The Ungodly Are Like Chaff in the Wind = Job 21;17-18, Psalm 35;5, Luke 3;16-17

The Ungodly Are Like Chaff in the Wind = Job 21;17-18, Psalm 35;5, Luke 3;16-17

Chaff Definition:
Chopped hay & straw, worthless things, trash, waste.

Job 21;17-18

How oft is the candle of the wicked put out! And how oft cometh their destruction upon them! God distributeth sorrows in His anger. They are as stubble before the wind, and as chaff that the storm carrieth away.

Psalm 1;4-5

The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

Psalm 35;5

Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the LORD chase them.

Isaiah 5;23-24

Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him! Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.

Matthew 3;11-12

I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but He that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear. He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire; Whose fan is in His hand, and He will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Luke 3;16-17

John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose. He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire; Whose fan is in His hand, and He will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff He will burn with fire unquenchable.

AMEN

Back