The Son Of Peace...

Peace be to this “house”…..

Luke 10:5-11 KJV
(5) And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.

….and if the “son of peace” is found in the “house”, then it shall rest upon those who will hear. Like the dove Noah (“Noah” means “rest”) sent out to see if the waters had abated, it shall find a place to rest. There will be no waters of strife and envy upon the heart….for peace shall settle upon the heart. The Spirit shall find a place to rest in the hearts of those who will hear peacefully.

(6) And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.

Those who will receive a disciple as a disciple of the Lord will entertain the “strangers”…..being hospitable. They will give them a “cup of cold water” for a thirsty soul and not the waters of envy and strife…..not sour wine (vinegar) upon the hyssop of the tongue in an evil response.

(7) And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
(8) And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:
(9) And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
(10) But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say,
(11) Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

The Spirit of peace….the “dove”…is sent out to see if the waters of strife have abated from off the face of the ground…..the heart.

Genesis 8:8-12 KJV
(8) Also he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the face of the ground;

If the “son of peace” is found, then the “dove” will find a place to rest in the hearts of those who will receive His disciples. If the son of peace is not found, then the peace that was sent out shall return unto His disciples.

(9) But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.
(10) And he stayed yet other seven days; and again he sent forth the dove out of the ark;
(11) And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.
(12) And he stayed yet other seven days; and sent forth the dove; which returned not again unto him any more.

The earth “BECAME” without form and void. The hearts of men have been darkened as darkness was upon the face of the deep. ALL have turned away….there is none that does good. The Spirit of God “moved”….that is, “flutters” upon the face of the waters like a dove searching for a heart to rest upon.

Genesis 1:1-2 KJV
(1) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
(2) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The “earth” …the hearts of men….have become corrupt. They have done “abominable iniquity”…..living after their covetousness. There is none that does good….the “earth” has become without form and void.

Psalms 53:1-4 KJV
(1) To the chief Musician upon Mahalath, Maschil, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

God looks down from heaven upon the children of men to see if there were ANY that did understand….that truly did seek God. The Spirit of God flutters upon the face of the waters…..seeking a place to rest….a heart to rest in.

(2) God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God.

But the earth had become without form and void….for every one has “gone back”. They are altogether BECOME filthy and there is NONE that does good. No, NOT ONE.

(3) Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

There is NO LIGHT….for the workers of iniquity have no knowledge. The preachers are preaching themselves and not Christ Jesus our Lord.

(4) Have the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread: they have not called upon God.

The earth……it became without form and void and the heavens they have no light. The hearts of men have become darkened and men preach without knowledge. The heavens have no light. There is no understanding. They have not known Him.

Jeremiah 4:22-23 KJV

(22) For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.
(23) I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Darkness is upon the face of the deep……

2 Corinthians 4:3-6 KJV
(3) But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
(4) In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

The heavens have no light……for many preach themselves and not Christ Jesus the Lord and His disciples as servants for Jesus’ sake.

(5) For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

But because of the GRACE of God, He commands the Light to shine out of the darkness. This Light shines in our hearts…..the “earth” that has become without form and void. The Light gives the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

(6) For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

God Himself formed the earth and made it and He established it. He created it NOT IN VAIN.

Isaiah 45:12-19 KJV
(12) I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
(13) I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts.
(14) Thus saith the LORD, The labour of Egypt, and merchandise of Ethiopia and of the Sabeans, men of stature, shall come over unto thee, and they shall be thine: they shall come after thee; in chains they shall come over, and they shall fall down unto thee, they shall make supplication unto thee, saying, Surely God is in thee; and there is none else, there is no God.
(15) Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.
(16) They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.
(17) But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

(18) For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

(19) I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.

Men have BECOME VAIN in their imaginations and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing themselves wise they BECAME fools.

Romans 1:18-23 KJV
(18) For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
(19) Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
(20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

(21) Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

(22) Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
(23) And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

The Spirit of God looks for a heart to rest in….hoping that the waters of envy and strife have abated.

