The Simplest Way To Be A Christian - Part 1

hey guys, I made a video on my thoughts of the second part of Matthew 3. Would Love to hear your thoughts and feedback

Moderator's note:

MEDIA TEMPORARILY REMOVED PENDING EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose the axe represents, Gods rebuke, and God not answering prayers. God will not answer prayer, if we do not pray for good things, or things that glorify Him. It also means that we must produce fruits for God. If we believe but do absolutely nothing for God, not even support his work in meaningful ways. Then we would end in hell. John the baptist was not talking to everyone but just believers. I also agree with what you said. Sin is also a catalyst for God taking us away from him. I guess we should keep a repentant heart, always. We do not have to build Gods kingdom, but at least refine it, if not building it. Like you are doing in your video. Some Spiritual Gifts from The Holy Spirit are refinement Gifts and other Gifts are for building.

hey guys, I made a video on my thoughts of the second part of Matthew 3. Would Love to hear your thoughts and feedback

MEDIA TEMPORARILY REMOVED

I appreciate the time it took for you to do this. It show dedication and love.

May I say that the "SIMPLIST" way to be a Christian is to say.....
."God I am a sinner. I believe that you gave your Son Jesus to pay for my sins. I now accept Him as my Saviour".

ALL the rest of what you said comes after that confession because none of it it required until the confession is made.
All the rest is what we learn by reading and studying the Scriptures.

Another thing I would point out to you is that the Kingdom of Heaven" means the rule of Christ of the heavens over the earth.

When John said the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand, he was saying that the kingdom of heaven is present in the person of Christ the King.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose the axe represents, Gods rebuke, and God not answering prayers. God will not answer prayer, if we do not pray for good things, or things that glorify Him. It also means that we must produce fruits for God. If we believe but do absolutely nothing for God, not even support his work in meaningful ways. Then we would end in hell. John the baptist was not talking to everyone but just believers. I also agree with what you said. Sin is also a catalyst for God taking us away from him. I guess we should keep a repentant heart, always. We do not have to build Gods kingdom, but at least refine it, if not building it. Like you are doing in your video. Some Spiritual Gifts from The Holy Spirit are refinement Gifts and other Gifts are for building.

Matthew 3:7 says.........
"But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?"

Those were NOT believers! They were the ones who wanted to kill Him.

Matthew 3:10..........
"Even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire."

Fruit bearing!!! Fruit bearing comes AFTER salvation and is NOT part of the salvation experience. It is a by-product of salvation.

One who claims Christ but does not produce good works is actually a make believer.

love said walk

First of all, I would like to say I think it's great that you are making an effort to discuss the word of God with people via youtube video. Thank you for taking the time, thought, and consideration to do so.

As for the video itself, I appreciate that you have been thoughtful and caring enough to not only share it with us, but to also ask for feedback.

In response to your request for feedback, I would like to make the following point.

In the video at timestamp 2:59 you very briefly display a depiction of sin. This image is very sensual in nature. Such an image is:
1. Not necessary to make or emphasize your point.
2. Will very likely serve as a stumbling block to those who may be weaker in such an area as the image represents.
3. Some people who might otherwise share your video may decide not to because of such a somewhat graphic image.
====================

Note:
The moderators have also reviewed the video, and due to the image it contains, it has been determined that it must be removed at this time.

Many people have great difficulty overcoming temptations, and such an image is not appropriate to be included on CFS... where we try to maintain a "family-friendly", and safe environment.

==================
Mission

The Christian Forum Site exists for the following reasons:

1. To provide a friendly place for believers to discuss Biblical, theological and social issues in a rational manner.
2. To promote and support mutual spiritual growth and biblical learning among forum Users.
3. To provide a place of fellowship and prayer for believers.
4. But, most importantly to Glorify our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Rule 3.1 Members may not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, demeaning, threatening, or insulting to any person or group; repeated in many posting areas (spam); or otherwise violates any laws. Such posts will be deleted and the Member warned or banned.
======================

Unfortunately at this time the video will need to be removed. If you choose to edit the video, or maybe create another version that is edited, then you may share it.

Please understand, even if the image was not a sensual type of image, depicting ANY sinful activity/behavior may be just the push to cause a brother or sister to stumble. Again, we appreciate the effort you put forth, and value your contributions and fellowship.

