The Will Of God .

Dusty

Inactive
The Will Of God .

This is a study from Boenerges ( Brother Larry ) and I think it is very important and very well done . People always ask what is the will of God for my life. But unless we know what the will of God is how can we ask ?

Ever wonder what the will of God is - Jesus defined it for us:

Joh 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
Joh 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Joh 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

How about the work of God- again Jesus defines it for us:

Joh 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Joh 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

God's will for our life is for us to be completely and totally saved , delivered and set free!
God's work is for us to come to a place of total faith and confidence in Christ- such a faith will produce a heart open to the things of God and bring us to the place of " greater works than these" that Jesus promised. It is important to realize that the works are the results of true faith and not the basis for our salvation.

Heavenly Father help us to see with spiritual eyes, help us to know your heart and understand the greatness of your love so that we might share it with others around us. Help us to cast down every thought that seperates us from knowing you intimately- help us to be changed everyday as we behold your glory, thank you for always hearing- in Jesus Name Amen

John 15:6-8 6 If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. 5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

THe branch draws it's vitality and life from the vine . So every fruit that is lasting will have its origin in the work of Christ expressed though us as we abide in Him

We live every day in love for Him and obedience and dependence on Him so that He is the origin and power of what we do .

This is following the will of God and when we follow His will , we will find His will envelopes everything that we live for and do . When we are in the will of God we don't have to ask " What is God's will for my life?' It will become evident .. You will not find the will of God outside the Word of God . That is our source and our finding His will .

THe Christ's will becomes our will and God becomes the initiator of what we do .

Living in His will becomes a reflection of what God is doing . THen anything we ask in Jesus name will be given because they are His ideas in the first place and what pleases us will be that which pleases God.

OUr sufficency in is Christ alone and apart from Him we can do nothing ..... Did you hear me , I repeat NOTHING.

Lord, help me to heed your every word ,
Commands that I have read of heard ,

As you reveal your will each day
Help me to follow and obey
- Fitzhugh

comments011.jpg

You will not find the will of God outside the Word of God . That is our source and our finding His will .

That's how we stay safe. Those who get outside His Word or put anyone or anything higher than the scriptures can get into error and be led astray

We obey God and when He is ready, He will show us what He wants of us. And by following Him and obeying Him and His word, He shapes our lives.

I am seeing God shape my life and I have seen what the devils plan also was for my life. I have seen both sides of the coin. Both God and the devil have a plan for your life. Stay with God, trust me if you get outside of God even for a moment the devil will come and snatch you up like a bird snatches up it's prey. The worm doesn't even see the bird coming until it's too late.

God has such high plans for all of you.

We obey God and when He is ready, He will show us what He wants of us. And by following Him and obeying Him and His word, He shapes our lives.

I am seeing God shape my life and I have seen what the devils plan also was for my life. I have seen both sides of the coin. Both God and the devil have a plan for your life.

Yes thats true. We choose to continue to follow the Lord with all our heart.

Jeremiah 29:11 - 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Ooh, I never read Jeremiah. And I can't yet. God wants me to stay on the new testament. Same with my fiancee. I was in the book of Numbers when I had to stop and move back to the new testament. I'm so glad i did too.

That's what he need to learn first. Book of John, the epistles which are to letters to the church, then the others. Those are good basics to learn first.

Then when you study and OT you interpret it by the New because much of the new, if you look at the vereses thye reference, it shows it quotes the OT verses, such as prophecies. It points forward to the time Jesus will come altho it doesn't mention Him by name

That's what he need to learn first. Book of John, the epistles which are to letters to the church, then the others. Those are good basics to learn first.

Then when you study and OT you interpret it by the New because much of the new, if you look at the vereses thye reference, it shows it quotes the OT verses, such as prophecies. It points forward to the time Jesus will come altho it doesn't mention Him by name
I finished reading the new testament and went back to the old but got booted back to the new testament again. It's good though. reading over the new testament multiple times (read Matthew 3 times now) I've found things I never have noticed before. (like John the Baptist being Elijah, Jesus' specific reasoning for healing and more understanding of the parables, etc...)

God shows me things nearly every time I read. (I'm getting into the habit of asking God if there is anything He wants me to see while I read to show me.)

I finished reading the new testament and went back to the old but got booted back to the new testament again. It's good though. reading over the new testament multiple times (read Matthew 3 times now) I've found things I never have noticed before. (like John the Baptist being Elijah, Jesus' specific reasoning for healing and more understanding of the parables, etc...)

God shows me things nearly every time I read. (I'm getting into the habit of asking God if there is anything He wants me to see while I read to show me.)
John the baptist was like Elijah, in that it was a like ministry.
Elijah preached, "how long will you halt between two opinions? if God be the Mighty One, follow Him''.
Then John came along and preached of repentance and to prepare the way of the Lord. They both cryed out to the people to come the Lord.

Jesus spoke to the crowds in parable, but in secret he plainly told His disciples what He meant.

John the baptist was like Elijah, in that it was a like ministry.
Elijah preached, "how long will you halt between two opinions? if God be the Mighty One, follow Him''.
Then John came along and preached of repentance and to prepare the way of the Lord. They both cryed out to the people to come the Lord.

