The Restoration of All Things.

PRIEST

`Thus says the Lord God: “You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering: the sardius, topaz, and diamond, beryl, onyx and jasper, sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes were prepared for you on the day you were created.”

“You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; you were on the holy mountain of God; you walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones. You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, till iniquity was found in you.” (Ezekiel 28: 12 – 15)
As with the Isaiah 14 text, some of the descriptions in Ezekiel 28:11–19 go beyond any mere human king.

It does not seem to me that an earthly king claim to be “in Eden” or to be “the anointed cherub who covers” or to be “on the holy mountain of God.”

Therefore, most Bible interpreters believe that Ezekiel 28:11–19 is a dual prophecy, comparing the pride of the king of Tyre to the pride of Satan. Then when we do a little more in depth study using context, we see that some propose that the king of Tyre was actually possessed by Satan, making the link between the two even more powerful and applicable.

Now, again as we dig deeper we see that the Protestant Reformers Luther and Calvin acknowledged that Lucifer was not a priest in heaven.

Luther wrote: 12. "How you are fallen from heaven, Lucifer! This is not said of the angel who once was thrown out of heaven but of the king of Babylon, and it is figurative language."

Marylin, as far as I can determine, the Bible teaches us that Lucifer was a "guardian" in heaven. Before God cast him out, he was serving the most high God. As a Cherub, he had a high rank and an important role, but with a careful reading of the text we can clearly see that the words "PRIEST " is not there or is it even suggested. WHY!!!!

Hebrews 4:14.......
"Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession."

IF...IF Lucifer was ever a King Priest in heaven, before he fell because of sin, then Christ.....THE CREATOR of Lucifer would then become God the Fathers Second choice as the great Priest King of heaven!

Think about it my dear sister!

With all christian love and respect.

Back