The Unforgivable Sin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Unforgivable Sin

Sorry, but this is bothering me to the point that I can't even enjoy Sunday services. I'm very frightened and scared. As you all know I have returned to Jesus, but before I did, I was extremely irreverant and blasphemous and I worry that I might even said things about the Holy Spirit that I shouldn't have (what the bible said was the unforgivable sin)

If all sins were forgiven at the cross, why is this sin still called the unforgivable sin?

If someone did commit this sin, why couldn't they receive forgiveness if they were truely sorry and repented?

Guilt from my past and my constant worry prevents me from enjoying salvation. It's a terrifying feeling. But I was saved when I was 10 years old and I feel the power of God working in me when I calm down and I feel safe for the time.

But if anyone who knows a great deal about the bible and knows what I'm talking about could help me, I'd really appreicate it.

Don't worry Jeremy, Paul persecuted the Christian faith too, and he was saved in the end.

The unforgivable sin isn't just about the things you say (about the Holy Spirit). It is being blasphemous towards the Holy Spirit even when you know the truth.

This sin is called the unforgivable sin because such a man will not have the desire to repent. But if you are truly sorry and have repented, rest assured that all your sins are washed away on the cross.

This is just my two cents, I hope other brothers and sisters who have more in depth Bible knowledge will come to explain about this under this thread too.

Don't worry, Jeremy, you are indeed redeemed!

That's what worries me. because when I was being blasphemous, I didn't have a conscious and I knew who God was because I was saved before I went down that road. I slowly slipped away because I began to stay out of church, buy demonic records etc.

But that instance I thought I was going to die, I came back to the Lord. I just worried that it was too late.

The unforgivable sin is all about the refusal to be saved again. As long as you're willing to be saved and you're sincere about repenting and accepting Jesus' lordship in your life, you don't have to worry about that.

It just confuses me. Because I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior when I was 10 years old. And I was always taught Eternal Security.

Once saved always saved. When you come to know Christ as your savior, you are born into the family of God. And the Holy Spirit comes into you and saves you and seals you. Our names are written in the book of life. Therefore when we believe in Jesus Christ as savior and what He did for us, we will always be saved. It is the belief that it is impossible for one to become unsaved, because that would be an undoing of everything that took place, which would be impossible.

I've read a lot of discussions on this 'once saved, always saved' concept, but people never seem to come to a conclusion. Does a person actually fall out of salvation? If he seemingly does, was it because he was never saved in the first place? Please respond, brothers and sisters.

As for Jeremy, did you mean that you blasphemied against the Holy Spirit after being saved? If you did, maybe you should consider if you were really saved before (when you were 10).

But the most important thing is, you're saved now and you truly repent from your sins and accept Jesus into your life... Don't let these doubts and worries make you stumble.

Well, I was new to the faith. I was still a child growing spiritually. I let temptation get the best of me, and eventually, I took things a step further, continuing down the road, out of my faith and into Satanism and Irreverance, etc... I'm not proud of it at all, but it's the only way I can let people see my point of view on the terrible things I've said and done.

I just can't enjoy the peace and joy that comes with Salvation because I'm constantly worried. Especially about the unforgivable sin.

I desire forgivness to the point of tears. I want to feel joy and peace inside me again. But I'm scared that I can't get it now. I want to be with Jesus.

can't find the peace I had, and I'm afraid that maybe it's because of the things I've done. I know I don't deserve salvation, but I am so very sorry for the things I've done and I want it so bad.

Brother Jeremy, as long as this desire is in your heart there is a chance for you. Cast away your doubts and experience the joy of salvation! You are born again! All that is past is already past.

everybodys fear is saying something wrong which they dont mean.God is big you know he does understand ,if you repent sincerely im sure you will be forgiven.he knows were up against a lot here and understands.you will be ok stop worrying.

Sylvanus said:
Jeremy: I totally 100% agree with mustardseed.

For me, it's not the unforgivable sin that worries me, but all the compond of the little ones.

You will never have peace if you will not accept the gift of God's forgiveness. Ever.

I know that this following subject is not very popular, but I'll have a go at it anyway, and this is only my personal thoughts. I will say that because this is the 4th thread you are opening of this very subject and no resolution seems to have emerged from them. Not that it is wrong to do so, but your trouble seem to be heavy enough for you to have done that, and so burdensom that it is destroying your relationship with our Creator and Saviour.

Have you ever considered re-baptism?

This is one way you can put your rebellion in the past once and for all, having had your conscience cleansed. It is not something I ever recommended before, but it is not either the first time it would have happened (even in Scripture).

Let me put it in context, even if with a little stretch:

The Christian body is considered in the Scriptures as the temple of God. OK. In the past, it has happened that the need was there to rededicate the Holy Jewish Temple back to God, because the satanic spirit of rebelion had entered it, or that of paganism. The whole had to be recleansed and restored to it's former glory.

I would assert that on rare occasion, and only once in a life-time, the rededication of a person back to God is needed, and I believe it might be your case, for the sake of your salvation, and that of others who have witnessed your life.

Speak to your pastor, and if it is agreable to him, set a date for your re-dedication through baptism. Start life afresh, give it a new beginning, letting the things of the past in the past, and in God's forgiveness. But do not forget: It is not you who have taken practical action for your salvation, it is God who would have allowed you it. Then go for it, live the life of a fully forgiven sheep, full of thanks and praise toward such a merciful Father.

Thank you. I have rededicated my life to the Lord as soon as I saw the mistakes I had made in my years I spent astray. I might consider the re-baptism, because I was talking it over with my grandparents. I do need to accept God's forgivness. It's just, in my mind, I keep wondering if I am forgiven.

But I have tried talking to the people I've had an influence over in the past, when I was being blasphemous, and good has came from it. I have my brother going to church now, etc.

It's going to take time, I suppose. For me to grow and learn. But I think I can do it. I never doubted that I was saved, because I know in my heart that when I was 10 years old, I accepted Jesus Christ to be my personal savior. I was raised in a very Christian family, so I knew that I needed Jesus at a very young age. It was my teenage years of rebellion that I worried about - when I was astray and rejecting my faith, etc...

But I believe in eternal security. And you guys have been very helpful to me. I'm sorry I continue to ask questions about this, but the constant wonder and fear really gets to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back