Jesus spoke to the crowds in parable, but in secret he plainly told His disciples what He meant.
Malachi 4:5-6
"Behold, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the Lord. He will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers, so that I will not come and smite the land with a curse."

Matthew 11:13-14
"For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John the Baptist.
And if you are willing to accept it, John himself is Elijah who was to come."

Matthew 17:10-13
And the disciples asked him, "Then why do the scribes say that first Elijah must come?" He answered, "Elijah does come, and he will restore all things. But I tell you that Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but did to him whatever they pleased. So also the Son of Man will certainly suffer at their hands." Then the disciples understood that he was speaking to them of John the Baptist.

I see it as this... God sent Elijah/John the Baptist to restore the hearts of everyone bringing people to repentance so that Jesus would not come to smite the destroy the world but He would come to save it. If God didn't send Elijah/John then the world would not have been ready for Jesus and Jesus would have came to smite destroy the world.

Yes I know those verses. But I don't think it was literally Elijah but was symbolic. He appeared with Moses on the mount of transfiguration talked to Jesus (Matthew 17:3) The disciples recognize Elijah and knew it wasn't John the Baptist. If it was really one and the same person, Elijah in John, that would be reincarnation and that doctrine is contrary to the Christian faith. :) Its a doctrine of the new age. When Elijah was taken up in the heavens the spirit of Elijah rested on Elisha, and in the same way the spirit of Elijah rested on John. Its the same spirit, authority and power of Elijah.

Yes I know those verses. But I don't think it was literally Elijah but was symbolic. He appeared with Moses on the mount of transfiguration talked to Jesus (Matthew 17:3) The disciples recognize Elijah and knew it wasn't John the Baptist. If it was really one and the same person, Elijah in John, that would be reincarnation and that doctrine is contrary to the Christian faith. :) Its a doctrine of the new age. When Elijah was taken up in the heavens the spirit of Elijah rested on Elisha, and in the same way the spirit of Elijah rested on John. Its the same spirit, authority and power of Elijah.
I am going to ponder on this for a bit.

Okay a question... What precisely and specifically would it mean that John had the spirit and power of Elijah? And another question... What could be the reason for him to dress identical as Elijah?
Reincarnation it says is against Old Testament law so this cannot be a reincarnation... But now I wonder about the clothing and reasons for it.

Elijah came as a forerunner speaking of the Messiah to come. He was called the Israel to repentence but they wouldn't listen.

Then John came and was a forerunner of Jesus, preaching to all the savior ( Messiah) is coming.
Jesus calls him John not Elijah. in Matt. 11:13 states: “For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John.” Since Elijah was a prophet then all before John included Elijah, and he had already come before him.
You even underline this yourself. Elijah ALREADY CAME before John did. This is a verse you quoted in your post:

And the disciples asked him, "Then why do the scribes say that first Elijah must come?" He answered, "Elijah does come, and he will restore all things. But I tell you that Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but did to him whatever they pleased. So also the Son of Man will certainly suffer at their hands." Then the disciples understood that he was speaking to them of John the Baptist.
They understood JOHN has the same function. If he was Elijah they'd call him that I believe. The Jewish beleived in the ressurection, not reincarnation. One day our bodies will be resurrection and we will go be with Jesus. If Elijah was in Johns body, then Elijah wouldn't have a body, but really each person has a body.

I thought you didn't study the OT. :) LOL
I mentioned above and you posted the verse. I think it was to help them recognized he had the spirit, ministry, function and power that Elijah had. They look so much at the natural. Some did believe and follow John, then Jesus. the first church was the Jewish people. Many didn't believe and they went to the Gentiles. John and even Jesus called them things like stiff necked and rebellious pharisees. They were just jealous of the postion and self righteous who would not humble themselves. So wanted John and Jesus to be killed

Elijah came as a forerunner speaking of the Messiah to come. He was called the Israel to repentence but they wouldn't listen.

Then John came and was a forerunner of Jesus, preaching to all the savior ( Messiah) is coming.
Jesus calls him John not Elijah. in Matt. 11:13 states: “For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John.” Since Elijah was a prophet then all before John included Elijah, and he had already come before him.
You even underline this yourself. Elijah ALREADY CAME before John did. This is a verse you quoted in your post:

They understood JOHN has the same function. If he was Elijah they'd call him that I believe. The Jewish beleived in the ressurection, not reincarnation. One day our bodies will be resurrection and we will go be with Jesus. If Elijah was in Johns body, then Elijah wouldn't have a body, but really each person has a body.
You seem angry...

Anyways, that doesn't really answer my question. If you notice my last post, I said that it can't be resurrection. I went to agree with you and you get angry...

My question was... What does it mean to be in the power and spirit of Elijah and what could be the reason to dress identical?

I did not ask this to cause doubt but I asked this so I could know and so it would not be confusing. I looked at a commentary and some scriptures on it along with your post which it makes sense for it to be not literally identical but similar. You shouldn't get mad when I go and say I will ponder on it and then decide to agree with you.

No no I'm not angry at all :) Thats why I been smiling :D I'm just talkin

The post above answers your other question about how he dressed. I thought I quoted your post but looks like I forgot to.

No matter if we agree or not we don't have to argue. Just giving my reason I believe this.

I don't study the Old Testament but it said on a site that I looked into to ponder this that reincarnation was against OT law.

Back