The Serpent's Lie....

Of every tree of the garden we may FREELY “eat”…..

Genesis 2:15-17 KJV
(15) And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
(16) And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat
:

….for there is NO LAW against the eating of the “fruit” of the Spirit: love, joy peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, FAITH, meekness, and temperance.

Galatians 5:22-25 KJV
(22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
(23) Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
(24) And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

If we live in the Spirit, we are to also WALK in the Spirit.

(25) If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

It is the Spirit that “waters” the garden…

Genesis 2:10 KJV
(10) And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

Out of the belly shall flow “rivers” of LIVING WATER….the SPIRIT. But we have to hear His voice in the Spirit and believe and GLORIFY HIM as Lord over our own thoughts and ways. His authority rules over our own thoughts and ways as He opens up the Scriptures to our understanding. The imaginations of men are cast down as we hear His interpretation of the Scriptures. We are to humble ourselves in the “sight” of the Lord…..at the hearing of His knowledge.

John 7:
(37) In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
(38) He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
(39) (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Some will hear His voice today and GLORIFY HIM: “This is the Christ”…the Anointed of God.

Some will doubt and not glorify Him because of their unbelief in what they will hear….and so there will be a division among the people because of Him. This is all to be repeated TODAY as some of His people will hear in faith and glorify Him and yet others will hear and not believe and disesteem what is said and make their judgments.

(40) Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.
(41) Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?
(42) Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?
(43) So there was a division among the people because of him.

Rich men ….leaders of the church….who have been made overseers to FEED the church (but only feed themselves) which He has purchased with His own blood ….shall hear His voice today. Their initial response shall be lukewarm toward what they will hear.

But they are to be rebuked and chastened by Him for their lukewarmness: they know NOT that they are “wretched, miserable, poor and NAKED”. They have to be told that they are these things by Him because they know it NOT. They suppose that gain is godliness for they say that they are rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing.

Revelation 3:14-22 KJV
(14) And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

They will hear His voice but their works shall be “lukewarm” towards what they will hear….neither “cold” or “hot”.

(15) I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
(16) So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

They will hear the words of our Lord but will not do them….for they will think that they have need of nothing. With their mouth they show much love, but their hearts go only after their covetousness… “I am rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing…” being LUKEWARM.

Ezekiel 33:30-33 KJV
(30) Also, thou son of man, the children of thy people still are talking against thee by the walls and in the doors of the houses, and speak one to another, every one to his brother, saying, Come, I pray you, and hear what is the word that cometh forth from the LORD.
(31) And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness.
(32) And, lo, thou art unto them as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument: for they hear thy words, but they do them not.
(33) And when this cometh to pass, (lo, it will come,) then shall they know that a prophet hath been among them.

They will hear His words but NOT DO THEM….for their hearts will go after their covetousness…and so the Lord will REBUKE and CHASTEN them by telling them that they are “wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked” in order to evoke a favorable response: be zealous and repent.

Revelation 3:
(17) Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

They are counseled to hear and BELIEVE His words of rebuke and chastening. The “gold tried in fire” is FAITH so that they may be truly “rich” in FAITH and be clothed in righteousness….not contesting…contradicting…opposing what they will hear in their unbelief. The response (hot or cold) will come from those who will be initially lukewarm at the hearing of the Truth.

(18) I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

“Gold tried in fire” is our FAITH that will be tested (as we are rebuked and chastened by Him) in what we will hear….so that we may be rich…being found unto praise and honor and glory at the DISCLOSURE of Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 1:6-7 KJV
(6) Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
(7) That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

We are to be zealous and repent…change our minds…and not despise the chastening of the Lord nor faint when we are rebuked of Him.

Revelation 3:
(19) As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

We are to hear His voice and “open the door” of our hearts….

(20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

…we are to OVERCOME…..and DO HIS WILL: have LOVE and do not despise His chastening...His rebuke. Be zealous and repent....change the mind about these things.

(21) To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
(22) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches

We are to HEAR HIS VOICE…His rebuke of us.

