace of God who maketh all grace abound to me. (2Corinthians 9:8)

Now then Scripture here clearly says We Must do things.
We must Work to achieve or Enable God's word to work in our lives.
With out our works - worshiping God does Not Fix our thoughts or enable us to be controlled by His Spirit.

As clearly seen in scripture above, We must choose to take control of our thoughts, believing and Actions.
So this also says if one does not do so then they will not be in right thinking or in tune with the spirit of God.

So clearly.......Scripture tells us we must constantly take captive every thought unto His word. This in its self will set all decisions into motion.

One can be in the Spirit and Worship the Father in the morning......
Then be in the flesh that night.

Blessings
FCJ

Yes, my brother, I agree. But I believe we are saying the same thing. Every time we choose to take our thoughts captive, or to walk in the Spirit (as opposed to the flesh), or to turn our backs on the world and follow Jesus, we are choosing once again to worship God. Each action is an act of worship. And the ability we have to make each decision is ultimately grace from God, otherwise we could not do it. True obedience is always an act of worship and always connected to grace. Can we resist God's grace and disobey? I believe we can. ("As God's fellow workers we urge you not to receive God's grace in vain." 2 Cor. 6:1) But once we choose to worship and follow Jesus and are born again, I believe there is a wind of grace at out backs, always helping us to move forward, always making the right choice easier (not always EASY, but EASIER) than the wrong choice. And that is what I am talking about.

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them -- yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me." (1 Corinthians 15:10-11)

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:" (2 Cor 5:17-18)

Last edited:
Yes my Brother and Friend "we are" but what I wrote was not for the benifit of you.
I mean I was thinking about many replies from Others through out the forum.

See far too many believers dont believe right, they think all is God's doing because Everything is Free and with out Works on their end. As if they can live and dwell as they "feel" like because after all I read some bible or sang in church so all is good.

These same folks constantly question why God "allows" certain things to happen in their lives as if it had to be run past God first to get His ok. They get offended by everything and think what they are dealing with is so "different" from what others deal with and feel they are owed, pampering and you poor baby you.

Far too many folks these days Simply Will Not Take Ownership of their thoughts. They say, the things I do say and think have no say in what I go through. Sad is it not?

So my brother when I saw that one line I quoted and saw how "many others" could take it as saying "free ride" I don't have to do anything because since I say I worship God everything else is on God's doing or Simply Is "Automatically Done in me". Well Sir I decided to expound on it.

Thank you for all your time and work you bring to cfs. It's always awesome and on point.
Blessings my Brother
FCJ

Back