I believe this train is a picture of today’s modern institutional church movement which follows the teachings, philosophies and marketing schemes of human beings over and above, or in place of Christ, his word and his gospel. Much of The Lord’s true church here in America has gotten trapped into the snare of man-made religion and human marketing schemes which attempt to build Christ’s church, but which supersede Christ as the head of the church, his word as the authority for how the church should operate, and his word’s authority for how we should live our lives. So, this train is nothing more than institutions and businesses of humans run by humans in human ways but which call themselves “church.” And, God is calling his true church to come out from her so that she does not share in her sins and in her punishment (See: Rev. 18:4-5).

He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
their teachings are but rules taught by men.’

You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.” ~ Mark 7:6-8

The Train / An Original Work / July 17, 2011

The train is coming down the tracks.
It captures all who in faith lack.
The engine is controlled by man;
Leads each captive to ruin.

The cars, they are God’s holy church,
Which follows men who are on the search
To trap the church in their own snare;
For Christ they do not care.

The track, it leads to God’s judgment
For those who are not repentant,
But follow, each his own stubborn way,