The Strength of Sin

Have you ever wondered where sin get its right to accuse us before God? Here is an amazing scripture that tells us where sin gets it's strength from.

1Co 15:55.. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting? "
1Co 15:56.. For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. (NLT)

The King James Bible says it like this....

1Co 15:56.. The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. (KJV)

Many years ago while meditating upon this scripture the Lord began to show me how Satan was able to come into his presence to accuse us. Satan had every legal right to do so. The Law, which is the Word of God, gives sin it's power, and it's strength to accuse us of being a sinner!!! Think about it, in a court of law there is a prosecuting attorney, and a defending attorney. The prosecuting attorney's whole case is based solely on the laws of the land. He has every legal right to accuse those who have broken the laws of the land, so as to demand condemnation, and punishment. This is why Satan is called the accuser of the brethren!! (Rev 12:10)

The only way to get out from under this condemnation is for the law(s) which we are accused of breaking is to be executed, and punishment to be carried out, which is death. The soul that sinneth must die. (Eze 18:4) The Devil knew this as being our accuser before God, and he knew once man is dead physically, it's all over for that man, for he is forever doomed to death.

How can a man die for being a sinner, and yet still live? This was a great mystery that God kept hidden within himself, and he told no one until after Jesus finished his redeeming work on the cross. We have always been told that Jesus died for us on the cross as he took our place. The punishment that would have came upon us fell on Jesus, and this is true. But there is much more than Jesus dying in our place. Jesus died on the cross that we that were inside him would also die, which would have fulfilled the demands of the law against us, that we must die for being a sinner. How do I know this?

Rom 7:4.. So, my dear brothers and sisters, this is the point: You died to the power of the law when you died with Christ. And now you are united with the One who was raised from the dead. As a result, we can produce a harvest of good deeds for God. (NLT)

Gal 2:20.. My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

There is no such a thing as get out of death free card!!! To have life you first have to die. To get out from under the law and it's death penalty is you must die, which satisfies the laws requirement and punishment for being a sinner.

The Lord God knew from the very beginning, before he even created the world, who the people would be that once they heard the Gospel of their salvation, they would accept it, and believe it. By possessing this knowledge from the creation of the world, God the Father placed them (Christ's Church) in Christ as being Abraham's seed. When Jesus came to this earth he was bearing precious seed within himself.

2Ti 1:8.. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
2Ti 1:9.. Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Notice: We were saved not in a time based world, but according to God's purpose which was given to us IN CHRIST JESUS BEFORE THE WOLD BEGAN!!!

Easter is coming up this week, and thank God that Jesus did not stay dead, but rose from the dead, and guess what? When When God raised up Jesus from the dead he also so raised us also with him!!! How? Because we died with Christ on the cross because we were in him at his death!!!

Gal 2:20.. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:......

Eph 2:4.. But God is so rich in mercy, and He loved us so much,
Eph 2:5.. that even though we were dead because of our sins, He gave us life when He raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God's grace that you have been saved!)
Eph 2:6.. For He raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus. (NLT)

Jesus being known as the last Adam, we were given life because we came from him as being in him from the beginning of the world!! Through the first Adam we became sinners because we are his descendants as being from in him.

1Co 15:21.. For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22.. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

There was no other way for God to save his man. Only God himself could carry out such a wonderful plan from the beginning of the world through his Son Jesus Christ. He is risen!!!, and so are we!!! How cool is that?

Last edited:
Have you ever wondered where sin get its right to accuse us before God? Here is an amazing scripture that tells us where sin gets it's strength from.

1Co 15:55.. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting? "
1Co 15:56.. For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. (NLT)

The King James Bible says it like this....

1Co 15:56.. The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. (KJV)

Many years ago while meditating upon this scripture the Lord began to show me how Satan was able to come into his presence to accuse us. Satan had every legal right to do so. The Law, which is the Word of God, gives sin it's power, and it's strength to accuse us of being a sinner!!! Think about it, in a court of law there is a prosecuting attorney, and a defending attorney. The prosecuting attorney's whole case is based solely on the laws of the land. He has every legal right to accuse those who have broken the laws of the land, so as to demand condemnation, and punishment. This is why Satan is called the accuser of the brethren!! (Rev 12:10)

The only way to get out from under this condemnation is for the law(s) which we are accused of breaking is to be executed, and punishment to be carried out, which is death. The soul that sinneth must die. (Eze 18:4) The Devil knew this as being our accuser before God, and he knew once man is dead physically, it's all over for that man, for he is forever doomed to death.

How can a man die for being a sinner, and yet still live? This was a great mystery that God kept hidden within himself, and he told no one until after Jesus finished his redeeming work on the cross. We have always been told that Jesus died for us on the cross as he took our place. The punishment that would have came upon us fell on Jesus, and this is true. But there is much more than Jesus dying in our place. Jesus died on the cross that we that were inside him would also die, which would have fulfilled the demands of the law against us, that we must die for being a sinner. How do I know this?

Rom 7:4.. So, my dear brothers and sisters, this is the point: You died to the power of the law when you died with Christ. And now you are united with the One who was raised from the dead. As a result, we can produce a harvest of good deeds for God. (NLT)

Gal 2:20.. My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

There is no such a thing as get out of death free card!!! To have life you first have to die. To get out from under the law and it's death penalty is you must die, which satisfies the laws requirement and punishment for being a sinner.

The Lord God knew from the very beginning, before he even created the world, who the people would be that once they heard the Gospel of their salvation, they would accept it, and believe it. By possessing this knowledge from the creation of the world, God the Father placed them (Christ's Church) in Christ as being Abraham's seed. When Jesus came to this earth he was bearing precious seed within himself.

2Ti 1:8.. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
2Ti 1:9.. Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Notice: We were saved not in a time based world, but according to God's purpose which was given to us IN CHRIST JESUS BEFORE THE WOLD BEGAN!!!

Easter is coming up this week, and thank God that Jesus did not stay dead, but rose from the dead, and guess what? When When God raised up Jesus from the dead he also so raised us also with him!!! How? Because we died with Christ on the cross because we were in him at his death!!!

Gal 2:20.. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:......

Eph 2:4.. But God is so rich in mercy, and He loved us so much,
Eph 2:5.. that even though we were dead because of our sins, He gave us life when He raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God's grace that you have been saved!)
Eph 2:6.. For He raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus. (NLT)

Jesus being known as the last Adam, we were given life because we came from him as being in him from the beginning of the world!! Through the first Adam we became sinners because we are his descendants as being from in him.

1Co 15:21.. For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22.. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

There was no other way for God to save his man. Only God himself could carry out such a wonderful plan from the beginning of the world through his Son Jesus Christ. He is risen!!!, and so are we!!! How cool is that?
Love it!

Back