The REAL Miracles, and Greater Things

Belinda, do you have specific questions about particular topics in mind? It's wonderful that you want to to grow, AND that you want to see it in the Bible. I very much admire that. I wish more people felt that way.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

You've probably seen this, but it still is worthy of mention:

Acts 17:10-11

10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming [thither] went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

That, my friend, is a worthy thing whereby Paul stated that the believers in Berea were "more noble" than the Thessalonian believers, who were all so easily stirred up from having believed false teachers in their midst.

Blessings to you and yours.

MM
Should I do this in another thread? You asked me MM if I had more questions and I do.
When asking for direction either to go one way or the other, and you hear not from the Holy Spirit, is that always, always meeting we need to wait to hear from the Lord? I have challenges in trying to determine if these are my thoughts or what the Lord wants for me through the Holy Spirit.
Should there always be an answer whether it's via a person or song etc?

Should I do this in another thread? You asked me MM if I had more questions and I do.
When asking for direction either to go one way or the other, and you hear not from the Holy Spirit, is that always, always meeting we need to wait to hear from the Lord? I have challenges in trying to determine if these are my thoughts or what the Lord wants for me through the Holy Spirit.
Should there always be an answer whether it's via a person or song etc?

Belinda, this thread is fine. You are a miracle, and greater things are from the Lord.

One thing I've come to learn is that we humans always want some earth-shaking answers to what seem to us to be dilemmas, or difficulties. I know I would rather hear something earth-shaking from the Lord as answers to my problems.

If I may, I'd like to put this out to you for consideration. I'm no sage or prophet of God, but one thing I do know is that the Lord answers through so many possible ways that none of us could name them all. How do we know if what we think we're hearing is from the Lord? The first line acid test is scripture. The Lord will never direct us to do anything that compromises or contradicts His word. I'm sure you already knew this.

Secondly, Holy Spirit will indeed let you know, without a doubt, His will for you. It may be through various steps, one after another, leading to that ultimate answer, or it may be sudden and out of your control. You have brothers and sisters here who will stand with you, no matter what.

All this may sound ethereal and really out there so far that it's very unsatisfying. I fully understand that too. Been there, done that. But, Belinda, I'm likely preaching to the choir here, but there is much good that comes from waiting upon the Lord, and trusting (and that's the key), trusting the Lord to show you His perfect will for you. Be prepared to get something from the Lord that you may not have been expecting nor wanted, but trust the Lord that He will lead you to the best answer in His own time, and for what's best for you. Waiting is sooooooo HARD at times. Again, I'm preaching to the choir, but like I said, you have a family here who will stand with you, and stand in the gap for you if need be.

Sometimes the Lord needs time to prepare others who may be involved in the answers we seek. If that's the case here, then wait patiently, and you will have no doubts in your heart and mind as to if it's from the Lord. Launch out into your own perception of an answer, and failure is likely the end awaiting you. If what we do originates from the Lord, He will always see it through. When it originates with us, the Lord may very well let us fail on the basis of our own power and efforts.

Pray unto the Lord now, and pour out your heart to Him, confessing your willingness to wait upon Him, and keep petitioning Him, day after day, and He will answer you.

Luke 18:1-8

1 And he spake a parable unto them [to this end], that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; 2 Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: 3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. 4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; 5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. 6 And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. 7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? 8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

I know not what your prayer is to the Lord, but the above can apply to whatever the situation is for you. If the unjust judge will do for her what she asks, then how much more the Lord for His own elect? Isn't that a wonderful promise, from the totality of the word of God?

What a wonderful Lord we serve.

MM

Belinda, this thread is fine. You are a miracle, and greater things are from the Lord.

One thing I've come to learn is that we humans always want some earth-shaking answers to what seem to us to be dilemmas, or difficulties. I know I would rather hear something earth-shaking from the Lord as answers to my problems.

If I may, I'd like to put this out to you for consideration. I'm no sage or prophet of God, but one thing I do know is that the Lord answers through so many possible ways that none of us could name them all. How do we know if what we think we're hearing is from the Lord? The first line acid test is scripture. The Lord will never direct us to do anything that compromises or contradicts His word. I'm sure you already knew this.

Secondly, Holy Spirit will indeed let you know, without a doubt, His will for you. It may be through various steps, one after another, leading to that ultimate answer, or it may be sudden and out of your control. You have brothers and sisters here who will stand with you, no matter what.

All this may sound ethereal and really out there so far that it's very unsatisfying. I fully understand that too. Been there, done that. But, Belinda, I'm likely preaching to the choir here, but there is much good that comes from waiting upon the Lord, and trusting (and that's the key), trusting the Lord to show you His perfect will for you. Be prepared to get something from the Lord that you may not have been expecting nor wanted, but trust the Lord that He will lead you to the best answer in His own time, and for what's best for you. Waiting is sooooooo HARD at times. Again, I'm preaching to the choir, but like I said, you have a family here who will stand with you, and stand in the gap for you if need be.

Sometimes the Lord needs time to prepare others who may be involved in the answers we seek. If that's the case here, then wait patiently, and you will have no doubts in your heart and mind as to if it's from the Lord. Launch out into your own perception of an answer, and failure is likely the end awaiting you. If what we do originates from the Lord, He will always see it through. When it originates with us, the Lord may very well let us fail on the basis of our own power and efforts.

Pray unto the Lord now, and pour out your heart to Him, confessing your willingness to wait upon Him, and keep petitioning Him, day after day, and He will answer you.

Luke 18:1-8

1 And he spake a parable unto them [to this end], that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; 2 Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: 3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. 4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; 5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. 6 And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. 7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? 8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

I know not what your prayer is to the Lord, but the above can apply to whatever the situation is for you. If the unjust judge will do for her what she asks, then how much more the Lord for His own elect? Isn't that a wonderful promise, from the totality of the word of God?

What a wonderful Lord we serve.

MM
Thanks very much, MM. I will take this into my heart and pray as you mention to wait on whatever God's will is for me regarding question.concerns I have. Belinda

Thanks very much, MM. I will take this into my heart and pray as you mention to wait on whatever God's will is for me regarding question.concerns I have. Belinda

Belindab, God always answers prayers. He just does not do it on OUR timetable.

He answers prayers YES......NO.......and LATER!

Also, God speaks to our conscious mind and because the law of God is written upon our center of thinking (Heart).....most of the time we already know the answer we are waiting on God to give us.

Example.....We would like to have another car. We have one and it is paid and we really can not afford another new payment but the old one has a few problems so we pray to God about what to do.

BUT......we already know the answer. We can not afford another car payment. Fix the old one and love it!

Most.....not ALL but most of life is like that if we just stop and think.

Back