the servants badge

We do not do it!

You are correct and It does NOT have anything to do with salvation and it has everything to do with humility.

There is not one single direction in Scripture to do this ritual and therefore there is nothing said that men should only done men and women women.

Then is should be remembered that the people of 2000 years ago did not have shoes and socks. Sandals were the normal footwear and as such people always had dirty feet. We do not have that concern today to deal with.

It was a custom in those dats to great people with a holy kiss. We do not do that today but instead shake hands.

In 1 Corinthians 11:5,6 it des-cribes a woman having her head covered in public, as it was the custom to do so. If her head was not covered, she was considered a prostitute. Do all the women today wear hats????
its been good up to this point i will state again if someone does not want or believe in it so be it. that is there God given rights i do not nor have i ever told anyone how to believe . i have great issues with demons who separate because one is not there flavor..

the Big problem is we have such carnal minds a holy kiss say on the neck of another man.. would result in a fight if not careful . reason is the world has bombed us with the gay life style that if the Holy Kiss was done we would think it was a come on.
years ago i worked with a man who attended a Mennonite funeral.. he told me they the men greeted with a holy kiss . Btw i have given another bro in the lord a holy Hug. . i am NOT going to get into gnat straining i do not advocate closed common i am all for open services . nor do i go for this if your not my flavor you cant teach or do any other things in the church .than just attend...
i hope you understand my point. so often we make it about us. instead of HIM

We do not do it!

You are correct and It does NOT have anything to do with salvation and it has everything to do with humility.
There is not one single direction in Scripture to do this ritual and therefore there is nothing said that men should only done men and women women.
Then is should be remembered that the people of 2000 years ago did not have shoes and socks. Sandals were the normal footwear and as such people always had dirty feet. We do not have that concern today to deal with.
It was a custom in those dats to great people with a holy kiss. We do not do that today but instead shake hands. In 1 Corinthians 11:5,6 it des-cribes a woman having her head covered in public, as it was the custom to do so. If her head was not covered, she was considered a prostitute. Do all the women today wear hats????

we will just have to disagree on that

its been good up to this point i will state again if someone does not want or believe in it so be it. that is there God given rights i do not nor have i ever told anyone how to believe . i have great issues with demons who separate because one is not there flavor..
the Big problem is we have such carnal minds a holy kiss say on the neck of another man.. would result in a fight if not careful . reason is the world has bombed us with the gay life style that if the Holy Kiss was done we would think it was a come on.
years ago i worked with a man who attended a Mennonite funeral.. he told me they the men greeted with a holy kiss . Btw i have given another bro in the lord a holy Hug. . i am NOT going to get into gnat straining i do not advocate closed common i am all for open services . nor do i go for this if your not my flavor you cant teach or do any other things in the church .than just attend...
i hope you understand my point. so often we make it about us. instead of HIM

Pastors,

We just agreed that there is no Scripture in the Bible that "commands" foot washing. Jesus was "teaching" His disciples a humbling, servant's attitude. Reference Matthew 26:14-39, John 13:1-17, and Luke 22:24-27's teaching on the application of "a leader being a servant, first"

I mentioned that my former Pastors taught foot washings during Resurrection week or when we attended men and women's leadership retreats. It's not in the rule book! But these were my Pastor's prompting of the Holy Spirit, to teach his church family the experience of being humbled, as we understood what Jesus was teaching the disciples during the Last Supper.

Major, there is nothing in Scripture where Jesus mentions men wash men's feet and women wash women's, as you posted. As a Pastor, my church family did separate the men and the women and found this was comfortable for them, they felt it was appropriate and everyone agreed. The bigger picture was, what was learned?

forgiven61, we know the experience of foot washing is not carnal as you keep pointing out and there is no need for the option whether "we believe it or not." We always encourage and point to the belief to One Way.

If your church family chooses whether or not to participate in foot washing, then it clearly has to be God's guidance for you, as a Pastor. But with each example that we as Pastors lead in faithful adherence, are we bringing glory to Christ's church?

God bless you, Pastors and your families.

Last edited:
are we bringing glory to Christ's church?
THE ONLY WAY TO BRING GLORY TO Christ church is through the holy spirit. when i administer communion i chose thanksgiving time .what abettor time to reflect thanksgiving by doing in remembrance of him. i stress the sacredness of it i like what what wrote what ever ye do

Colossians 3:23-24

King James Version

23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. we pick a chose our glory. i heard a young man preach on the sounds of the trumpet and what each one meant he even had the sounds .
he started off saying he loves orchestra music how he loves the percussion section .but then he stopped and said but we cant have those ungodlily drums in church? yet we have a piano we have guitars they all' are used outside the Church. . at this particular church the pastor does not allow accompany music in case the drum might be in it. this is why i saw to each there own.
i by far want my beliefs the only way. a sign in another church reads if everyone in this church was just like me. what kind of church would this church be..

THE ONLY WAY TO BRING GLORY TO Christ church is through the holy spirit. when i administer communion i chose thanksgiving time .what abettor time to reflect thanksgiving by doing in remembrance of him. i stress the sacredness of it i like what what wrote what ever ye do

Colossians 3:23-24​

King James Version​

23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. we pick a chose our glory. i heard a young man preach on the sounds of the trumpet and what each one meant he even had the sounds .
he started off saying he loves orchestra music how he loves the percussion section .but then he stopped and said but we cant have those ungodlily drums in church? yet we have a piano we have guitars they all' are used outside the Church. . at this particular church the pastor does not allow accompany music in case the drum might be in it. this is why i saw to each there own.
i by far want my beliefs the only way. a sign in another church reads if everyone in this church was just like me. what kind of church would this church be..
Technically, the Bible says when you come together (I Cor. 11:33) so if we get literal about commands it should be done at every meeting.

Colossians 3:23-24​

King James Version​

23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;​

Thank you for allowing me to share, Pastor. I'm also praying for the new directions the Lord is leading you.

We are blessed by your fellowship,
forgiven61, as well as Pastor Major.

Thank you for allowing me to share, Pastor. I'm also praying for the new directions the Lord is leading you.

We are blessed by your fellowship,
forgiven61, as well as Pastor Major.
its all good i have worshiped in all kinds denomination churches.. some i enjoyed some i didn't get much out of. i was raised U.M.C saved in a baptist church.. i do try to respect each and all granted there are some i will not have anything to do with *** 'two denominations'.

(***staff edit to remove the two specific denominations mentioned, regarding Forum Rule 3.1 .)

Back