The Tragic Reality Behind the Name "JEHOVAH"

Attached is the PDF from the cited website that outlines the history behind the creation of the name "JEHOVAH", which is actually a combination of the tetragrammaton "JHVH" and Adonay, which has behind it no credible reason, linguistically speaking, to bring together such a combination.

You can get the PDF HERE, or get it from this post.

It is indeed interesting to study the history behind the many items within the Christian religion that have become the staples of modern thought and assumptions.

MM

Attachments

• Jehovah.pdf
    133 KB · Views: 5
Thanks MM.

I have been wondering about the ancient name just yesterday and where it originated.

I was wondering what it actually meant to take the Lords name in vain.

I ended up finding a word called the Tetragrammaton and from there I started looking at the Jewish faith and their customs and beliefs.

Bookmarked for later.
šŸ˜Š

Thanks MM.

I have been wondering about the ancient name just yesterday and where it originated.

I was wondering what it actually meant to take the Lords name in vain.

I ended up finding a word called the Tetragrammaton and from there I started looking at the Jewish faith and their customs and beliefs.

Bookmarked for later.
šŸ˜Š

Judaism is a tangled web of teaching and belief with the inclusion of the centuries of traditions. Modern rabbi's can be, and many are, vastly confused and misled, especially in their beliefs about Messiah. This is especially pronounced when we consider that they are all taught to avoid the following, and even discussing it with Christians and Messianics:

Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn.

The day is coming when the remaining 1/3 of all Jews will find themselves doing the above, and finally recognizing that Messiah has already come, and that their forefathers had Him executed.

So, the sordid state of their beliefs today, and historically, is of the greatest shame imaginable.

MM

Can we still agree with Shakespeare and say "A rose by any other name is still a rose"?
IOW, the essence of something (or Someone) doesn't change even though its name might change.

Back