The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil....

The Word of Truth shall be preached to all the churches in this coming time. How will men respond to the “strangers” that will be sent to them?

Luke 10:16 KJV
(16) He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.

Will they receive them or will they speak evil of them? Will they “entertain strangers” and their words by letting brotherly love continue or will they despise and respond with contention and wrath?

Hebrews 13:1-2 KJV
(1) Let brotherly love continue.
(2) Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

The first part of the lie of the serpent is the message of “peace and safety”. To “die” is to “kill” another with the sword of the tongue….that is, to speak evil of another. When one does not love his brother, he is a “murderer”. We are to have love for the brothers who will come preaching the Word of Truth in this coming time.

1 John 3:14-15 KJV
(14) We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
(15) Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

By “killing” another with evil speaking in judgment of that person, one shall not die…so the thinking will go.

Young's Literal Translation
Genesis 3:4
And the serpent saith unto the woman, 'Dying, ye do not die,

The time comes when whosoever will “kill” you will think that they are doing God “service”. This is part of the lie. By “killing” another, we shall not die for we are ministering to God by doing these things…which is the lie.

John 16:1-3 KJV
(1) These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
(2) They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
(3) And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

Like Diotrephes, who loved to be first among the churches, they will not receive the brothers who will speak the Word of Truth to them and they will cast out of their churches any who will “entertain strangers” in this coming time of the revelation of the Truth.

3 John 1:9-11 KJV
(9) I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.
(10) Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.

We are instructed to follow that which is good….and not follow the pernicious ways of “Diotrephes” whose ways were evil toward the preaching of the brothers (the “strangers”) who were sent to the churches.

(11) Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

We can not cover ourselves with “Lord, Lord” and do not the things which He says (for example: to have love for one another).

Luke 6:45-46 KJV
(45) A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
(46) And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

They will believe a lie….and will think that they will be doing God “service” by killing others….for “God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof…” They will think that they will have God’s approval to behave badly towards anyone that they will not agree with.

They will profess themselves to be wise…. “your eyes shall be opened”. They shall see themselves as “gods”… elohim, which also means “judges”. They will act as judges for they will know good and evil as they will be judge, jury and executioner of those they will not entertain by speaking evil of them…as “evil doers”.

Genesis 3:4-5 KJV
(4) And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
(5) For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

We find this paraphrased in the book of James. He that speaks evil of his brother judges his brother. He is being a JUDGE….that is, a “god”. They will see themselves as judges…”gods”…which is part of the lie.

There is only ONE Lawgiver. We are to be a doer of the “law” of Christ: to have love for each other. When one behaves badly towards his brother who will preach something he or she will not agree with, then that person is not a doer of the law which is to have love. Having love fulfills the law.

Judge= elohim= gods.

James 4:11-12 KJV
(11) Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
(12) There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

The eating of the “tree of the knowledge of good and evil” is the using the same mouth to bless God and curse men. We can not use our mouths to curse men who are made in His similitude (the brothers who come preaching the Word of Truth). We are not blessing God by doing so. We are not doing Him “service” by being a judge of others.

James 3:5-12 KJV
(5) Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
(6) And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
(7) For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
(8) But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
(9) Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
(10) Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
(11) Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
(12) Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

Men are as TREES!

Mark 8:24 KJV
(24) And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.

Every tree is known by his “fruit”. Every mouth will speak what is the abundance of the heart in its response to the Word of Truth spoken by “strangers”. We are to remember to let brotherly love continue at all times and not be found “sleeping” in wrath, pride and contention.

Luke 6:43-44 KJV
(43) For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
(44) For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

We are to taste the good Word of God and not crucify the Son of God with an evil response to His words of life and spirit.

Hebrews 6:4-10 KJV
(4) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
(5) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
(6) If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

We are to “drink” in the rain that comes often upon our hearts through the hearing of His good Word. We are to bring forth good fruit towards the hearing of His words….

(7) For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

….and not bring forth out of the mouth evil words of contention and wrath.

(8) But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
(9) But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

God will not forget our “work” and labor of love which will be showed toward His authority…His name…at the hearing of the Word of God (the “rain” which falls upon our hearts).

