The two thieves on their cross at the calvary

To me this shows what was in their heart.
One humbled himself, admitted his wrongs, and believed on Jesus so He was saved. The other remained proud and sarcastic. He was a lost soul.
Two people who were guilty of the same thing, meeting the same person, seeing the same thing, yet it affected them so differently. Everyone could answer, "which one would you be?"

I just answered in a general way since you didn't say specifically what you were asking for. Or you can explain further if you wish and I'll reply :)

chilisig.gif
That's where I am

They where both guilty.
But.
One admitted he deserved judgement.
That the wrongs he had done where exactly that, Wrong.
He declared Jesus Right. And declare the judgement upon Him as being unjust.
He asked to be remembered by Jesus when He went into His Kingdom. He said this knowing that Jesus was going to die, so he believed in the resurrection and believed in the kingdom. By his words he made the door of the Grace of the Messiah Jesus open to him.

And Jesus gave him assurance of that grace and salvation.
biggrin.png
He was forgiven and saved at that very moment.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

He said this knowing that Jesus was going to die, so he believed in the resurrection and believed in the kingdom. By his words he made the door of the Grace of the Messiah Jesus open to him.

Thats an important point to remember, because we must believe in the resurrection to be saved, not just that He died.

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

oh i want to be humble!

i will only only only boast to God? is that right? :D hehe

Appreciate your talents. Being humble doesn't mean you can't feel good about yourself. Self-esteem is not the same as pride. Both come from a recognition of your own talents and qualities, but pride, the kind of pride that leans toward arrogance, is rooted in insecurity about yourself. Think about the abilities you have, and be thankful for them

Conduct an honest evaluation of yourself. Honesty with yourself is the best policy. If you know you are weak in a certain area, your enemies will not be able to have that power over you. Accept yourself as you are

If you know you are weak in a certain area, your enemies will not be able to have that power over you. Accept yourself as you are

May I add something to this.
Paul said when I am weak I am strong. He relied on the strength and power of GOD, not his own strength. When we do this , then we are victorious over the enemy

Paul said when I am weak I am strong. He relied on the strength and power of GOD, not his own strength. When we do this , then we are victorious over the enemy
Exactly!! Very good addition Godspeaks. Thanks
Chili out

To me this shows what was in their heart.
One humbled himself, admitted his wrongs, and believed on Jesus so He was saved. The other remained proud and sarcastic. He was a lost soul.
Two people who were guilty of the same thing, meeting the same person, seeing the same thing, yet it affected them so differently. Everyone could answer, "which one would you be?"

I just answered in a general way since you didn't say specifically what you were asking for. Or you can explain further if you wish and I'll reply :)

"The one shall be taken, the other shall be left behind."

exactly .. self esteem (esteeming self) is bad .. it is taking God's glory ..
that is taking the credit for what God has done in you ..
all that is good in me, was accomplished by God ..
and that which I did not fight against ..

through admitting my weakness that nothing good in me being of my accomplishment, is what makes you strong ..

Last edited:
Back