The Truth

The Truth

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

W.E. Vines Bible Dictionary says this "truth," is used (a) objectively, signifying "the reality lying at the basis of an appearance; the manifested, veritable essence of a matter"
the truth of God" is indicative of His faithfulness in the fulfillment of His promises as exhibited in Christ; the word has an absolute force in John 14:6; 17:17; 18:37, 38; in Eph. 4:21, "truth," not merely verbal, but sincerity and integrity of character.

Have you ever stopped to consider that without absolute truth we could have not have absolute confidence? You might be saying what do you mean. I mean that if we could not have absolute assurance in something, then we could have not have confident expectation of that which we are wanting to see come to pass. That is what assurance is, isn't it, confidence that what we believe is the truth, and the truth is absolute and unchangeable. It is something that you can put your full and complete trust in. Knowing something to be truth gives you the ability to put your complete trust and reliance in it.

Have you ever known somebody that was not truthful, who would say what ever was convenient? They say they will do something at a certain time, but very rarely would show up to do what they said they would do. I’m not talking about circumstances prevented them from doing what they said they would do, I’m talking about this is a habit with them. You know you can have no confidence that they will do what they said they would do. As a matter of fact, you might have more confidence that they will not do what they said they will do.

We live in a world that is very much like this. You see and hear this kind of thing all the time, and many have lost their ability to believe or have confidence in any thing because they have been lied to so many times. I want to tell you, God is not like that. What He said is true 100 percent of the time, not just occasionally or when it is convenient but always.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth, and comes from God the Father.

John 15:26 "But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.

We can have complete trust and complete confidence in Him.
I heard a story about this Christian who lied to another Christian because they felt like they could not handle the truth. God is never like that. He will never lie. Lying never helps us or protects us. Just the opposite is true. It is the truth, and knowing the truth is what will make us free. You will never catch the Lord telling you a little white lie trying to spare your feeling. He will only speak the truth. Aren’t you glad? We can have absolute confidence that what He said will come to pass. This is the basis of our faith, this is how we know, and have full assurance. This is the beginning of being free. You first have to know the truth, and in knowing the truth, you shall be made free. Glory. If we have no confidence in what truth really is, how are we ever going to know and have assurance and have a basis for our faith. The answer to that is, we cannot. God is faithful to always honor His Word, and He wants us to be able to have complete trust in Him. The writer of Hebrews said He who comes to God must believe that He is, and He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (Heb:11:6.)

John 8:32 "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.''

God is truth. Nothing that is outside of the truth can make us free, ever!! Truth is truth, and there is no in between. There is no such thing as a little white lie. It is either the truth or not. Coming to an understanding of this will greatly help us to receive guidance and correction. Truth is what puts us on the right path and leads us away from destruction, if we will not receive it, how can God help us?

We live in a society that doesn’t want to receive any kind of correction at all. We are often more afraid of hurting someone’s feelings, than we are in seeing them set free.
We don’t have to be blunt and deliberately go out of our way to say things unflattering or derogatory, I’m certainly not talking about that, but we don’t have to lie either.

Because of this attitude, many people can never come an understanding of the truth. It is contradictory to what they have chosen to believe. They won’t accept that God’s Word is true, they choose to believe the circumstances instead. Many will believe their circumstances as the truth when it is contradictory to God’s Word and will say, see there, God’s Word doesn’t work. The truth is it didn’t work for them because they chose to believe a lie instead of the truth. I realize this sounds hard, but if we truly want to grow up then we have to understand this is the way God is. He is truth and can not lie.

Numbers 23:19 "God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

Jesus is the manifested Word of God, full of grace and truth. We can always trust Him.
We ourselves have to walk this way if we want to be able to have confidence and assurance in, and believe that what God says is true, and will come to pass. You might say well what does that have to do with it, I thought we only had to have confidence in God and His Word. We do, but let me ask you this. If you are prone to speaking little white lies, then you know your words are not going to come to pass, how then are you ever going to have confidence that God’s words will come to pass? It erodes your faith and confidence in God and His word, when you won’t speak the truth. You can't have confidence or assurance in God or His Word when you are constantly speaking lies. People who are like this are double minded and are in a constant state of confusion and never really come to an understanding of the truth. Our society wants to say there are no absolutes, do what you want, say what you want, but this is totally opposite of what God’s Word has to say.