(10) For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

Death and life are in the power of the tongue and they that love it shall eat the “fruit” thereof. The “power” = the Hebrew word “yad” which is the “hand” of the tongue. What fruit shall we reach for in our response to those who will come preaching the Word of Truth?

Proverbs 18:20-21 KJV
(20) A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
(21) Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Of every tree of the garden we may free eat. That is, there is no law against the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith…..

Genesis 2:16-17 KJV
(16) And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

But we are not to use our mouths to bless God (knowledge of good) and curse other men (knowledge of evil). We are to have love for each other.

(17) But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Galatians 5:22-26 KJV
(22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
(23) Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
(24) And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
(25) If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Let us not be desirous of vain glory and reach out to speak evil….taking of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

(26) Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Let us not be desirous of vain glory….to profess to be wise and behave by provoking another…envying another.

Genesis 3:6-7 KJV
(6) And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among us? Let those not be like the woman in the garden but let us show out of good behavior in our works with meekness of wisdom.

James 3:12-18 KJV
(12) Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
(13) Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
(14) But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
(15) This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
(16) For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

We are free to eat of the trees of the garden….which is full of compassion and good works. Hypocrisy = blessing God and using our mouths for bad behavior in an evil response of contention of the Word spoken in our ears.

(17) But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
(18) And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

It matters not to me, but I suggest that you shorten your comments. A lot of people just do not read such long posts. It is better to break it up and get responces then advance to the next one.

But that is just me.

Welcome to the site!!!

The lips of the righteous will disperse His knowledge to those who will hear what the Spirit is saying. We are to take heed to how we hear …..

Proverbs 15:7-8 KJV
(7) The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so.

…for the wrath of man works not the righteousness of God. The wicked will not hear and believe in what they will hear. Their “sacrifice” will be the many words of wrath and contention towards the lips that disperse His righteousness as they will partake of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

(8) The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.

We are to be more ready to hear than speak….quick to hear, slow to speak and SLOW TO WRATH.

Ecclesiastes 5:1-7 KJV
(1) Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.

Be not rash with the mouth and let not our hearts be hasty to UTTER anything before God as He sends His messengers to speak His knowledge to those who will hear with their ears.

(2) Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.
(3) For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words.

Remember to have LOVE for one another…THE VOW unto God. Pay it forward to the “strangers” who will come to us speaking His knowledge of the Truth. Show them kindness, patience, love.

(4) When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed.
(5) Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.
(6) Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands?

We are to fear God and keep His commandments.

(7) For in the multitude of dreams and many words there are also divers vanities: but fear thou God.

Blessed are those who will DO His commandments…having love toward the messengers of God who will come to them speaking His knowledge of the Truth. The words that will come out of their mouths will be those of His words of life and spirit….the “tree of life”.

Revelation 22:14-17 KJV
(14) Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

But without will be those who will not show love…not doing His commandments. They will not keep His Word to have love.

(15) For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

They will think that the Lord delays His coming and will not recognize His messengers who will be sent unto the churches to speak the knowledge of the Truth to them.

(16) I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

They will hear His voice but will not respond with a welcoming reception by inviting those who will speak what the Spirit is saying to come stay with them.

(17) And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

The fruit of the righteous is a “tree of life”.

Proverbs 11:30-31 KJV
(30) The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
(31) Behold, the righteous shall be recompensed in the earth: much more the wicked and the sinner.

A healing tongue is a “tree of life”.

Proverbs 15:4 KJV
(4) A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.

But those who will not behave with love in their unbelief of what they will hear shall be without as they will behave like judges and will continue to speak evil of His messengers who will speak the “tree of life”…His words of life and spirit.

Genesis 3:22-24 KJV
(22) And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
(23) Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

The “flaming sword” which turns in every way…being contrary to all men…. is the tongue that will be filled with all unrighteousness. The tongue is a “sword”. The tongue is a “fire”….a world of evil. They will be “ever learning” but not be able to come to the knowledge of the Truth…..keeping the way of the tree of life. They will wax worse and worse in their evil speaking.

(24) So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

2 Timothy 3:1-9 KJV
(1) This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
(2) For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
(3) Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
(4) Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
(5) Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
(6) For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
(7) Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
(8) Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
(9) But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

WITHOUT are those who will not DO His commandments and have love. They will not abide in Christ by having love for each other as they will use their mouths to speak evil of His “dignities”…His messengers of the Truth….the lips of the righteous will speak the “tree of life”.

