The Struggle with Doubt

The Struggle with Doubt

The Struggle with Doubt
Luke 11:1-13

In addressing those times when our doubts weigh so heavily that we border on losing hope, Kay Arthur offers encouraging words:

"What do you do when you become weary in prayer, despairing of ever seeing God answer? Do you give up? Write God off as being deaf, uncaring, or not true to His Word?

"Oh, Beloved, don’t write God off. Don’t quit. Don’t lose hope. In Luke 11:1-13 Jesus tells us to persist until we see the answer. We are to keep on asking until it’s given to us. We’re to keep on seeking until we find it. We are to keep on knocking until the door is opened. Ask, seek, and knock are all present tense verbs here in the original Greek, which means that they speak of continuous or habitual action. Therefore, if we believe Jesus means what He says, we’ll do what He tells us to do.

"One of the major keys to answered prayer is persistence…

"The problem is, we’re an impatient people. We don’t like to wait. When our prayers are not answered right away, then we’re eager to take things into our own hands and try to do what, in reality, only God can do. And when we get impatient and do it our way, we mess up!

"If there is a delay in the answer, you can be sure it’s because God has a purpose. His ways are not our ways. His timetable is not the same as ours."

?

How long are we to wait? I'm kind of in despair lately. Thats why I joined this forum. I have been praying for years and haven't really seen anything change. I have been praying for a spouse and nothing. I'm tired of being alone and lonely. I'm tired of feeling its me against the world while everyone around me is happily married. I just turned 32, I live with my mother, and I'm really down lately. The Holidays coming are just going to make it worse. I'm afraid.

I want to build a home with a loving family for myself but no spouse. Not even anyone of interest. There's just nothing there.... I believe God is going to restore me although I'm not sure if this means he's going to give me the spouse I have been asking for. It's not easy being a single mother with no help whatsoever. I feel like giving up. I feel angry too. I even feel like maybe I'm not worthy of love. Not God's love but love here on earth. I don't even have any real friends.

Maybe I could just use some prayers to at least keep my head up.

Penny,

I know it's hard to wait, be encouraged, God is watching over you and will answer your prayers in his good timing. Trust in him, he will never leave you or forsake you.

Don't feel unloved, we love you here and you are among friends.

Penny,

I know it's hard to wait, be encouraged, God is watching over you and will answer your prayers in his good timing. Trust in him, he will never leave you or forsake you.

Don't feel unloved, we love you here and you are among friends.

Sometimes I just feel taunted by past betrayals as if its never going to happen because everyone in my past betrayed me at one point or another. I was gullible and was taken advantage of because of my kind heart. I just sometimes wonder if there any truly good people left in this world... I guess this forum is proof, right?

Yes, there are good people and God will find one just for you, with a beautiful, kind heart like yours. May God bless you with peace and hope.

How long are we to wait? I'm kind of in despair lately. Thats why I joined this forum. I have been praying for years and haven't really seen anything change. I have been praying for a spouse and nothing. I'm tired of being alone and lonely. I'm tired of feeling its me against the world while everyone around me is happily married. I just turned 32, I live with my mother, and I'm really down lately. The Holidays coming are just going to make it worse. I'm afraid.

I want to build a home with a loving family for myself but no spouse. Not even anyone of interest. There's just nothing there.... I believe God is going to restore me although I'm not sure if this means he's going to give me the spouse I have been asking for. It's not easy being a single mother with no help whatsoever. I feel like giving up. I feel angry too. I even feel like maybe I'm not worthy of love. Not God's love but love here on earth. I don't even have any real friends.

Maybe I could just use some prayers to at least keep my head up.

My dear Penny,

Be encouraged .... God has not forgotten you. We cannot put a time on God's timing and sometimes it is hard to wait but by waiting He is conditioning our character and making us stronger as we rely on Him daily.

