The son of God’s Condition

The son of God’s Condition

John 1:12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God - “Whosoever is born of God doth not sin”, “whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world”, it is apparent that following God requires virtuous living. A living style not suited with sin. People can argue all they want, but the word of God cannot be broken under any circumstance for it can not fail. Luke 16:17) And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.)) The error comes when people try to make it fail. 2 Peter 3:16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do with other scriptures, unto their own destruction.)) And how often do people try to diminish, add on to, or edit the word of God, changing the meaning because they can’t comprehend it. This is why many have a loose interpretation of the bible, lowing the standards and expectations that God has of us. Society has low balled the standard of clean living so much, that ignorance is death. A famine of the word in peoples lives, the pure truth, untainted by man, is the reason why so many are living in delusion, hindered, and kept from salvation.

Matthew 23:13) but woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in)) What Jesus said to them back then applies to this day and age so much. Men preach it, but don’t live it, people hear it, but don’t live it at all. Right before Judas kissed Jesus, he called him Master. Hypocritical, betraying the one you ironically call Master. Many say Christ, but how many are not betraying him like Judas when they live a hypocritical life style. The evidence is stacked in God’s word, speaking on the absence of sin from one’s life, who chooses to follow God. 1 John 3:6) Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.)) Whosoever transgresses has not know him, 2 John 1:9) Whosoever transgresseth, abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ , he hath both the Father and the Son. There is no in-between against the sharpness of these words. People can try, but it only brings confusion to the simple truth in the Bible. Proverbs 4:27) Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.)) Complicating God’s word is why many fail, and will be deceived and deceive others. “harden not your heart”, listen to the simple truth in God’s word primarily and not man, nor your own judgment, it is that simple, God’s word and nothing less to be sanctified, reproved, and corrected unto the path of light to keep your soul alive in a world where morality, ethics, and the way of holiness dwindle and fade away.

1Jn 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

There is no contradiction here. Our inner man (reborn spirit) is :
Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

But our old man of still struggles with sin:

Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Thank God for His mercy given to us through Jesus Christ our Lord.
We are born again of God and now our mind must begin to think in aggrement with God. This is called renweing your mind:
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
We must receive revelation from the Holy Spirit in our spirit and our the very life force of our thoughts (spirit) becomes renewed as we believe the Word of God:
Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
So our spirit is born again created after it's maker, our mind is renewed and our body follows our thoughts- that is our santicfication.

Religion would wrestle with each flaw (exhausting and frustrating) but God changes a man from the inside out.:)

1Jn 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

There is no contradiction here. Our inner man (reborn spirit) is :
Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

But our old man of still struggles with sin:

Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Thank God for His mercy given to us through Jesus Christ our Lord.
We are born again of God and now our mind must begin to think in aggrement with God. This is called renweing your mind:
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
We must receive revelation from the Holy Spirit in our spirit and our the very life force of our thoughts (spirit) becomes renewed as we believe the Word of God:
Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
So our spirit is born again created after it's maker, our mind is renewed and our body follows our thoughts- that is our santicfication.

Religion would wrestle with each flaw (exhausting and frustrating) but God changes a man from the inside out.:)

So, Bo, I read both your messages, and the scripture. I don't want to doubt my salvation, because I know I surrendered my life and am changed. And I am still learning to renew my mind and discovering "sins" I didn't know were sins. It would be so easy to live alone, not to be influenced by my family and my friends. But, they are the ones whose lives need to be freed, so I can't just desert them.

I am beginning to believe that you must surrender every morning or evening and then I want to say, work harder to not slip into sin. But, you've often said works cannot save you. Faith is the hardest thing for someone who is no longer a child! When everyone around you, for instance, is cussing, it so easily comes out of my mouth. I think this is a sin. But, no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to conqer this mouth of mine and keep it quiet. I know staying in the Word has helped a lot in the past, but it is becoming work just to read as much as I used to.

My dh and I are separated again and I have had to take on a second job just to get by. And, man, it's really hard to find time to read without falling asleep after working till midnight. Please pray for me that I will be able to somehow keep renewing my mind and conquer this habit. It seems lately like I have been slipping backwards. I want to go forward.

I get water baptized on sunday at church and I want to make a new start. I miss my time alone with Him !

funny you should bring this subject up,i was on an athiests site and there words were for God,ie words letters.but a christian who was on was fortune telling,mind reading etc with her words.we know we are influenced by spirit,but i don,t think people realise how much.i told the athiest this and what Jesus said about they give me lip service,but there heart is from me.the athiest understood,but the christian got upset.hard place to teach and learn.:eek:

