The Sins Of Sodom And Gomorrah And Today

We read in Genesis 19 about The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. This is a great story with plenty of typologies, and what happens when Sin rules in the land.

We will start with Lot the nephew of Abraham who left with Abram and SaraI from Ur of the Chaldees. They traveled out of their native land as traveled together. Abram ( Abraham) and Lot had growing flocks, Their herdsmen could not get along, so Abraham made a deal with Lot. He could pick any of the land before his eyes and If he chose the right Abraham would go left and vice versa. The Bible says Lot chose the lush well watered land where Sodom and Gomorrah stood. So Lot and his family and cattle settled there.

Ever hear of the saying: " The grass is not always greener on the other side"? In other words what it seems to be after you arrive there. Now we flash forward to Genesis 18 when The Lord and his Angels appear to Abraham and his wife Sarai ( Sarah). God tells Abraham he is on his way to Destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. Abraham knows his Nephew Lot and Family are in there, so he bargains with the Lord if The Lord finds 50 righteous people in Sodom and Gomorrah would The Lord spare the place..The Lord agrees..and Abraham finally gets down to 10 righteous people would he spare the place? God agrees if he Finds only 10 he will not destroy it. The Angels of God walk into Sodom and Gomorrah meet Lot, and tell him get him and his family out of there God was going to destroy it. Lot then presses the Angels to come in his house and rest and eat. Soon The Homosexual men in Sodom and Gomorrah try to " get to know" The Angels they saw...and Lot offers them instead his Virgin Daughters to do as they would, but leave the Angels alone.
These men would not listen to Lot and tried to break into his home to get to the Angels....The Angels blind all of them, and tell Lot to get his family out of there now....Lot goes and tries to talk his daughters ( never mentions how many) and their husbands to get out now with the other daughters and his wife. The Bible says his Son in Laws would not heed the warning and would not go with him. Their Wives (Lot' s other daughters) must have agreed with their husbands because only two daughters left that night. These were the Virgin daughters Lot offered the Homosexuals. The Angels take Lot, Wife, Two daughters out of the city and tell them Don' t look back...

Lot and his family went to Zoar and when the fire came down from heaven and burnt Sodom and Gomorrah to a crisp, but Lot' s wife disobeyed what the Angels told them not to do...and was turned into a pillar of salt....

So let us compare this to what is taking place in today' s world. We all know God hates Sin, but Loves the sinner. Today Homosexuals have their own agenda to promote their lifestyle by getting laws passed, and now they are protected from even being talked about. They are even trying to have it so if a Church does not want to Marry them on demand they can sue the Church. Let me stop right here and say this:
Ai could care less if Homosexuals or even Heterosexuals live together, or Marry. It is their business. But when a group starts pressing for legislation for special considerations etc Then in your face attitude this is not right. God never created two men or two woman to be lovers or Married partners. This is willful sin no matter how it is presented. In other words you can' t take a pig' s ear and make it a silk purse.

Moving along: The Bible declares there was an abundance of idleness in Sodom and Gomorrah. In other words having more fun doing whatever, and not caring one iota about what the end result would be.
Today, with all the technology in Cell phone, Computers, etc etc we have made " Abundance of Idelness" the theme of today' s society.

Like Lot' s married Daughters and their husbands...People do not fear God or the consequences of their respective lifestyles or their actions in today' s world.

Like Lot' s wife, She was more concerned as a Mother about her Children then obeying what The Angels told all of them not to do.

The Bible clearly tells us to Do God' s will first, the will of your family and we'll meaning friends second.

Jesus himself stated this...Luke 9 v 62
" No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God".

Never look back at your former lifestyle before you were converted. Never desire your former friends who refused to be converted, and you still want to hang out with...for what reason? Find new friends in your Church who share your new life as well.

God is not a compromiser, or someone we can plea bargain with to live with one foot in the faith and the other with the wicked world out there.
Choose One or choose the other. This is hardly ever taught or preached anymore because Church' s are more concerned with big congregations and revenue then concerning themselves of saving souls and telling it straight instead of " Easy Beleivism" so no one gets offended. I submit to you our nation once a Nation that put " In God WeTrust" on it' s currency...trusts the God of Money and pleasures of the flesh over trust in God of creation....Amen

Ezekiel 16:49-50 reads "Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy. 50 Thus they were haughty and committed abominations before Me. Therefore I removed them when I saw it.

Yup, pretty challenging words: God "removed" them when He saw that Sodom had "arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy." Sorry to hear this isn't getting taught in American churches.

Ezekiel 16:49-50 reads "Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy. 50 Thus they were haughty and committed abominations before Me. Therefore I removed them when I saw it.

Yup, pretty challenging words: God "removed" them when He saw that Sodom had "arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy." Sorry to hear this isn't getting taught in American churches.
Very true....We are living in the final era I truly beleive...I never in my life could ever imagined the things we are seeing today....It is coming for sure...Thanks for your thoughts..God Bless

Like Sodom and Gomorrah God is coming back and is going to put the hurt on all those who want to wallow in sin, and who laugh at him, etc.

Romans 1 v 22 " Professing themselves to be wise, they became Fools".

All the Movie, Music, Sports Stars, Those who worship money.and Think about pleasures of the flesh and put God Dead last or not at all, will be getting a rude awakening.

Back