God bless.

love said walk

First of all, I would like to say I think it's great that you are making an effort to discuss the word of God with people via youtube video. Thank you for taking the time, thought, and consideration to do so.

As for the video itself, I appreciate that you have been thoughtful and caring enough to not only share it with us, but to also ask for feedback.

In response to your request for feedback, I would like to make the following point.

AtomicSnowflake I deeply apoligise
I honestly prayed over it, and honest believed it would help make a point...my point was brief pleasures lead to death

however I understand my intention my not be the same as other people's perceptions and for that I apologize
I am dyslexic so I struggle to share my pov through words as many awesome people here do

I swear my intention was to do something to aid people in the body...to think That I could have made something that would be a stumbling block...I am deeply apologetic

I will endeavor to never cause such a problem again

thanking you Sal​

In the video at timestamp 2:59 you very briefly display a depiction of sin. This image is very sensual in nature. Such an image is:
1. Not necessary to make or emphasize your point.
2. Will very likely serve as a stumbling block to those who may be weaker in such an area as the image represents.
3. Some people who might otherwise share your video may decide not to because of such a somewhat graphic image.
====================

Note:
The moderators have also reviewed the video, and due to the image it contains, it has been determined that it must be removed at this time.

Many people have great difficulty overcoming temptations, and such an image is not appropriate to be included on CFS... where we try to maintain a "family-friendly", and safe environment.

==================

======================

Unfortunately at this time the video will need to be removed. If you choose to edit the video, or maybe create another version that is edited, then you may share it.

Please understand, even if the image was not a sensual type of image, depicting ANY sinful activity/behavior may be just the push to cause a brother or sister to stumble. Again, we appreciate the effort you put forth, and value your contributions and fellowship.

God bless.

Matthew 3:7 says.........
"But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?"

Those were NOT believers! They were the ones who wanted to kill Him.

Matthew 3:10..........
"Even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire."

Fruit bearing!!! Fruit bearing comes AFTER salvation and is NOT part of the salvation experience. It is a by-product of salvation.

One who claims Christ but does not produce good works is actually a make believer.
Thank you so much for what you have written
you have made some excellent points

I agree with your point about the pharisses, about I do believe it was also for us, in that Jesus used the pharaisses as a sign post of who we should not be

I really value what you wrote here

God will not answer prayer, if we do not pray for good things, or things that glorify Him. It also means that we must produce fruits for God. If we believe but do absolutely nothing for God, not even support his work in meaningful ways. Then we would end in hell.

those words are really ministering to me for where I am in my life right now :)

". God will not answer prayer, if we do not pray for good things, or things that glorify Him. It also means that we must produce fruits for God. If we believe but do absolutely nothing for God, not even support his work in meaningful ways. "

I deeply value your words, and I love that sentence esspecially...It is really speaking to me for where I am in my life

thank you so much Prycejosh1987

Thank you so much for what you have written
you have made some excellent points

I agree with your point about the pharisses, about I do believe it was also for us, in that Jesus used the pharaisses as a sign post of who we should not be

I really value what you wrote here

God will not answer prayer, if we do not pray for good things, or things that glorify Him. It also means that we must produce fruits for God. If we believe but do absolutely nothing for God, not even support his work in meaningful ways. Then we would end in hell.

those words are really ministering to me for where I am in my life right now :)

It is always helpful when studying the Scriptures to consider CONTEXT, who a certain Scripture was written to and why.

May I caution you about thinking that "works" MUST be done in order to be saved.

I understand what you are saying but think about those elderly people who in their last days or on a death bed are unable to do good works.
Think about the people who were saved before a battle in war and then died in that battle the next day.
Think about the person who accepts Christ today, then before they can do anything good or be baptized they die in a car wreak.

Good works do not save us and they do not keep us saved. They do tend to show others that we have changed and we have a desire to now please God but............there are circumstances and situations that must be considered.

I had a friend who accepted Christ three days before she died, she was living the party lifestyle and went missing from the last party she went to. Her sister said as much to me. But her death brought about a greater work than what she was able to do had she lived - she refused to stay at this party where guys were harassing her and rung the police and everything.

So I would say nothing is impossible for God. He can still use you to do a good work from where you are at. Even if on your deathbed (or whatever location) or you are pinned on the cross you can testify to others about His goodness.

Back