The Truth About Grace

Many people have been taught that Grace is God’s ‘favor’ or ‘undeserved pardon’. Some think it is ‘forgiveness’, others say it is just God overlooking how wretched people are because He loves us... Ephesians 2:8 says that we are saved by this Grace, so we better know what it is! What do you think grace is? If you believe that grace is any of the above, try to answer the following questions for yourself and see if your answer makes sense. If grace is some kind of pardon, undeserved favor, or even forgiveness, then how can we reconcile all of these verses? (Scriptures are all KJV)

1. Why do we have to be born again in order to ‘enter’ into the kingdom of Heaven if we have unmerited or undeserved favor from God? (John 3:3)
2. Why did Jesus say we must ‘repent’ and ‘believe’ if we get unmerited favor or pardon? (Mark 1:15)
3. Why did Jesus say only those who 'do the will of the Father’ enter into the kingdom, if we have unmerited favor or a pardon? Matthew (7:21)
4. Why Did Jesus say that you must be ‘converted’ and become ‘as little children’ to enter into the kingdom if we have undeserved favor or a pardon? (Matthew 18:3)
5. Why do we have to ‘work out our salvation with fear and trembling’: (Philippians 2:12)
6. Why did Jesus say that ‘not everyone who calls Him Lord’ will enter into the Kingdom? Are there some who call Him Lord but don’t get in? If so…why ( Matthew 7:21)
7. How are we ‘good stewards’ of “unmerited favor? How can there be manifold or differing kinds of favor or forgiveness? (1 Peter 4:10)
8. How do we ’minister’ unmerited favor, a pardon, or forgiveness to the hearer?(Ephesians 4:29) 9. How could we receive ‘unmerited favor’ or ‘forgiveness’ in vain? (2nd Corinthians 6:1)
10. How can we ‘grow’ in undeserved favor or pardon (2nd Peter 3:18)
11. How does an undeserved ‘favor’ or pardon ‘reign’ unto righteousness (Romans 5:21)
12. Does ‘favor’ or a ‘pardon’ have a throne? How does favor or pardon help in a time of need?
(Hebrews 4:16)
13. How did they ‘perceive’ a pardon, favor or forgiveness? (Galatians 2:6)
14. How does our ‘speech’ have favor or a pardon? (Colossians 4:6)
15. Is favor or a pardon really what the prophets diligently sought and prophesied about?
(1 Peter 1:10)
16. How do we ‘fall’ from unmerited favor or undeserved pardon? (Galatians 5:4 )
17. How do we ‘frustrate’ unmerited favor, a pardon or even forgiveness’? (Galatians 2:21)
18. How is it possible to ‘fail’ unmerited favor,pardon, or undeserved love from God?
(Hebrews 12:15)
19. Why do we have to ‘earnestly contend’ for the faith, if we have 'unmerited favor'? (Jude 1:3) 20. How could we turn ‘unmerited favor’ or a ‘pardon’ into lasciviousness? (Jude 1:4)
21. Are we all given different levels of unmerited favor, love or forgiveness? (Ephesians 4:7)
22. How could unmerited favor, forgiveness or an undeserved pardon be ‘in our hearts’
(Hebrews 13:9)
23. How does 'unmerited favor or pardon make us what we are? (1 Corinthians 15:10)
24. How are we quickened (made alive) by a pardon or unmerited favor? (Ephesians 2:5)
25. How does favor, a pardon, or forgiveness ‘abound’? (2nd Corinthians 9:8)
26. Why would favor, a pardon, or forgiveness be taken from the Lukewarm? (Revelation 3:16) 27. Why do we have to pray that we will be found ‘worthy’ if we have unmerited or undeserved favor? (Luke 21:36)

And finally, ask yourself this:

28. Jesus was full of grace (John1:14) and He never sinned, so why would the Lord himself need 'unmerited favor', ‘forgiveness’ or 'an undeserved pardon'?

