The Times Of Refreshing.....

We are to “repent” ….that is, change our minds….and be converted so that our sins may be blotted out when the times of refreshing shall come from the face of the Lord. We hear Jesus being preached to our ears (the “heaven” must receive Him). “Heaven” = the air….the atmosphere where words travel to our ears.

We hear His words of life….but until we truly believe and DO them (the times of the restitution of all things), His life shall not be made manifest in our mortal flesh. But if we hear (as He is preached in the “air” where our ears hear….in heaven currently) and DO them, then the Lord shall send Jesus Christ who was preached to our ears. The Life of Jesus within shall shine outwardly to the mortal flesh as we are to be His witnesses to this world…..having “eternal” life….an age-lasting life for all to see.

Acts 3:19-21 KJV
(19) Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

(20) And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
(21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Christ, WHO IS OUR LIFE, shall then APPEAR in our mortal flesh if we fulfill His righteousness. When He shall appear, we shall appear with Him in glory also.

Colossians 3:3-7 KJV
(3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
(4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory

But we must fulfill all righteousness...the restitution of all things... and deaden the tongues which are upon the earth.

(5) Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
(6) For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
(7) In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.

We are looking for Him to appear a “second time”….for we hear His words NOW in our ears. We hear the spiritual presence of our Lord in our ears and hearts….but then we are also to look for Him to appear in our mortal flesh without sin. Sin is destroying our mortal bodies. We are decaying away to the grave as we break down. But when His life appears, our sins shall be blotted out.

Hebrews 9:28 KJV
(28) So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

We are to keep the daily sacrifice so that the life of Jesus might also be made manifest in our mortal flesh….the times of refreshing shall come from the face of the Lord.

2 Corinthians 4:10-11 KJV
(10) Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
(11) For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

We have all sinned and have come short of the glory of God…..the appearing of the life of Jesus in our mortal flesh.

Romans 3:23 KJV
(23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God
;

But the Son has been given power over all flesh so that He should give this life to as many as He has given Him.

John 17:1-5 KJV
(1) These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
(2) As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
(3) And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
(4) I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

His life is to appear in our mortal bodies when we have received His words…doing them….so that we may glorify our Father in heaven. He shall glorify us with His own self. The world (Greek: kosmos) has come to be beside Him…..it has marred the image of God that we have all been made in. But the hands of time shall be turned back if we do His will.

(5) And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

We are not to be conformed….fashioned….to this world but be TRANSFORMED by the renewing of our minds so that we may PROVE to the world what is good and the acceptable and perfect will of God. His life shall appear in our mortal flesh so that the world may see what it truly means to DO His will.

Romans 12:1-2 KJV

(1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

(2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

All flesh is as grass. The grass (flesh) withers away. We are perishing without His life being made manifest in our flesh. But if we DO the Word of the Lord we shall ENDURE to the coming age. We are to believe that God has raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory. Our faith and hope are to be in God to do the same for us who are “dead” in sins and trespasses.

1 Peter 1:20-25 KJV
(20) Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

(21) Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
(22) Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
(23) Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

(24) For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

(25) But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

If we receive Him, He gives us power to become the sons of God. The Word is made flesh so that others may behold His glory. WE shall endure….having an age-lasting life….eternal life…in the here and now so that others may see what it means to do His Word.

John 1:12-14 KJV
(12) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
(13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
(14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth

We that will hear and believe in His words of spirit and life (the words of “eternal life”) shall not die into the coming age. We are to hear His words in our ears….the “bread” that comes down from heaven…. and believe with our hearts. His words shall sink into our ears….coming down from “heaven”…the air where words travel and we believe in our hearts….the eating of this “bread” that shall cause our mortal bodies to LIVE into the age when ALL of the earth shall become His kingdom. We shall inherit the earth….and live to see it without dying and going to heaven as taught so prevalently.

Those who had ate the manna that came down from heaven are DEAD….but those who will hear and eat of what they hear the Son saying shall LIVE into the age. “For ever” = into the age.

KJV
(57) As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
(58) This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
(59) These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.

But this is a “hard saying” for MANY. It will be too hard for them to receive it because of their unbelief. It is the words of the Spirit that "quickens" not the flesh....carnal ordinances of men.

(60) Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
(61) When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
(62) What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
(63) It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
(64) But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

The words of spirit and life are the words of “eternal life” that we are to “eat” of …..hearing, believing and doing…making them a part of us. If we eat of this bread, we shall LIVE into the coming age…not dying as popularly taught. The bread is also His FLESH that He gives for the LIFE of the world. His LIFE shall appear in our mortal flesh if we hear and believe and DO His words of spirit and life. Jesus has already completed His work. He DIED FOR US ALREADY and has risen and IS ALIVE NOW. We who are “dead” already are to stand up in His life NOW….not after we “die and go to heaven”. He WAS DEAD for us already and so IS ALIVE NOW for us to partake of His flesh which He gives for the life of the world. Those who will believe on Him....into Him....has an age-lasting life NOW. There is no mention here of dying first.

1 KJV
(47) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
(48) I am that bread of life.

The fathers are dead....

(49) Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

....but we who hear and believe shall not die....

(50) This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
(51) I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

He will come to be glorified IN His saints…..IN those who will believe in the testimony. But many will find it a “hard saying” as they will not believe it….one that they can not swallow. They will turn away. Why reject such a great salvation?

2 JV

(9) Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

(10) When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Back