The Priority of Obedience

The Priority of Obedience

The Priority of Obedience – 1 Samuel 15 Before leaving for work, a father says to his son, “Straighten your room, take out the garbage, and sweep the driveway.†When Dad comes home, the son explains his unique approach to the chore list: “Well, Dad, the garbage can was only half full. And, I figured nobody would see my room. But, I cleaned the driveway, just as you said.â€
How many of us would say the son obeyed his father? Some of us treat God the same way. We approach Him with rationalizations and arguments, instead of submission. When Saul spared an enemy king and kept the best of the war plunder, He disobeyed God. The Lord commanded him to destroy everyone and everything, but Saul followed his own plan.
First, he argued that he followed the Lord’s command. With the exception of the rival king, everything had been wiped out (1 Sam. 15:13 & 15). When the prophet Samuel rebuked Saul for disobedience, the king passed the blame to the people. He also attempted to justify the sinful action by claiming he was planning to offer the choice plunder as a sacrifice. Persistent disobedience led the Lord to withdraw His blessing from Saul’s reign.
We might think our rationalizations sound convincing. But God isn’t fooled. He requires complete obedience. When we choose to follow only portions of His will, we are actually being disobedient — and there will be consequences. Anytime we step outside God’s will for our lives, we can expect consequences for not choosing the right path.

Thank you for this excellent post, Rick. Timely,too. I am finding more and more as I peruse this forum as a new member, that I am finding posts by other members that address issues that are currently being raised in my own life. It is so awesome to find a gathering of people,centered on Christ, that addresses the everyday venture along the path to rightousness. Whle I have contributed(hopefully helpfully) in a couple of threads, I have definately learned more than I can share for others sake. Praise to God for you guys! Keep up the great work!
:jesus-cross:

1Sa 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Thanks Pastor Rick. A very timely reminder.

Romans 6:16
Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness

thankyousomuchpurple.gif

Rick, I need help in this area.

I strongly believe the Lord gives me prophetic messages: I recieved one yesterday morning.

However I am very cautious, fearing I am imagining them. Or have the sin of presumptuous. My last message was not well revieved by most of my Church family.

So will everyone agree with me in prayer, that the Lord will regard the fleece I've thrown down:confused:

Thank You
Beloved

God has been teaching me this very thing, to listen to his voice and follow his leading. We all have times when we see very clearly what he wants us to do and we don't always follow. When I fail to follow his leading, the results are disastrous, almost exaggerated because he wants to teach me to obey without question.

I strongly believe the Lord gives me prophetic messages: I recieved one yesterday morning.

I would strongly encourage you to share whatever God has given you and not worry about how it is received. It may be a message that will speak to one person specifically.

Boanerges ,

I recieved another message from the Father today, and I threw that fleece down and it was answered within the hour.
He said it was for His CHurch......

Can I post it or do you want me to send it to you first for approval?
Beloved

Unless you feel that it is highly inflamatory or contraversial I don't think it would be a problem at all.

Monday, October 08, 2007 7:00 AM
Tell Them that I love them and desire not that they fall into temptation.
Soon there will be a rumbling in their heart, and to not turn away.
There will be many rumblings, but to not turn away from the rumblings in their heart.
For I AM there.
Flowers WILL spring forth and the song of the turtledove will be heard in their ears.
This is my Word.
Spring forth, for I am about to do a New thing.
Though foundations will be shaken, you will not stumble; you will not be shaken for I AM with you.
I AM in your heart and will carry you through.
As the sun burst through the heaven so I will be.
Do not be frightened, for I am with you always.
You are my Beloved, and I am your Beloved.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 11:01 AM

Thus sayeth the Lord, as the wind rushes from one place to another, so will my Spirit be.
As mountains arise from the depths of the ocean so will my boldness be.
As the canopy of green blankets the earth so will my passion be for you.

Do you not fashion it? It’ is already there my Beloved one.
Be in kind to ME.
For I have many treasures awaiting you.
Though you think you are rich now.
I have treasures of longing for you.
Treasures of great passion, and I Will encompass you with my wings of mercy and forgiveness.

Thus sayeth the Lord, I am with you always, and now Am. Be merciful as I Am.
Be forgiving as I Am.
Be passionate for Me, as I Am for you.
Thus sayeth the Lord

Amen Beloved, God is shaking all that can be shaken until we have naught to lean on but Him- there is no safer place-

This one is for the gals I guess.

You are a good and faithful servant, my daughter and I love you my Beloved. And I WILL give you a sign.

Soon there will be scarlet in your life. Do not fear. Do not run away. For I am with you and miracles with spring forth. I AM preparing the life before you.
As the sun brings forth life so I will bring forth LIFE within you. Rest and know that I am God. You are greatly loved my daughter. Set your path before me and follow Me!
There will be gemstones in your future, glistening like diamonds.
Wait before me sayeth your Beloved Father. I love you very much. You are My daughter sayeth the Lord.
Like fresh wine flowing down the hills so will your heart be.
AMEN

That word "scarlet" did not make sense to me because the only scarlet I know is color,and fabric however on it also means>

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/scarlet

2. Flagrantly immoral or unchaste: scarlet thoughts.

Beloved

Back