The why aspect of a living sacrifice

The why aspect of a living sacrifice

Romans 12:1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.

Why?

God before time, at the beginning of time stood to declare words that have come to pass, that shall not return unto Him empty or void. With the lips of God, the earth, the heavens, the land, the sky, and the seas, and all life came to be. Had it not been for our loving Creator, we would not be here today, none of us would be here at all. He is the source of creation, of all that came to be. He is glorious and arrayed with Holiness. He is flawless and perfect in every way. His beauty and His pureness exceeds and excels all things in heaven and on Earth. The magnitude of His knowledge is unsearchable, as deep as the sea, as vast as the skies. His mercy is exceedingly great despite the grave erroneous ways of mankind, and of our ways

Psalm 103:10) He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

Even though we all deserve hell and to spend all eternity there burning away, melting like wax figurines, God (Ephesians 2:5) “Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ , (by grace ye are saved;)” and (Romans 6:23) “the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” God did not say, everyone who wants to be saved, pay such and such amount, why because what our Lord did for us on that cross giving His life for us, while we were in sins, while we were yet sinners, worthy of damnation, is priceless and holds more value than the finest rubies or the twinkling and glitter of the greatest diamonds. All riches imported, gathered in one collective mass accumulate to nothing when compared to the sacrifice in which of Lord gave.

Romans 5:7) For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

Romans 5:8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

We have all fallen tremendously short of the glory of God. Before a perfectly righteous and just God, even one sin is a grave and deadly thing. There is not one of us who can honestly say, I deserve eternal life.

Romans 3:23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God

Now ponder the magnitude, because we have all broken every law that God has made and has spoken as it is written (James 2:10) “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.” And despite our huge short coming, we have been brought into a relationship with Christ. Again, this precious gift was offered to us freely and without cost. Why? God’s love wherewith He loved us was so great, that He was willing to crush His only begotten son Jesus Christ for us. Isaiah 53:10) “But the LORD was pleased To crush Him”. If God were to put a price on the death of His son, we would all not be able to buy it; salvation, nor for that matter is something we can earn with any amount of works.

Ephesians 2:

8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

It is priceless, with such immense and richness in value, He … died … for…us. Liberated now through Christ Jesus, shall we live unto ourselves perpetually and constantly thinking, me, me, me, me? Or shall we live rather continually to please the Lord our God, Jesus Christ, who died for us, resurrected, and is seated in glory at the right hand of God the Father? This is the why aspect, a drop of the immense reasons why we should live for God, to present our bodies, our being, unto Him in a manner holy and acceptable. He deserves every fiber of our being.

Even though we all deserve hell and to spend all eternity there burning away, melting like wax figurines, God (Ephesians 2:5) “Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ , (by grace ye are saved;)” and (Romans 6:23) “the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” God did not say, everyone who wants to be saved, pay such and such amount, why because what our Lord did for us on that cross giving His life for us, while we were in sins, while we were yet sinners, worthy of damnation, is priceless and holds more value than the finest rubies or the twinkling and glitter of the greatest diamonds. All riches imported, gathered in one collective mass accumulate to nothing when compared to the sacrifice in which of Lord gave.

Excellent post Cooper25. I don't think we will ever understand the true value of Jesus sacrifice until we actually stand before Him.

I once heard the following stated in a sermon downloaded from SermonAudio.com:
"If the value of something is determine by the price that is paid, the value of Jesus blood is Priceless," a value beyond that which can be appraised.

Good Day and God Bless

Back