The Trustworthiness Of God

The Trustworthiness of God

Can God to be trusted? Will he really do what he has promised us to do? I have been a born again
Christian for more than 35 years, and I can say for myself yes, “God is trustworthy” He has never let me down, ever. But I did not always believe that way, especially when I was young in the Lord. It has taken time, years before I could say that. You have to have a history with God to be able to believe in his trustworthiness. Even in this physical world, we all have had good friends, but to really be able to trust our best friends it took time. I needed opportunities to be able to test my friends trust. Would they do the things they said, that would give me this knowing. Through out the years I have had lots opportunities for the Lord to prove his trustworthiness to me, and as time went by his proof to me has been amazing!
Do you remember the mother of Jesus when visiting Elisabeth the mother of John the Baptist, what she
said was “my soul doth magnify the Lord” Remember Jesus when he spoke to the woman at Jacobs well? He said “God is Spirit, and they that worship him must worship him in Spirit and truth
How about in the new testament where it says “count it all joy when you fall into trials and tribulations” You can not “magnify” the Lord until you first have the Lord. You can not worship God in “Spirit” until you first have the “Spirit”. You can not count it all “joy” until you first have the “joy!” In other words you first must have a history with God before you can do these things!
God lives in eternity, there is no history there. You can not have a history unless you have a time based
world. There is no time in God's Kingdom where he lives, and yes, if you are a child of God (born again, you know who you are) you also live in a timeless Kingdom with him! So how can we rely on God's faithfulness through out the ages if we do not have a away to look back and see his promises fulfilled?

The Prophet Isaiah spoke about a time when God would create a new Heaven, and earth, where the things of the past would not be remembered anymore.

Isaiah 65:17-18 NIrV
(17) "I will create new heavens and a new earth. The things that have happened before will
not be remembered. They will not even enter your minds.

(18)So be glad and full of joy forever because of what I will create. I will cause others to take delight in
Jerusalem. They will be filled with joy when they see its people.

There are no yesterdays or tomorrows in eternity, everything is “Now, faith is...” How many millions of
abortions have been done through out the last 20 years? These unborn citizens are with God right now! They never had a chance to prove God's faithfulness in this time based world, yet they know now with out any doubt that God is trustworthy, how? The same way we also can know it, with out ever looking back in time, and seeing all the opportunities we experienced fulfilled by God himself! It takes a revelation from God, a revelation from his heart to ours.

(1 Corinthians 2:9) But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into
the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
(1 Corinthians 2:10) But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit

searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

2 Peter 1:3 KJV
(3) According as his divine powerhath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and
godliness,
through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Every single thing that the Lord has already prepared for you, he has already given you. It has been
revealed to you by God's Holy Spirit!!! Do you know what the Lord has already given to you? Are you looking for it, seeking it? Everything the Lord has already done for me through out this time based world, and through out eternity, has already (past tense) been shown unto me by his Spirit. I don't need to look back, I already have them, they are already mine right now!!! Do not look at the things seen, but only at the things not seen by our physical eyes. There you will find your purpose, and everything needed to accomplish your mission!! Its all yours now. Come for all things are
ready.

Back