The Ways Of All Mankind

Friday, September 06, 2013, 3:55 a.m. – the Lord Jesus woke me with the song “Return to Me” playing in my mind. Speak, Lord, your words to my heart. I read Jeremiah 32 (NIV): http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah%2032&version=NIV

Your Eyes are Open

“…I prayed to the Lord:

“Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you. You show love to thousands but bring the punishment for the parents’ sins into the laps of their children after them. Great and mighty God, whose name is the Lord Almighty, great are your purposes and mighty are your deeds. Your eyes are open to the ways of all mankind; you reward each person according to their conduct and as their deeds deserve. You performed signs and wonders in Egypt and have continued them to this day, in Israel and among all mankind, and have gained the renown that is still yours. You brought your people Israel out of Egypt with signs and wonders, by a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with great terror. You gave them this land you had sworn to give their ancestors, a land flowing with milk and honey. They came in and took possession of it, but they did not obey you or follow your law; they did not do what you commanded them to do. So you brought all this disaster on them.

The deliverance of God’s people out of the hands of Egypt and the leading of them into the Promised Land is a prefiguring of our salvation by God’s grace, through faith. God the Father provided us with the sacrificial Lamb required to take away our sins. He sent his Son Jesus Christ into the world to save sinners. He died on the cross for our sins, was resurrected from the dead, and then ascended to the Father. When he died, our sins were crucified with him; they were buried with him, and he conquered them via his resurrection.

The people of Israel had to obey God by applying the blood to their doorposts so that when the angel passed over, they would be spared the death of their firstborn sons. Then, they had to obey God by leaving their lives of slavery behind them, and by following God into the Promised Land. But, many disobeyed and they never did enter God’s rest, because of their unbelief. We, too, must believe and have faith in Jesus Christ if we want to enter into salvation by God’s grace, and have eternal life with God the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ. And, that faith requires that we leave our old lives of slavery to sin behind us and that we follow Jesus Christ in obedience and surrender to his will for our lives (See Lu. 9:23-25; Eph. 4:17-24; Rom. 6; 1 John; Gal. 2:20). Yet, many have disobeyed.

God knows who are genuinely his and who are not; who are walking in obedience to him, and who are just faking their Christianity; who are walking in truth, and who are liars and deceivers; and who are his by faith but who have drifted away from their pure devotion to Jesus Christ. His eyes are open to all our ways. We may be able to deceive other humans, but we can’t fool God.

The Lord Jesus is giving me a picture this morning of some of these ways that he can see but that are hidden from the eyes of many of us. I believe he is giving me a picture of the US government this morning in relation to this situation in Syria. We, the U.S.A. are not innocent in this matter, though we claim to be. We are not just, pure, “Christian,” et al, in our motives and objectives for going into this other nation and in striking them militarily. We may give off an image of being humanitarian and Christian, but it is a flimsy and superficial cover for our own greed and degradation. I believe the Lord Jesus has shown me personally that what we are doing in these other nations is not humanitarian, but is vile acts of taking the lives of the innocent, and in particular the murdering of followers of Jesus Christ – his true servants and witnesses. So, that makes our government anti-Christian, not Christian. And, that means they are also liars and deceivers of the worst kind; and betrayers of the trust given them.

They are not who they say they are. Our government is really not of the people, by the people and for the people, but is of the New World (Global) Order, and they go by international law (the law of the beast), not the law of this land. And, they will hand their own people over to the beast and will desert us in a heartbeat when the time is right. What is reported in the news is mostly lies and deceptions. We can’t trust our leaders to tell us the truth, and what is going on with this G20 is happening behind closed doors, so we don’t even know what is going on there, but I believe these are some of the heads of this New World Order, i.e. this global coalition.

The fact that our government is even considering a military strike against this other nation shows that they are not listening to God. Yet, all is mixed with lies and deception so that we don’t even know what is real and what is not. TV news alone provides us with a blending of acting and reality so that it is difficult to know when one begins and the other ends. Our politicians are just professional paid actors. We can’t trust the lot of them. And, America will pay for the sins of her “fathers.”