All these things are done in parables (cherubim) to those who are without so that they may see and not perceive and hear and not understand…keeping the way of the Tree of life.

Mark 4:10-12 KJV
(10) And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable.
(11) And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
(12) That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

God’s wisdom is a tree of life to those who will lay hold upon her….retaining what they will hear.

Proverbs 3:18 KJV
(18) She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.

But some will scorn what they will hear. They will refuse what they will hear and will set at naught all of her counsel and reproof. They will hate His knowledge and will not choose to fear Him.

Proverbs 1:20-33 KJV
(20) Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:
(21) She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying,
(22) How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
(23) Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
(24) Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
(25) But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
(26) I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
(27) When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
(28) Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
(29) For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
(30) They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
(31) Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
(32) For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
(33) But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

I apologize for the length of the posts. Brevity is not my strongest point….and I know most tune them out because of the length.

I believe that the cherubim…. which are “imaginary figures”…. are the parables of the Scriptures that keep the “natural man” from hearing the mysteries of the kingdom.

Genesis 3:24 KJV
(24) So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

The word “angel” means simply “messenger”….and the imaginary cherubim hide the true messages…the true sayings… of God from those who have not the love of the Truth within them. Case in point: the Pharisees could not “hear” Jesus because they sought to “kill” Him as they vilified what He had to say with the “flashing sword” of their tongue. They could not come to Jesus who spoke the words of life and spirit…the Tree of Life…because of their unbelief.

John 8:40-52 KJV
(40) But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
(41) Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
(42) Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

They could not understand His speech because they had not the love they should have had for their brother…Jesus…who spoke what He heard from God.

(43) Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
(44) Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
(45) And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
(46) Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
(47) He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

The “flashing sword” is the tongue that speaks all kinds of evil….as they did to Jesus…which kept them “outside” the kingdom of heaven and could not “hear” what He had to say.

(48) Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
(49) Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.
(50) And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.
(51) Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
(52) Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.

The cherubim have kept things secret from the foundation of the world until Jesus came to speak the words in this world. They could not understand because they refused to do His will…to believe.

Matthew 13:34-35 KJV
(34) All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:
(35) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Again, the parables (cherubim) keep the mysteries of the kingdom of God from those who have not the love of God within them…those who are “without”. They will not “see” nor “hear” the interpretation of Jesus when He reveals the knowledge of the Truth to them as they will not receive the love of it.

Mark 4:11-12 KJV
(11) And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
(12) That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

The things of God are truly hidden from the “wise and prudent”…but are revealed unto them that receive His words of life and spirit with meekness…like a child. The proud Pharisees could not receive these things….for it seemed to be foolishness to them. The letter conceals the spiritual things of God…and the wise and prudent only look upon the surface “letter” of the written ink of the Scriptures…the cherubim.

Luke 10:21 KJV
(21) In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Scripture which is taught by the Breath of God…the Spirit of God…speaks wisdom among them that are complete…among those who do His commandments to have love for one another.

1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV
(6) Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

The words of the prophets and apostles speak to us through the Spirit the hidden wisdom of God….which the “cherubim” hide from natural men who will “crucify” what they will hear because of their unbelief and lack of love.

(7) But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
(8) Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

The natural man only sees “cherubim” and will not receive the things of the Spirit of God for they are foolishness unto him. Neither can he know them because they are spiritually discerned. The natural man who will respond in pride, wrath and contention will be “outside” of the understanding of the knowledge of God and will not be able to enter in because he will not receive the things of God that he will hear in meekness…like a child.

1 Corinthians 2:12-14 KJV
(12) Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
(13) Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
(14) But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The “natural man” will speak false evil accusations against the messengers of the Truth in this coming time…speaking of them as “evil doers”. The natural man will speak evil of the things that he will not understand and will utterly perish from the earth in his own decay…corruption.

2 Peter 2:11-12 KJV
(11) Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
(12) But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

All the holy angels…the holy messengers…shall come with the Son of man. The holy “angels” are the words of all the prophets, Moses, and apostles as interpreted by Christ . His people who will be sent out to preach the true sayings of God to the churches in this coming time.

