The Sin of Unbelief

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Feb 7, 2015
God reservoir? Huh?
I had said people use Jesus name in vain as a cuss word.

Just like God - Reservoir
What's another name for a reservoir that would make using Gods name in vain as a cuss word?

Whats so special about Jesus. Why not cuss with buddhas name?
Why would the devil want you to use any other name in such a dishonoring way?

Amens/Likes: Major and Cturtle
Sep 3, 2009
Florida
Is it brother Major or major Brother (I'm confused)!

Copied out of one of my tracts ...

We’re talking about obedience to Jesus’ teachings and commands!
Continuing obedience is what “being faithful” means!
Paul wrote Ephesians and Colossians ONLY to "the faithful".

“And to whom was God speaking when he took an oath that they would never enter His rest?
Wasn’t it the people who disobeyed him?
So we see that because of their unbelief they were not able to enter his rest …
so we ought to tremble with fear that some of you might fail to experience it …
IF we disobey God … we will fall.” (Hebrews 3:18 - 4:11)

Disobedience proves Unbelief --- Unbelief causes Disobedience

“… only we who believe can enter His rest …
but those who first heard this good news failed to enter
because they disobeyed God.” (Hebrews 4:3, 7)
Brother Major. Major is my middle name after my Great grand father who was a Major.

Sep 3, 2009
Florida
Brother I am starting to think you just like stirring up strife.

Please refrain from two things.
One clipping a partial statement and then using it as something that was not said.
Such as you did above.
The new testament is full of conditions or instructions in keeping this peace.

Second stop with these childish comments such as the one here.
Now that is what I was going to say but figured I would get reported, so I am glad you said it...……...I agree.

Amens/Likes: Fish Catcher Jim
Sep 3, 2009
Florida
In the NT, there are several verses which say that the BAC will be given God's PEACE.
No mention if he is a faithful BAC, or an obedient BAC, etc. !!!
The simple answer, of course–one which can be supported by an innumerable list of Bible verses–is that the grace of God is unconditional.

In other words, as we can read in Ephesians 2:8-10, the grace of God is not conditional upon any particular works which we do.

Across the page, we find in Ephesians 1:13-14 that the Holy Spirit one receives upon salvation "is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession."

The opportunity for salvation is already out there. Jesus already paid the full price. There are no "conditions." There is no fine print. There is no single sin which, if we committed it, would steal our salvation. There is no single act we must perform after being saved which, if we fail to do it, would rob us of the grace of God.

So, the simple and I believe the most fundamental answer is that the grace of God is unconditional.

However, one can give the opposite answer, depending on exactly what is meant by the question.

First of all, there is the receiving of the grace of God. Obviously, not all people are saved who say that they are saved. Therefore, almost by definition, the grace of God is "conditional."

One condition of the grace of God in receiving it is that we must have faith in God. We must put the full weight of our trust in the saving effect of the blood of Jesus. The only sin that will dam a person's soul to hell is "UNBELIEF".

Amens/Likes: Fish Catcher Jim