You are not alone and Jesus is your husband your friend ,your brother. I realize life does not always turn out the way that we want. Once again ... God's ways are not our ways but His ways are always perfect. Life didn't turn out the way I wanted either but we still have to praise God and be content in the situation that we find ourselves in. He tells us in everything give thanks.

When I get up in the morning .... I thank Him for my health and strength , food on my table, a house to live in. a car to drive. There are millions of people who don't have what I have. I am blessed even though I live by myself with my two cats. The Lord has given me all this and sometimes , yes , I am lonely but I can turn to praise and worship ... turn on my music and that way .... I don't have a pity party.

So you see I can generate my energy to other sources.... doing volunteer work at church and at the hospital... Having good Christian friends to hang out with.... inviting friends over.

Isn't it better that you wait for God's perfect timing than to married to someone that could abuse you or your child. My dear there are worse things in life and I can tell you...I lived with physical, mental abuse and anger for 20 yrs until the Lord removed me from the situation.

Never accept that feeling of unworthiness as it is satan trying to tell you that and give you low self esteem. You are worth everything to God. He loves you unconditionally. So hold your head up high and say you are the daughter of a King..... King Jesus, who sits on the throne just waiting to comfort you and wrap His loving arms around you. You are loved.

So be blessed and you have found a wonderful place to fellowship and you are welcomed and I hope you will feel at home here.

1 John 5: ... 4....... For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world ..... our faith
5 ..... Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God ?

Dear Penny,

I was praying for you this morning and I wanted to give you something that would encourage you. I cannot do all the beautiful artsy stuff that some on this forum can do so I will share with you a promise that God gave to me in the form of a poem.

Love Falls Like Rain

Love is like water, it falls from the sky when we least expect.
We know it is cool and refreshing even on the hottest days.
And yet, the fear that it will leave us cold keeps us from jumping in.
We wade in timidly, as if our slowness will warm the waters.
When we finally dive in, we feel refreshed and alive.
The water caresses every inch of our bodies, encompassing our being.
The gentle rythym of our strokes move us through the water.
Graceful, serene, the water flows all around us and restores our soul.

I hope that this blesses you and encourages you.

Your brother in Christ,

Don

Doubt

My Doubt is diffrent. I had doubted God existed. This is a strong feeling that I had and I sought out God. I felt alone and i did many sinful things. I was not a complete non believer in my doubt. But i was very close. I finally just sat down one day and I said to myself that I'm not leaving my chair untill I sort this whole god thing out. So I got on the internet and was on there for hours. I looked at opinions of people who thought God did not exist, then I looked at opinions of people who thought God did exist. There were major diffrences in their thinking. But I finally came across a video of a YouTube christian named Shaun. I watched everything he had on his channel and his Video ministry saved my life. God has revealed himself to me. He has even given me a spiritual gift of knowledge and the ability to teach. I have preached at work on things and all of my co-workers are not afraid to talk about God. They ask me things and people that I dont work with know this and ask me things about God now. I have also been persecuted for my stance on god. I was rebabtised and I knew it this time. i was babtised as a younger person , but i did not know what the holy spirit was. Now I do. i was missing the Holy Spirit in my babtism when i was 12. But I am 25 now and my Babtism was a very immotional thing for me. It was fantastic feeling of Love and happiness. I have completly changed my morals and ethics about life. me and my wife are currently trying to downgrade our living situation so we can have more children and give more away to help people. I am blessed by God to follow Jesus, I am still on my Journey, and I Hope others will follow Jesus too. he is there. he is VERY patient. and he Loves EVERYONE!!!!:heart::cross:

I don't doubt that He exists. It was just this one thing. I just had my 32nd birthday and I was in fact having a "pity party" for myself. But I shook it off thanks to everyone here!

Last night, I prayed real hard and asked the Lord to bless my home and other things. I had the most peaceful dreams ever. I kept dreaming of angels taking what looked like evil spirits out of my home (or I guess the demons that torture all of us Christians) and brought in what in my dream I knew was my spouse!!! Isn't that an amazing dream??? I felt so awesome this morning!!!! :dance:

Back