Matthew 25:31-33 KJV
(31) When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

How men shall respond to what they will hear (His holy messengers) as preached by the “least of the brothers” of Him determines their separation. Some ..the sheep….will treat the “dignities” with respect and goodness. Others will respond with wrath and contention….thinking that the Lord delays His coming...as they will “beat” upon His servants.

(32) And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
(33) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

The Lord is among the myriads of “angels”. The Hebrew word for “angels” here in Psalms 68:17, is “CHANGES”.

The Scriptures are “changed” in the twinkle of an eye to their heavenly image. They have borne the earthly image but are changed by the interpretation of our Lord into the heavenly….and so we who hear and believe are also to be transformed right along with them.

Psalms 68:17 KJV
(17) The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place.
The cherubim of glory shadow the mercy seat…..the seat of grace. They do not speak particularly now until the revelation of Jesus Christ will interpret their words. We have all spoken and did things in the ignorance of the knowledge of the Truth.

Hebrews 9:5 KJV
(5) And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly.

The cherubim “look” into the throne of grace. The prophets prophesied of the grace that should come unto us. The “angels” desire to look into the things that are preached by those who preach what they hear the Spirit saying. The words of the prophets are to be preached by the Spirit in the revelation of Jesus Christ…in His disclosure of their words in their heavenly meanings.

1 Peter 1:10-16 KJV
(10) Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
(11) Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
(12) Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

When we hear these things, we are to be “sober”….not responding in the wine of wrath and contention. The churches have in their ignorance lived in divisions, envy and strife with each other but are called to grow in the grace and knowledge of Him and put away our differences based on errors.

(13) Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
(14) As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
(15) But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
(16) Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

You really should take Major's advice and shorten your posts.

Cherubim are a type of spirit, one of the several orders of "angels".
As is very common in these sorts of forums, you have taken a personal notion and found
scripture that you think supports it.

Sorry, Wheelz...whatever length you choose to make your posts (and I had hoped length would be strength) , you have not proven for me that cherubim are merely parables.

I agree with Glomung...They are real beings.

And I agree also with Glo and Rusty.

Isn't it two cherubim which are positioned on the top of the mercy seat of the Ark of the Covenant?

When the natural man reads the Scriptures with his natural mind, he sees fantastical images in his mind. These are the imaginary things. His imagination sees a literal garden with literal trees. He sees a literal heavenly city up there in the sky somewhere. The imaginations of men's minds keep them "out" of the understanding of the mysteries of the kingdom.

But the cherubim have “wings” ….the mysteries of the kingdom are revealed by the Spirit…by the Breath of God . The images are transformed into His truth. They are changed in the twinkling of an eye into their heavenly image from the earthly image they once had in the minds of natural thinking men.

God is “seen” by the spiritual interpretation of the Scriptures…the Law and the Prophets who are the 2 cherubim upon the Ark of the Testimony. They are the 2 witnesses…the witnesses of His salvation…His righteousness…His grace…as they “look” into the mercy seat…the seat of grace. The “angels” desire to look into these things. He is seen upon the “wings of the wind”….the wings of the Spirit…upon the words of life and spirit that interpret the prophets. Words “fly” in the air (heaven) to our ears…and we are to take heed about how we hear and how we respond to what we hear.

2 Samuel 22:7-12 KJV
(7) In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.
(8) Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations of heaven moved and shook, because he was wroth.
(9) There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.
(10) He bowed the heavens also, and came down; and darkness was under his feet.
(11) And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: and he was seen upon the wings of the wind.
(12) And he made darkness pavilions round about him, dark waters, and thick clouds of the skies.

When we hear His voice upon the words of the interpreted Scriptures, then we are come unto the “heavenly Jerusalem” and to an innumerable company of messengers. Again, the natural mind wants to see this as surreal scene in the sky…but it is “spiritual”…of the BREATH that speaks the Word of Truth.

The “angels” or MESSENGERS are the words of all the prophets and the apostles as spoken by the divine Breath of God. The biblical saints are the “spirits of just men made perfect”. Their words are interpreted by Jesus that speaks “better things” as He interprets the Scriptures to us. He opens up our minds to the Scriptures just as He did the disciples. The cherubim lift up their “wings” and fly so to speak by the Spirit of our Lord who speaks to us through the Scriptures in their heavenly meanings.

