The Trying of Trails

The Trying of Trails

Judges 2:22) That through them I may prove Israel, whether they will keep the way of the Lord to walk therein, as their fathers did kept it, or not.

The world is a trail. To live in a world filled with spiritual corruption and where immorality runs ramped, yet holdfast the disciplines given to us by God, that is what we are called to do, nothing more nor anything less, but to do the will of God. “Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man”. Yet in today’s world many have lost this integrity, this mind set. Because they got distracted, or worried, or focused on worldly things which will not last nor be forever. “the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat
and the sinfulness, the pride, the vanity will all depart with it. Who shall stand? The ungodly won’t. “But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men”. So who will make it? Only those in obedience to God, “But he that doth the will of God abideth for ever”. “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.” So this is more then just saying I believe, but rather applying the faith to our lives and letting it become part of us.

Anyone can say but how many will do? “For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified”, but if we keep sinning and transgressing, how would we be doers because “whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all”. This is why a person who is a transgressor can not abide in Christ. “Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not”; this is said for a reason. Presumptuous sin and despising to word go hand and hand together. “To be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace”. Doesn’t the carnal mind symbolize rebellion and disobedience in its entirety? Prominence and obedience are together one in the same, meaning that obedience is critical above all things. It is when someone chooses to sin rather than to fight temptation, that the aspect of the carnal mind appears. “Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh”. Who submitting to the ways of the flesh can prosper when the scripture says “they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lust”; Spiritually anyone who therefore in any way lives are the flesh does not abide in Christ, period. The flesh is the way of the world but the Spiritual way of the Spirit is of God. Can two mix spirit and flesh when it says “For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit”? No, simply no, for how can one mix life with death or have obedience and disobedience at the same time? There are two roads, but you can’t be on both. Two sections without an intersection.

1Pe 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Psa 119:71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.
Psa 119:72 The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.
Psa 119:73 JOD. Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.
Psa 119:74 They that fear thee will be glad when they see me; because I have hoped in thy word.
Psa 119:75 I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.

Back