There is a counterfeit version of grace being taught in today’s churches. Grace is not unmerited favor. To learn the truth about Grace, why you must have it to be saved, and how to know if you have true-life saving grace, please go to www.ThePowerofGraceMinistries.Com and get the answers to all of these questions and more… before it is too late!

Many people have been taught that Grace is God’s ‘favor’ or ‘undeserved pardon’. Some think it is ‘forgiveness’, others say it is just God overlooking how wretched people are because He loves us... Ephesians 2:8 says that we are saved by this Grace, so we better know what it is! What do you think grace is? If you believe that grace is any of the above, try to answer the following questions for yourself and see if your answer makes sense. If grace is some kind of pardon, undeserved favor, or even forgiveness, then how can we reconcile all of these verses? (Scriptures are all KJV)

1. Why do we have to be born again in order to ‘enter’ into the kingdom of Heaven if we have unmerited or undeserved favor from God? (John 3:3)
2. Why did Jesus say we must ‘repent’ and ‘believe’ if we get unmerited favor or pardon? (Mark 1:15)
3. Why did Jesus say only those who 'do the will of the Father’ enter into the kingdom, if we have unmerited favor or a pardon? Matthew (7:21)
4. Why Did Jesus say that you must be ‘converted’ and become ‘as little children’ to enter into the kingdom if we have undeserved favor or a pardon? (Matthew 18:3)
5. Why do we have to ‘work out our salvation with fear and trembling’: (Philippians 2:12)
6. Why did Jesus say that ‘not everyone who calls Him Lord’ will enter into the Kingdom? Are there some who call Him Lord but don’t get in? If so…why ( Matthew 7:21)
7. How are we ‘good stewards’ of “unmerited favor? How can there be manifold or differing kinds of favor or forgiveness? (1 Peter 4:10)
8. How do we ’minister’ unmerited favor, a pardon, or forgiveness to the hearer?(Ephesians 4:29) 9. How could we receive ‘unmerited favor’ or ‘forgiveness’ in vain? (2nd Corinthians 6:1)
10. How can we ‘grow’ in undeserved favor or pardon (2nd Peter 3:18)
11. How does an undeserved ‘favor’ or pardon ‘reign’ unto righteousness (Romans 5:21)
12. Does ‘favor’ or a ‘pardon’ have a throne? How does favor or pardon help in a time of need?
(Hebrews 4:16)
13. How did they ‘perceive’ a pardon, favor or forgiveness? (Galatians 2:6)
14. How does our ‘speech’ have favor or a pardon? (Colossians 4:6)
15. Is favor or a pardon really what the prophets diligently sought and prophesied about?
(1 Peter 1:10)
16. How do we ‘fall’ from unmerited favor or undeserved pardon? (Galatians 5:4 )
17. How do we ‘frustrate’ unmerited favor, a pardon or even forgiveness’? (Galatians 2:21)
18. How is it possible to ‘fail’ unmerited favor,pardon, or undeserved love from God?
(Hebrews 12:15)
19. Why do we have to ‘earnestly contend’ for the faith, if we have 'unmerited favor'? (Jude 1:3) 20. How could we turn ‘unmerited favor’ or a ‘pardon’ into lasciviousness? (Jude 1:4)
21. Are we all given different levels of unmerited favor, love or forgiveness? (Ephesians 4:7)
22. How could unmerited favor, forgiveness or an undeserved pardon be ‘in our hearts’
(Hebrews 13:9)
23. How does 'unmerited favor or pardon make us what we are? (1 Corinthians 15:10)
24. How are we quickened (made alive) by a pardon or unmerited favor? (Ephesians 2:5)
25. How does favor, a pardon, or forgiveness ‘abound’? (2nd Corinthians 9:8)
26. Why would favor, a pardon, or forgiveness be taken from the Lukewarm? (Revelation 3:16) 27. Why do we have to pray that we will be found ‘worthy’ if we have unmerited or undeserved favor? (Luke 21:36)

And finally, ask yourself this:

28. Jesus was full of grace (John1:14) and He never sinned, so why would the Lord himself need 'unmerited favor', ‘forgiveness’ or 'an undeserved pardon'?

