The sword of the Spirit

When we stand upon the Word of God (like Jesus did),using the sword of the spirit which is the Word of God (Ephesians 6:17) and resist the devil...he has to flee (James 4:7) and does so for a season (that season may be a long one if we continue to consistently walk in the Ways that Jesus commands (John 14:21) because as Jesus has promised us..those whom walk in His commands He will manifest Himself unto us.

And as 1 John 5:18 says that for those whom keepeth themselves in God's commandments...the wicked one touches him not (GLORY TO GOD!!!!!)

None of this will happen without the Word of God being in us in abundance (Matthew 12:34-35). For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Which is another reason why to keep the Word before our eyes (proverbs 4:20-27), in our ears (Romans 10:17) in our mouths which is to meditate (Joshua 1:8, ps 1:2-3Romans 10:10) and to renew our minds according toRomans 12:2 so that we may be able to prove what is the good, acceptable, and perfect will of God. We also need to study to show ourselves approved (2 Timothy 2:15) and fully relying upon the spirit of truth (John 16: 13-15) to use the Word of God to correct us, instruct us and train us in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16) so that we may be throughly furnished unto all good works (2 Timothy 3:17)

Blessings of grace and peace to you all

The worst time to practice your "sword fighting skills" is when you are in the mist of a battle. Speaking the Word of God out of our mouth is a must before the battle comes. It is the sword of the Holy Spirit who brings all things (Words) to our remembrance if we have them in our heart to remember. We do not want a empty "sheath" without a sword to draw forth.

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation and the sword that the Spirit wields, which is the Word of God.

Luk 4:13
Sunday, October 18, 2015

When we stand upon the Word of God (like Jesus did),using the sword of the spirit which is the Word of God (Ephesians 6:17) and resist the devil...he has to flee (James 4:7) and does so for a season (that season may be a long one if we continue to consistently walk in the Ways that Jesus commands (John 14:21) because as Jesus has promised us..those whom walk in His commands He will manifest Himself unto us.

And as 1 John 5:18 says that for those whom keepeth themselves in God's commandments...the wicked one touches him not (GLORY TO GOD!!!!!)

None of this will happen without the Word of God being in us in abundance (Matthew 12:34-35). For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Which is another reason why to keep the Word before our eyes (proverbs 4:20-27), in our ears (Romans 10:17) in our mouths which is to meditate (Joshua 1:8, ps 1:2-3Romans 10:10) and to renew our minds according toRomans 12:2 so that we may be able to prove what is the good, acceptable, and perfect will of God. We also need to study to show ourselves approved (2 Timothy 2:15) and fully relying upon the spirit of truth (John 16: 13-15) to use the Word of God to correct us, instruct us and train us in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16) so that we may be throughly furnished unto all good works (2 Timothy 3:17)

Blessings of grace and peace to you all
This gives us another way to look at Matthew 10:
34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

"The sword of the Spirit that is the spoken word of God"
There clearly is more to this than meets the eye . For the devil often quotes scripture . But either omits or adds to it or takes it so out of context it becomes a lie .
The Pharasees often quoted scripture .
The woman caught in the very act of adultery was by the law guilty and condemned to die . They did indeed say the truth "Moses in the law commanded us that such should be stoned:.........."
"But held the truth in unrighteousness" (romans 1)
and whos motive was not the upholding of the law nor seeking light but were as much as the one who asked the first question ever recorded "ye hath God said..............................?"
It is written that after the temptations in the wilderness "the devil left him for a season" It has been suggested that if we walk in the light or according to his commandments we will not tempted or the season will be long before we are again .
The scripture used to justify this is I john . But a temptation is not a touch . Job was tempted and tried and proved even to the sickness of his body yet death could not touch him. For God limited the devil as to what he could inflict on Job.
No one is tempted beyond their strength but in the temptation a way of escape is given., That way Is Jesus Christ. For thanks be unto God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Lord was often tempted despite his walk with the Father .
The devils temptation always started with "If thou be the Son of God......." A clever way to get him to defend himself or justify himself .
The religionsists were always coming at him with the same insinuation and in the end they gave it voice ."If thou be the Son of God come down from the cross and we will believe you"
"The Sword of the Spirit which is the SPOKEN word of God "
Jesus said " the words that I speak are not my words but the father who is IN me he doeth the work"
You cannot exercise authority unless you are under or subject to authority, something the Centurion recognised and acknowledged that Jesus had .
To speak with authority then you need to be subject to the Spirit of Christ that is in you . and it is not then you who doeth the work .But He who abides in you doeth it. For is it not written "Greater is he that is in you than he who is in the world"?
The men who who spoke to the man possessed of unclean spirits said in the name of the man Jesus who Paul speaks of we command you to come out .
The unclean spirit replied Jesus I know and Paul I know but who are you? and they fell upon them and those religionists had to flee.
So let us not think it strange when temptations come upon us for come they will. as also persecution and trouble for Christ sake if we follow the Lord closely .
But" blessed is the man who endureth temptation" We do not go looking for it n or tempt the Lord by putting ourselves in the way of temptation . Like some do by handling snakes thinking they are immune because the promise is that you will not be bitten.
Paul did not go out of his (the way) to get bitten it was while he was in the way that he got bitten and suffered no harm.
Another case where the devil takes scripture to tempt Gods people .

in Christ
gerald

The worst time to practice your "sword fighting skills" is when you are in the mist of a battle. Speaking the Word of God out of our mouth is a must before the battle comes. It is the sword of the Holy Spirit who brings all things (Words) to our remembrance if we have them in our heart to remember. We do not want a empty "sheath" without a sword to draw forth.

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation and the sword that the Spirit wields, which is the Word of God.

David had already battled with bears and lions in defense of the sheep of his pasture . When he came to fight Goliath he had both the experience and a tried and tested weapon. His sling.
We need to know the power of God in our own lives and the efficacy of the Word of God as it were unseen before it can be manifested in the open as it were.
A mans character is not made in the crises it is manifested in it .
It is by practice that we learn good from evil .
The mechanics of driving a car are quite simple . But to become a good driver it takes practice. and a willingness to learn from experience of ones own driving good and bad as also of other drivers.
and adjust accordingly.

in Christ
gerald

Yep that is why so many Christians do not see the victory.......Well I am in a jamnow so I will go dig me up some faith..........yep thats a no brainer

Back