Jesus taught His disciples about believing their own words. He gave them and all who will listen, a lesson in believing and seeing the promises of God fulfilled. Lets read…

Mark 11:12 Now the next day, when they had come out from Bethany, He was hungry.
13. And seeing from afar a fig tree having leaves, He went to see if perhaps He would find something on it. And when He came to it, He found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season for figs.
14. In response Jesus said to it, "Let no one eat fruit from you ever again.'' And His disciples heard it.
20. Now in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.
21. And Peter, remembering, said to Him, "Rabbi, look! The fig tree which You cursed has withered away.''
22. So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God.
23. "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says.
24. "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
25. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.

Jesus response to Peter’s statement in vs. 21 was to make another statement. Have faith in God. Let’s pay attention to this. We are about to get a lesson from the Master on how to do that very thing. Christians are always saying I wish I had greater faith, but Jesus is showing us right here how we must obtain it. We have a tendency to ignore His instructions and just keep on praying God give me greater faith. If we won’t believe what He said, and act on it, how will we ever get the kind of faith we are praying for? The truth is we can't. We can only get this kind of faith by doing what He said. We know that what He said is true, and therefor we can act on it with assurance.

Jesus said an incredible thing in vs. 23. He said if we say something, and have no doubt in our heart, but believe what we say will come to pass, then we will have whatever we say.
My question is this, did Jesus really mean if we believed that what we said would come to pass then we would have what we said? Is it possible He misspoke? No, He never misspoke. He is truth, what He said is the unshakable Word of God. We can believe Him.

Jesus said if we believe what we say will come to pass, then we will have what we say. This is not mans teaching, Jesus said it. He is truth, what He said is truth, we have to get this settled if we ever want to gain a level of confidence and see our faith develop. If we want to walk in the miraculous then we have to do what the Word of God says. These are the instructions we have to follow.

We have to believe what we say, or what we say will not come to pass. Can we believe what we say, when half the time what we say is a lie. The answer is no. It won’t happen. These are the instructions given by Jesus the master teacher in having faith in God. They will work if we will but apply them! We as Christians should always speak the truth, we can start to develop confidence that the words we speak are going to come to pass by speaking the truth always. We have to make the choice and choose to believe that God’s Word is true and He is faithful to fulfill His promises. If we will dare to believe, and have confidence that what we say will come to pass we can see the miraculous. I have proven this to be true in my own life, and challenge all to do the same.

The CHRIST and the SON of the living God

When I read the following:

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

When I read the foregoing verses, I began to inquire whether people professing to know Jesus came only "from flesh and blood," and not "by the revelation of the Father," when they indicate their recognitions of Jesus:

Some say, "Jesus is only a man and not God"
Others say, "Jesus is only a mighty for there is a supreme or Almighty God"
Still others say, "Jesus Christ is the name of the Father and the Holy Ghost"
We and many people say, "Jesus is both God and man and He is the second person of the Trinity.

When I read the following:

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

When I read the foregoing verses, I began to inquire whether people professing to know Jesus came only "from flesh and blood," and not "by the revelation of the Father," when they indicate their recognitions of Jesus:

Some say, "Jesus is only a man and not God"
Others say, "Jesus is only a mighty for there is a supreme or Almighty God"
Still others say, "Jesus Christ is the name of the Father and the Holy Ghost"
We and many people say, "Jesus is both God and man and He is the second person of the Trinity.

Some are so blinded by the lies of Satan that they cannot tell the difference between the Truth and the lies. Satan is a liar and the father of lies (John 8:44). It is the devils desire to stop people from hearing what the Truth is, because he likes it when people are under his captivity. Satan knows that the Truth shall set these people free (John 8:32). Everyone who does not hear what God has to tell them belongs to Satan (John 8:47).

We have all been tricked by Satan and freed by Jesus. It's our duty to share the Light of the World (John 8:12) with our friends and expose them to the Truth by praying and sharing with them the Gospel of Jesus Christ. :) When the Word abides in us, we reflect our God's Light(Matthew 5:14). Share the Light so that darkness does not prevail!

pluggedin1215wh5.png

Back