As it says in Genesis 3:11…..Who told you that you were “naked”?

Our Lord Jesus does in Revelation 3: “…. and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked”.

We are to hear and REPENT and not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil….speaking evil of a brother who will tell you the Truth and thinking that you are blessing God for doing so. Let brotherly love continue as we hear His VOICE in the garden.

Genesis 3:10-11 KJV
(10) And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
(11) And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

For when the Lord speaks to us, there is no more sacrifice for willful sins….continuing to speak evil of another who will preach His words.

John 15:22-23 KJV
(22) If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
(23) He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

We can not speak evil of those who will preach His words of life and spirit and hide behind “Lord, Lord” for doing evil things. We can not eat of that “tree” of the knowledge of good AND evil….blessing God while with the same mouth curse men. Every tree that brings not forth good fruit is “hewn down” and cast into the fire.

Matthew 7:17-25 KJV
(17) Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
(18) A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
(19)
Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
(20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

We can not with the same mouth say unto Him “Lord, Lord” and NOT DO the will of His Father which is in heaven.

(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Out of the same mouth they will say “Lord, Lord” while they will cast out the names of those who will preach the Truth to them as evil….calling them “devils”. We can not out of the same mouth bless God and curse men who are made in His image. This is the eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They will think that they are doing God “service” by doing all of these so-called “wonderful works” supposing that they do them in His “name” or authority.

(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

These are not “wonderful works” but works of iniquity.

(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
(24) Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

We are to overcome our own thoughts and ways when the Truth shall be spoken in our ears. It will beat upon us as our faith shall be tested but we are to overcome and DO HIS WILL: let brotherly love continue.

(25) And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

They will say “Lord, Lord” as they think that they will be doing Him service by “killing” you with their evil speaking. They will cast out your name as evil…thinking that they are doing “wonderful works” in His authority.

John 16:1-3 KJV
(1) These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
(2) They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

They will consider these things as "wonderful works"in the name of the Lord but the Lord will profess to them that "I never knew you..."

(3) And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

Religious-sounding men shall hate you and separate you from their company and shall reproach you and cast out your name as evil for the Son of man’s sake…..and all the while calling these things “wonderful works” for they will do it supposedly in the name of God.

Luke 6:22-24 KJV
(22) Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
(23) Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
(24) But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.

Outside are those who will practice the lie.

“Ye shall not surely die” = literally “dying, you shall not die”. By “killing” another with evil speaking, you shall have “peace and safety”. “For God doth know…” meaning that they will think that they are doing God service when they will speak evil of you. They will think that they are blessing God for doing so. They see themselves shall be as “gods”….that is, JUDGES…knowing what is good and evil as they will act as JUDGE, JURY and executioner against you as they will speak evil of you….judging you as an “evil doer”.

Genesis 3:4-7 KJV
(4) And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

They think that they will be doing God "service"....for "God doth know...."

(5) For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
(6) And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

We can not cover ourselves by saying “Lord, Lord”….and saying “are not these wonderful works that we do in your name”….your authority.

(7) And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

The shame of our nakedness shall appear when we use our mouths for evil speaking. He that speaks evil of his brother JUDGES and speaks evil of the law of Christ: to have love for one another. We are not as “gods”… elohim…JUDGES… by doing these things supposedly in His name…in His authority. There is only ONE LAWGIVER…ONE JUDGE. We are not as “gods” by doing evil works: judging others with evil speaking and yet think that we are blessing God for doing so. These are NOT “wonderful works” but works of iniquity. We are not above the law.

James 4:11-12 KJV
(11) Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
(12) There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

The man and his wife had not “shamed” themselves…for they had not eaten of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil yet….that is, speaking evil of another supposing that one does so in the authority of God.

Genesis 2:25 KJV
(25) And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Don’t let the SHAME appear by speaking evil of another. We are to overcome the desire to be seen as wise and speak evil of a brother out of a heart full of envy and strife…partaking of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. We are to cloth ourselves by putting on the Lord Jesus by doing His words: have love for another.

Revelation 3:

(18) I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Back