The punishment of mankind.

The woman, for her sin, is condemned to a state of sorrow, and of subjection; proper punishments of that sin, in which she had sought to gratify the desire of her eye, and of the flesh, and her pride. Sin brought sorrow into the world; that made the world a vale of tears. No wonder our sorrows are multiplied, when our sins are so. He shall rule over thee, is but God's command, Wives, be subject to your own husbands. If man had not sinned, he would always have ruled with wisdom and Love; if the woman had not sinned, she would always have obeyed with humility and meekness. Adam laid the blame on his wife; but though it was her fault to persuade him to eat the forbidden fruit, it was his fault to hearken to her. Thus men's frivolous pleas will, in the day of God's judgment, be turned against them. God put marks of displeasure on Adam.
1. His habitation is cursed. God gave the earth to the children of men, to be a comfortable dwelling; but it is now cursed for man's sin. Yet
Adam is not himself cursed, as the serpent was, but only the ground for his sake.
2. His employments and enjoyments are embittered to him. Labor is our duty, which we must faithfully perform; it is part of man's sentence, which idleness daringly defies. Uneasiness and weariness with labor are our just punishment, which we must patiently submit to, since they are less than our iniquity deserves. Man's food shall become unpleasant to him. Yet man is not sentenced to eat dust as the serpent,
Only to eat the herb of the field.
3. His life also is but short; considering how full of trouble his days are, it is in favor to him that they are few. Yet death being dreadful to nature, even when life is unpleasant, that concludes the punishment. Sin brought death into the world: if Adam had not sinned, he had not died. He gave way to temptation, but the Savior withstood it. And how admirably the satisfaction of our Lord Jesus, by his death and sufferings, answered the sentence passed on
Our first parents! Did travailing pains come with sin? We read of the travail of Christ's soul, Isaiah 53:11; and the pains of death he was held by, are so called, Acts 2:24. Did subjection come in with sin? Christ was made under the law, Galatians 4:4. Did the curse come in with sin? Christ was made a curse for us; he died a cursed death, Galatians 3:13. Did Thorns come in with sin? He was crowned with thorns for us. Did sweat come in with sin? He sweats for us, as it had been great drops of blood. Did sorrow come in with sin? He was a man of sorrows; his soul was, in his agony, exceeding sorrowful. Did death come in with sin? He became obedient unto death. Thus is the plaster as wide as the wound. Blessed be God for his Son our Lord Jesus Christ. (Genesis 3:20)
:preach:

that sounds like a government want.may i say rubbish.where is the fire springs to mind why are people in such a rush for doom.satan wants you to build this house quick.in a rush old muppet boy.all for nothing.:Di got your number.signed sc:jesus-sign:

;) I am sorry you disagree:D But we can agree to dis agree.
What does it mean you have my number? and Muppet Boy!;)

God Bless You SC:jesus-cross:

it,s a saying for we don,t need to rush.i call satan muppet boy but not you.sorry m8 .it,s only a reference to the words not you.:)

im sorry rick ,i write to the words not the person.i know we can all be used through spirit,thats why we can not judge.sorry m8.:)

No Problems! I will be posting some commentaries tonight that I have had for a while I look forward to your posts. :D

Ultimately, God punished mankind for his trespasses - on the cross.

Isaiah 61:1-2

1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God;

Isaiah 63:1-5

1 Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in his apparel, travelling in the greatness of his strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save. 2 Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel, and thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat? 3 I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment. 4 For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come. 5 And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.

The book of Isaiah is of course very apocalyptic and also very messianic. Can you see Jesus and the cross in this? The vengence of God was poured out on Jesus on the cross.

Back