Titus 3:2-11 KJV
(2) To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
(3) For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

God commands the Light to shine in the darkness. The kindness and love of God our Savior appears unto men. By His grace are we saved….and not by the works of our own “righteousness” which we have done but according to His mercy He saves us.

(4) But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
(5) Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
(6) Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
(7) That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
(8) This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
(9) But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
(10) A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
(11) Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

The sons of God shall be manifested like the Son of God was. They will hear what the Spirit is saying….as the Spirit like a dove shall descend upon them and ABIDE upon them. They will give His words of spirit and life a place to rest in their hearts. They will keep His Word.

John 1:31-34 KJV
(31) And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.
(32) And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

(33) And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

(34) And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

The children of God are manifest as they will hear what the Spirit says and will DO His righteousness. The Son of peace shall be found....for peace shall rest upon them.

But the children of the devil will show hatred toward a brother who will preach His words to them. It is that simple. ALL who will behave with envy and strife are not being FOUND in Him. They will resist the Spirit and not have the Spirit of peace rest upon them.

1 John 3:8-13 KJV
(8) He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
(9) Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
(10) In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
(11) For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
(12) Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
(13) Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

Let us not RESIST the Holy Spirit but hear what the Spirit is saying….receiving the Breath of God that speaks the Word of Truth. Where is the place of His rest?

Acts 7:48-51 KJV

(48) Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
(49) Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
(50) Hath not my hand made all these things?
(51) Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Where is the place of His rest? To this is where Jehovah looks: to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit (breath) and trembles at His Word.

Isaiah 66:1-2 KJV
(1) Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
(2) For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Let us be FILLED with what the Spirit is saying and not be “drunk” upon the wine of wrath and being unwise. Our hearts are to sing with joy and being thankful for all things unto God and the Father in the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ. We are to HEAR His Word and tremble and be of a “poor” and of a contrite spirit towards His words of life and spirit.

Ephesians 5:17-20 KJV

(17) Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
(18) And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
(19) Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
(20) Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ
;

God divided the Light from the darkness…..

Genesis 1:1-5 KJV

(1) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
(2) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
(3) And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
(4) And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
(5) And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

...and we are to be the children of Light and the children of the Day. Those who are of the “night”….of the “darkness”…. are asleep as they forget to have brotherly love and will react badly towards what they will hear the Spirit saying. Those who are “drunken” will be drunken upon the wine of their wrath and will forget to let brotherly love continue and behave with poor judgment. They will resist the Holy Spirit that “flutters” upon the face of the waters looking for a heart to rest in…..like a dove looking to rest in a nest. We are to make ROOM for Him in our heart and receive what the Spirit is saying.

1 Thessalonians 5:5-9 KJV

(5) Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
(6) Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
(7) For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
(8) But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
(9) For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

If we hear His voice, we are to open the door and He will come into our hearts and will “sup” with us and us with Him.

Revelation 3:20 KJV
(20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

There was no “room” for Jesus at the “inn”….a word that means “dissolution”. There is no room for Him to be formed in a heart that breaks up what it hears and does not keep His Word. But there was room for Him to be delivered and placed in a “manger”….meaning “a crib to eat”. There is room for Him in a hospitable heart that invites Him in to eat. He looks for a poor and contrite spirit.

Luke 2:6-7 KJV

(6) And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
(7) And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

It is “travail” until Christ be formed in those who have been led astray….having been bewitched… by the commandments and doctrines of men.

Galatians 4:19-20 KJV

(19) My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,
(20) I desire to be present with you now, and to change my voice; for I stand in doubt of you.

We are to believe in our hearts and with the mouth confession is to be made unto salvation. We are to “open the door”….confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus unto salvation. “Jesus is Lord” over our own thoughts and ways….and we are to keep His commandments as we obey the King. Jesus is Lord. We are to glorify God and not men when we hear His voice but confess Jesus is Lord over religious-sounding men’s teachings and commandments.

