The top seven sins of the tribulation

Jeffin

Webmaster
Staff member
Helper
The top seven sins of the tribulation

A passage we just reviewed,Revelation 9:20-21,lists t5he top seven sins of the Tribulation:

1. Rebellion against God ("they did not repent")
2. Worship of demons
3. Idolatry
4. Murders
5. Sorceries (drugs)
6. Sexual immorality
7. Thefts

It is interesting to compare this list with the one given by the apostle Paul in Colossians 3:5-6,which mentions sexual immorality,impurity,lust,evil desires and greed,which is idolatry.Paul then reminds his readers,Because of these,the wrath of God is coming.

Is it ever!
We contend that even though these seven sins of the Tribulation will become rampant after the church has been raptured,already they are among the most dominant sins of our society.

REBELLION AGAINST GOD
Rebellion is a way of life today,both nationally and individually.Government,media,and education policy is relentlessly removing every vestige of our nation's heritage that relates to God,prayer,the Bible,and Christian values.

WORSHIP OF DEMONS
Twenty years ago Satan worship was scarcely heard of;today it is rampant.Satan worshipers are frequently on the evening news because of some satanic ritual that killed or maimed someone.Witchcraft,too,is becoming rampant,even respectable.

IDOLATRY
Unredeemed man always resists worshiping God by faith but demands aids to worship-things made with human hands,from pictures to images to relics and icons.No wonder Vladimir Lenin concluded that man is incurably religious.

MURDERS
One of the major social problems of our day is the rise in the murder rate.Many of the younger generation have no respect for human life;witness the increasing number of murders aged ten to eleven years old.The current violent crime rate-almost twenty-five thousand murders each year in America-is making this once Christian nation the murder capital of the world.

DRUGS
From the Greek word translated sorceries in the King James Bible we get the word pharmacy.Unfettered drug use will be common during the Tribulation.But even today,drug and alcohol use is skyrocketing out of control.

SEXUAL IMMORALITY
From the White House to the movie theater,it is accepted policy today to disregard sexual purity before marriage and sexual fidelity afterward.Many educators have all but abandoned teaching virtue;instead they have made a virtue out of homosexuality and lesbianism,which for centuries were called perversions and in the Bible are called an abomination and unnatural.

THEFTS
Gated communites and sercurity systems are becoming a way of life today.Why? Because of the rise in theft.I can remember the day when I never locked my doors and could leave my keys in my car.

if put in order of greatest sin to lowest it would be:

3. Idolatry
2. Worship of demons
4. Murders
6. Sexual immorality
5. Sorceries (drugs)
7. Thefts

lightandhope said:
if put in order of greatest sin to lowest it would be:

3. Idolatry
2. Worship of demons
4. Murders
6. Sexual immorality
5. Sorceries (drugs)
7. Thefts
The way I would put them would be:

4. Murders
5. Sorceries (drugs)
7. Thefts
6. Sexual immorality
2. Worship of demons
3. Idolatry
1. Rebellion against God

3. Idolatry, Murders
2. Worship of demons, Sorceries (drugs)
1. Rebellion against God ("they did not repent"), Thefts
4. Murders, Sexual immorality
6. Sexual immorality, Worship of demons
5. Sorceries (drugs), Idolatry
7. Thefts, Rebellion against God

I would not agree as idolatry is the worst sin possible. In Islam it is the only unforgiveable sin. Also sexual immorality is worse then theft. Stealing a choclate bar is not the same as cheating on your wife/husband.

Thanks for your opinion.

Back