Hebrews 12:22-29 KJV
(22) But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
(23) To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
(24) And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
(25) See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
(26) Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
(27) And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

When we hear His words, we are to have grace and serve Him with reverence and godly fear…and not in contentions and wrath.

(28) Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
(29) For our God is a consuming fire.

Peter here is paraphrasing the 2 cherubim upon the Ark of the Testimony. The Law and the Prophets are the 2 cherubim and we fulfill them by loving God and having love for one another. They have prophesied of the grace (as they look into the mercy seat) that should come unto us. When we hear the opening up of the Scriptures to our minds by those who preach the good news unto us with Holy Spirit sent down from heaven…the Holy Breath that speaks the Word of God, we are to “gird up the loins of our mind” and be “sober” in our responses to what we hear.

1 Peter 1:8-16 KJV
(8) Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
(9) Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
(10) Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
(11) Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
(12) Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
(13) Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
(14) As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
(15) But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
(16) Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

In Ezekiel, the cherubim had four faces. All Scripture as divinely breathed upon by God….spiritually interpreted by Him, is profitable for 4 things…..

2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV
(16) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
(17) That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Getting back to the “tree”…

When men will hear the Word of Truth being revealed by the Lord to their ears and hearts, some will reach out with their tongues to speak evil of another in their contention and wrath of what they will hear. They will use their mouths to act as judges…elohim… “gods” thinking they will be doing God “service” ( justifying themselves) for behaving badly in their response. Instead of being quick to hear and slow to speak...slow to wrath, they will speak out rashly in wrath.

Death and life are in the power (Hebrew = “yad”= power=hand) of the tongue and those who will love it will it the “fruit” it. Either we follow Christ by having love for another or we don’t by using our mouths to speak evil. We can not use our mouths to bless God (knowledge of good) and curse men (knowledge of evil) and not suffer the consequences. Every idle word that men speak will be held accountable in the Day of Judgment.

The Lord comes to tell leaders of the church today that they are “naked” in His rebuke of them. They have no works of true righteousness no matter how they see themselves. Their response to the Word of God as preached by Jesus who is the faithful and true witness will be “lukewarm”....at first. The Lord is the “Amen” but no “amen” will come from their lips in their response to what they will hear for they will feel they have need of nothing. Gain is godliness in their eyes...and so they will be rebuked.

Revelation 3:14-22 KJV
(14) And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
(15) I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
(16) So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
(17) Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

The shame of their nakedness will be the evil response to the preaching of the Word of Truth. After His rebuke, some will want to speak evil in their response…but we are to have love at all times…keeping our “garments”…putting on the true works of righteousness at the most crucial time.

18) I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
(19) As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
(20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
(21) To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
(22) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

The Lord Jesus Christ will tell them that they are “naked” in His rebuke of them. The man and the woman were told that they were "naked". Our Lord is the beginning of the creation of God and instructed man into the way of righteousness.

Genesis 3:11-12 KJV
(11) And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

The “woman” is the tongue that gives the “man” fruit to eat. A man’s belly will be filled by his mouth. What comes out of the mouth defiles the man. Death and life are in the power …the hand…of the tongue.

(12) And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

The man and his “wife” came to be naked but did not shame themselves....YET! They had not “shamed” themselves yet by reaching out to the tree of the knowledge of good and evil…speaking evil of the person who had told them that they were without true works of righteousness.

Genesis 2:25 KJV
(25) And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

The man and his wife were “lukewarm” to the Truth until the tongue reached out and spoke evil of another….thereby exposing the shame of their nakedness to all. The man of sin will reveal himself with an evil mouth.

Revelation 3: (18) I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Who comes to speak unto the leaders but Jesus….to tell them that they are wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.

John 15:22-25 KJV
(22) If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
(23) He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

Some will reach out with their tongues to speak evil of His rebuke…hating both Jesus and the Father.

(24) If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
(25) But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

Blessed is he that is “awake” to what he will hear…keeping his garments…having true love for one another. But some will be found “sleeping” when they will hear the Word of Truth. They will behave badly towards what they will hear as they will obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation.

Revelation 16:15 KJV
(15) Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Back