There is a counterfeit version of grace being taught in today’s churches. Grace is not unmerited favor. To learn the truth about Grace, why you must have it to be saved, and how to know if you have true-life saving grace, please go to www.ThePowerofGraceMinistries.Com and get the answers to all of these questions and more… before it is too late!

To be brutally honest with you...........I doubt anyone is going to take the time to try and "teach" you the meaning of all the verses you have posted. Most people understand that you are coming from a position of rejecting the truth of God's Word and in fact are beinging to us a form of hearsey which is not new but has been around for a long time.

All of the verse you posted are in fact taught in Sunday School and are very elementey in their concept.

I will however explain the first one to you.

You asked ............
"Why do we have to be born again in order to ‘enter’ into the kingdom of Heaven if we have unmerited or undeserved favor from God? (John 3:3).

John 3:3 says............
"Jesus answered. Verily, verily I say unto thee, except a man be born again of water and of the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven".

John was not talking about the diffferance between natural birth and spiritual birth but instead was talking about how a man could be born FROM ABOVE, or born again.

I am confident here that our Lord saying that one must be born of water and of the Spirit, referred to the Spirit of God USING THE WORD of God.

So then.........God does not intend to change the flesh, which means this old nature we all have will be with us until we die. The fact is, it can not be changed. The OLD NATURE is at war with God.

Romans 8:7-8 says.......
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

God has no program for our old nature to retrieve it, improve it or develop it. or save it. That old nature is to to to the grave with us. Now.........this explains the importance of the Rapture. When the Lord comes again at the Rapture, it is THEN that we will be CHANGED in the twinkling of an eye, WHICH MEANS THAT WE WILL GET RID OF OUR OLD NATURE AT THAT POINT!!!!

It can never be made to be obedient to God. "That which is born of the flesh is flesh"!

John 3:6........"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the spirit is spirit".

Our old nature MUST be replaced by a new nature and the only way that is possible is a spiritual birth so that we can be given that NEW NATURE, or in plain words as Jesus said..........WE MUST BE BORN AGAIN!.

Now, the motivation for this is that God SO LOVED THE WORLD! God never saved the world by love my friend! The Bible does not say that God saved the world because the love of God could never save a sinner. GOD DOES NOT SAVE BY LOVE.

Ephesians 2:8-9.............
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

THAT IS WHAT THE SCRIPTURES SAY!

God save by GRACE. Now HOW does He do that should be your question.

John 3:16............
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

What does that mean? It means that we trust Him as the ONE who bore the penalty for my sins.Christ died in my place and that is GRACE.

That is WHY we must be born again!

Good day.

To be brutally honest with you...........I doubt anyone is going to take the time to try and "teach" you the meaning of all the verses you have posted. Most people understand that you are coming from a position of rejecting the truth of God's Word and in fact are beinging to us a form of hearsey which is not new but has been around for a long time.

Major, 'to be brutally honest'...I will not be brutally honest with you but in lovingkindness I will show you the truth.

You are absolutely right ...we are born again by thew Word of God through the Holy Spirit. This is the circumcision of our heart. If the Word does not clean us then the Lord will not take residence in us. That is why we must be Born again. Grace is a supernatural work on our heart. It is not unmerited favor. It is the Holy Spirit. That is why Jesus was full of it:

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Luk 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

2Co 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts

Luk 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Grace is the gift of the Holy Spirit...the power of Christ resting within us.

2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Heb 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

Grace is the power of God which is able to change us into a new creature. That is why the Kingdom of Heaven lies within:

Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

We must be born again by the word of God in order to receive this kingdom. The Lord will not dwell in an unrighteous person. You must obey the Word in order to get the Holy Ghost!

Act 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Mar 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

Be careful what you say Major, you do not know what you are talking about AND ARE LEADING PEOPLE ASTRAY!

