The Will Of God

• Thread starter Boanerges(Inactive)
  • Start date
B

Boanerges(Inactive)

The Will Of God

Ever wonder what the will of God is - Jesus defined it for us:

Joh 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
Joh 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Joh 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

How about the work of God- again Jesus defines it for us:
Joh 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Joh 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

God's will for our life is for us to be completely and totally saved , delivered and set free!
God's work is for us to come to a place of total faith and confidence in Christ- such a faith will produce a heart open to the things of God and bring us to the place of " greater works than these" that Jesus promised. It is important to realize that the works are the results of true faith and not the basis for our salvation.

Heavenly Father help us to see with spiritual eyes, help us to know your heart and understand the greatness of your love so that we might share it with others around us. Help us to cast down every thought that seperates us from knowing you intimately- help us to be changed everyday as we behold your glory, thank you for always hearing- in Jesus Name Amen

Back