When Christ saves us we are saved, in fact God chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, not according to any works of righteousness, but for good works, that we should WALK IN THEM. We serve a SOVEREIGN GOD; He has mercy on whom He will. When we are regenerated by the Holy Spirit, we are sanctified; set apart, made clean, being washed by the shed blood of Jesus Christ our redeemer for the forgiveness of our sins. We are clothed in garments of salvation, we were washed in the Lambs blood. God works in our life to lead us to our upward call in Christ, a life of God-centered Spirit-led holiness, a life of dying to self and living for God. If God chose us we are His and He loses NOTHING. If we are called while DEAD in our SINS, and pass from death to life, this does not mean we can "lose our salvation" if we sin afterwards. We sin more by what we don't do, than by what we actually do. There are seeds that fall into different soils, the ones that fall into good soils will grow. Don't get me wrong, WE ARE NOT TO SIN, but there is grace and hope, 1 John 2:1. If we sin there are consequences from a loving disciplining Father, but it does not mean we can undo the atonment made by Christ for us if we are His sheep, for His seed abides in us. I know theree are some who would prob. like to do away with grace all together in the name of defending it from sin and liscenciousness. We all deserve to burn in hell for one single sin, but God saved us from that so that we would know Him and have eternal life. He has called us all sinners, and all without excuse. Only God can change a person's heart into good soil. Only God can make seeds grow. We do not hold our salvation in our hands-God does. Thank God! We are saved by His grace, through faith, and that NOT OF OURSELVES it is the gift of God, so that NO ONE may boast. Eph. 2:8-9. To say we do even part of this work, and not Christ alone, ius to pridefully (boasting) take some of the credit. We may as well climb up another way. God did it all. We are SEALED for the day of redemption. We don't see ourselves as made perfect yet, but hope in the Lord for the salvation of our souls. We are to revere God, and to live for righteousness, but it is evident we are justified by faith, it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God without faith, and that faith comes as a gift from God. Those seeking to be justified by the law are under a curse. If we don't have a new relationship with sin, we don't have a new relationship with God. If we haven't been born again we are not saved. If we have been saved, truely saved by God's doing, we can't be un-saved, one can be a seed sown among thorns, and never be saved-even walk away from what little they walked up on, but if Almighty God saves someone and say He will not lose one, (except the son of perdition so that scricptures would be fulfiulled), then it is so. Praise Jesus!

Acts 17:10-11

The brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea, and when they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.

Remember that the Word of God is the ultimate authority, so be sure to read it. The Holy Spirit will glorify Jesus, convict us of our sins, lead us into Truth, bring to remberance the things Jesus has said, we need to read our bibles and spend time with God.

"They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth." John 17:16-17

"Through him we received grace and a commission as an apostle to bring about faithful obedience among all the gentiles for the sake of his name." Romans 1:5

"O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin." Romans 7:24-25

"And hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners." Mark 2:17

"We know that the person who has been born from God does not go on sinning. Rather, the Son of God protects them, and the evil one cannot harm them." 1 John 5:18

Romans 8:34
http://biblecommenter.com/romans/8-34.htm

God bless

It is faith in Christ that saves us and not our accomplishments. But it is also this same faith that spurs us on to good works. Works are the result of salvation and not vice-versa.
Christ's imparted righteousness received by faith is were we receive the precious gift of salvation.
Those habits can indeed crop up but yes we surrender our hearts , believe Christ for and receive power to overcome and walk them out by faith. Being a Christian is not about being perfect but it is about our living relationship with Christ. Jesus (now just as when you got saved) will meet you where you are and make a way. Trials are not unusual in life- we must meet them as an opportunity to trust our Lord and we will overcome.
I am sorry for your troubles and will be praying for you and your husband.

So, Bo, I read both your messages, and the scripture. I don't want to doubt my salvation, because I know I surrendered my life and am changed. And I am still learning to renew my mind and discovering "sins" I didn't know were sins. It would be so easy to live alone, not to be influenced by my family and my friends. But, they are the ones whose lives need to be freed, so I can't just desert them.

I am beginning to believe that you must surrender every morning or evening and then I want to say, work harder to not slip into sin. But, you've often said works cannot save you. Faith is the hardest thing for someone who is no longer a child! When everyone around you, for instance, is cussing, it so easily comes out of my mouth. I think this is a sin. But, no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to conqer this mouth of mine and keep it quiet. I know staying in the Word has helped a lot in the past, but it is becoming work just to read as much as I used to.

My dh and I are separated again and I have had to take on a second job just to get by. And, man, it's really hard to find time to read without falling asleep after working till midnight. Please pray for me that I will be able to somehow keep renewing my mind and conquer this habit. It seems lately like I have been slipping backwards. I want to go forward.

I get water baptized on sunday at church and I want to make a new start. I miss my time alone with Him !

The Response

We are not perfect, but that does not excuse the fact of just how much we should avoid presumptuous sin in our lives, for "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin". Holiness, that is what we are called to. "He who committeth sin is the servant of sin", this is what Christ said himself.

We are not perfect, but that does not excuse the fact of just how much we should avoid presumptuous sin in our lives,
No argument here. But to those who perhaps do not yet understand this in it's entirety presenting only one side of the scriptures on a subject does not give good picture of what the Word declares and can lead to condemnation and guilt which can only serve to separateon farther from God.
for "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin". Holiness, that is what we are called to. "He who committeth sin is the servant of sin", this is what Christ said himself.
This is equally the Word of God:1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
It is never the Father's will for us to sin and yet knowing that we will He has made provision:

1Jn 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

So we are to resist and avoid sin but we also have an Intercessor who paid our price. It is also true that our new spirit or inner man does not sin but until we reckon ourselves dead to this flesh we will continue to struggle.

Back