Romans 10:8-15 KJV

(8) But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
(9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
(10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
(11) For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
(12) For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
(13) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
(14) How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
(15) And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

We are to gird up the loins of our minds when we hear His voice and be “sober”….not drunk with the wine of wrath at what we hear….what is to be reported to us by those that preach the good news unto us with the Holy Spirit sent down from “heaven”….the air where words travel. The Lord looks for those who are of a poor and contrite spirit….not one that is proud and full of wrath.

1 Peter 1:12-16 KJV

(12) Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

(13) Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

We are to be obedient children and not be like the earth that became without form and void when we behaved in envy and strife in our ignorance.

(14) As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
(15) But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
(16) Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Light is come into the world but men love darkness rather than light because their deeds are evil. Everyone who does evil hates the Light and neither will they come to the Light.

John 3:17-21 KJV

(17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
(18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
(19) And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
(20) For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
(21) But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

We are to receive the Spirit which is of God. The Breath speaks the words of Life and is not of man’s words which are dead teachings.

1 Corinthians 2:12-14 KJV

(12) Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
(13) Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

The natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God for they are foolishness unto Him neither can he know them because they are spiritually discerned.

(14) But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Those who are born after the flesh…after man’s will….after man’s doctrines and commandments….will persecute those who are born after the Spirit. It was true since the beginning and is true even now.

Galatians 4:28-29 KJV

(28) Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
(29) But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now

The “heaven” is the air where we hear the Word of God preached in our HEARING. Our hearing is opened to hearing the Word of God.

Genesis 1:6-8 KJV
(6) And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
(7) And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
(8) And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Just like the man who was deaf and had an “impediment” in his speech, the heaven is opened….the HEARING is opened.

Mark 7:32-36 KJV

(32) And they bring unto him one that was deaf, and had an impediment in his speech; and they beseech him to put his hand upon him.

Jesus opens up the heaven….our hearing….so that we may understand the Scriptures. “Spit” = “expansion”…firmament. The waters are divided from the waters as we are taken aside from the multitude to hear His Word correctly and we are raised up together with Him in heavenly places. He expands our hearing with His knowledge and we are raised up together with Him and we can then speak His words in others' hearing correctly.

(33) And he took him aside from the multitude, and put his fingers into his ears, and he spit, and touched his tongue;

Jesus looked up to heaven and said unto him “be opened”. He opens up our understanding to the Scriptures so that we may preach it correctly…so that the “string” of our tongue is loosed and we speak correctly the Word of God.

(34) And looking up to heaven, he sighed, and saith unto him, Ephphatha, that is, Be opened.

Immediately his HEARING was opened. he was then able to publish the good news to all around him.

(35) And straightway his ears were opened, and the string of his tongue was loosed, and he spake plain.
(36) And he charged them that they should tell no man: but the more he charged them, so much the more a great deal they published it;

The heavens SPEAK in our HEARING. There is no SPEECH nor language where their voice is not HEARD. We hear the Word of God spoken correctly in our HEARING and we are to dwell in “heaven” where we hear His voice.

Psalms 19:1-4 KJV

(1) To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
(2) Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
(3) There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
(4) Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun

The “waters” above are those who are raised up together to sit in “heavenly places” in Christ Jesus. The Greek for “heavenly places” is “epouranios” which means “above the sky”. We shall see and speak in one mind and one body in Christ Jesus as we shall rule with Him above all powers and principalities of this world.

Ephesians 2:6 KJV

(6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Christ sits at the right hand of God in the heavenly places….far above all principality, power, might and dominion and every name that is named…..

Ephesians 1:20-21 KJV

(20) Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
(21) Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

We shall sit with Him in His throne…..if we HEAR what the Spirit is saying and OVERCOME.

Revelation 3:20-22 KJV

(20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
(21) To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
(22) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Back