The sin of Sodom according to Jesus

U

Unregistered

The sin of Sodom according to Jesus

"Look! this was the error of your sister, Sodom: pride, adequate bread, and an abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters; nor did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty and committed detestable things before me; therefore I took them away as I saw good." --(Ezekiel 16:49-50).

Did it mention gays?

Gen 13:13 But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly.

Gen 18:20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;

Sin is sin and death is death. Christ can deliver anyone who is willing to have their life totally changed.
He never condemns even one for struggling for sin.
He never accepted even one who refused to be loosed from his sin.

The fact that they wanted to rape the messengers of God may be a clue. They indeed lived sinful lives- repentance was far from their hearts- proud of their detestable (in God's eye) lifestyle they cared not what He thought.

"And they were haughty and committed detestable things before me.."
While not singling out homosexuality in the verse you quoted, we are able to see from the two verses from Genesis 19(the chapter in which you will find the details of the destruction of Sodom and it's neighoring cities)I have quoted below, that homosexuality had permiated the entire city.
"4.Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them." -GENESIS 19:4-5(NIV)
"4But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:
5And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know* them"-GENESIS 19:4-5 (KJV)
(-*emphasis mine. I included the following verses in the same chapter to give context to the word "know" in this instance)
"6And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,

7And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly. 8Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof"-GENESIS 19:6-8
Brother Larry is correct(as usual);) , that homosexuality was not the only problem with Sodom, as is evidenced by the dialogue between Abraham and the Lord in Genesis 18:16-33. Sin in general had so infected the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah that God saw their complete destruction as the only remedy.

Back