T/C

You still are a hard person to figure out. First of all you said.........................

"You are absolutely right ...we are born again by thew Word of God through the Holy Spirit. This is the circumcision of our heart. If the Word does not clean us then the Lord will not take residence in us. That is why we must be Born again. Grace is a supernatural work on our heart. It is not unmerited favor. It is the Holy Spirit. That is why Jesus was full of it:"

Wonderful. So far so good. But then for some reason you felt the need to insult and threaten by saying.......................

Mar 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

Be careful what you say Major, you do not know what you are talking about AND ARE LEADING PEOPLE ASTRAY!

So you agree, then you say I am leading people astray. I guess that means you are leading people astray!!!

As I said........."strange".

I do not like bullies, and I do not like to be threatened. It gets my blood pressure up so my better part, Christ in me, says to say good bye to you and move on.

So..........goodbye and we will see you some other time.

You still are a hard person to figure out. First of all you said.........................

"You are absolutely right ...we are born again by thew Word of God through the Holy Spirit. This is the circumcision of our heart. If the Word does not clean us then the Lord will not take residence in us. That is why we must be Born again. Grace is a supernatural work on our heart. It is not unmerited favor. It is the Holy Spirit. That is why Jesus was full of it:"

Wonderful. So far so good. But then for some reason you felt the need to insult and threaten by saying.......................

So you agree, then you say I am leading people astray. I guess that means you are leading people astray!!!

As I said........."strange".

I do not like bullies, and I do not like to be threatened. It gets my blood pressure up so my better part, Christ in me, says to say good bye to you and move on.

So..........goodbye and we will see you some other time.

Major, Sorry if I got your blood pressure up there sister, not my intention. I was driving home the point that grace is not unmerited favor but the power of the Holy Spirit. I must have misunderstood what you meant in your previous reply. I am glad we agree on the supernatural work of Grace not being some lukewarm hall pass not to change. This lukewarm grace leads people to forsake picking up their cross. As far as the 'leading people astray' part, I was referring to the rapture. Grace is exactly why we don't need a rapture...We will receive healing when He returns:

Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Grace - the Holy Spirit is our ticket into New Jerusalem when He brings it down out of Heaven. That is why it is the Holy Spirit of Promise. Those without this Grace will not be let in. There is not a rapture. Please don't get angry with me for trying to warn you. When He returns ALL eyes will see Him. He will gather the nations and separate the sheep from the goats.

Please go to the website www.thepowerofgraceministries.com and read the study on why there is no rapture. I refute EVERY scripture the rapture teachers try to use for this fable. Jesus will be bring His tabernacle down out of Heaven:

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Those who are caught up are at the very end..these are the two witnesses that are caught up in a cloud:

Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
Rev 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

There is no rapture. People who are unprepared for His arrival will be ashamed at His coming:

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

1Jn 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

New Jerusalem is brought down out of Heaven before the plagues because He will rule from there during time of judgment which is the trumpets. Again, there is no rapture...Jesus will be in Jerusalem ruling not some 'antichrist' figure!

Isa 24:23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

It happens at the start of the sixth seal:

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Again, please go to the website www.thepowerofgraceministries.com and read the studies they are very detailed and easy to understand. Again, sorry for gettin' your blood pressure up !

God Bless!
T/C

Grace is something that is beyond my understanding. I am still working out why God loves me.

The riches of Grace is never ending and a life long process of growth. Jesus is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him! The beauty of grace is that we can grow in Him until the day he returns or we die...If you come to understand Grace as the Holy Spirit, then you can see how Grace is a comforter, a helper, a source of strength, a witness for us,
a healer, a protector, a spiritual weapon against the enemy..and much more! That is why Grace is sufficient because it is the power of Christ!

2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

That is why you can do all things through Christ:

Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

Col 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
Col 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
Col 1:11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

God Bless and may Grace continue in your heart!

T/C

Back