The Judgment of God

“See how the siege ramps are built up to take the city. Because of the sword, famine and plague, the city will be given into the hands of the Babylonians who are attacking it. What you said has happened, as you now see. And though the city will be given into the hands of the Babylonians, you, Sovereign Lord, say to me, ‘Buy the field with silver and have the transaction witnessed.’”

Then the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah: “I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me? Therefore this is what the Lord says: I am about to give this city into the hands of the Babylonians and to Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, who will capture it. The Babylonians who are attacking this city will come in and set it on fire; they will burn it down, along with the houses where the people aroused my anger by burning incense on the roofs to Baal and by pouring out drink offerings to other gods.

“The people of Israel and Judah have done nothing but evil in my sight from their youth; indeed, the people of Israel have done nothing but arouse my anger with what their hands have made, declares the Lord. From the day it was built until now, this city has so aroused my anger and wrath that I must remove it from my sight. The people of Israel and Judah have provoked me by all the evil they have done—they, their kings and officials, their priests and prophets, the people of Judah and those living in Jerusalem. They turned their backs to me and not their faces; though I taught them again and again, they would not listen or respond to discipline. They set up their vile images in the house that bears my Name and defiled it. They built high places for Baal in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to sacrifice their sons and daughters to Molek, though I never commanded—nor did it enter my mind—that they should do such a detestable thing and so make Judah sin.

I believe very much so that God is promising judgment on our nation for the sins of our leaders, but also because so much of the church has neglected their faith in Jesus Christ, and is in grave danger of dying off altogether (like the church in Ephesus who had forsaken her first love, or like the church in Thyatira who tolerated a spirit of immorality among them, or like the church of Sardis which had a reputation of being alive but was mostly dead, or like the church in Laodicea which was lukewarm and complacent). So, God will do what he must to revive his church here in America and to bring us back into an obedient and submissive relationship with him. He will gather other nations against us, i.e. this New World Order, and we will no longer be the nation we once were.

I Will Bring Them Back

“You are saying about this city, ‘By the sword, famine and plague it will be given into the hands of the king of Babylon’; but this is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: I will surely gather them from all the lands where I banish them in my furious anger and great wrath; I will bring them back to this place and let them live in safety. They will be my people, and I will be their God. I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me and that all will then go well for them and for their children after them. I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me. I will rejoice in doing them good and will assuredly plant them in this land with all my heart and soul…

I believe very much that the Lord Jesus has been showing me that this judgment on our nation will result in spiritual revival of the church here, which is what the church needs. This is also perfectly consistent with prophecy of scripture in Isaiah concerning these last days before Jesus’ return. From this judgment of God I believe many people will be saved, too, and will flock to Jesus Christ, to his salvation and to the true church, Zion, the New Jerusalem. And, this encourages my heart, not that judgment must come to awaken us, but that good will come from it in the life of the church and in the salvation of souls.

Return to Me / An Original Work / September 5, 2013

Based off Jeremiah 31; Cf. Rev. 2-3

I have loved you with an eternal love,
Which I give to you, in my faithfulness.

Keep your voice from weeping,
And your eyes from tearing.
You will be rewarded
With much fruitfulness.

There is hope for you that My family
Will return to Me; live in victory!

Though I discipline in My love for you,
My heart longs for you that you walk in truth.

Turn your thoughts to your Lord.
Choose to walk in His ways.
Turn from your sins daily.
Follow Jesus Christ.

Oh, how long will you wander in your sin?
Give your hearts to Me; be restored within.

I will satisfy ev’ry weary soul
Who repents of sin; is renewed within.

Behold, days are coming;
It will surely happen;
Though I discipline them,
They will thrive again.

I will be their One and their Only God.
They shall walk in white; be in Me, made right.

http://youtu.be/91xBpsLAdZ4

Back