The word and dependency

The word and dependency

2 Corinthians 6:7) By the word of truth, by the power of God, By the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left

By the word of truth- By the word of truth, God’s word we can have victory in our lives, overcoming sin and the enemy. But how can we do this if we lean to our own understanding? People in today’s world have butchered the truth of God with false teachings that pose a threat to the well being of the person hearing. People tend to stray from obedience to God which is the main key to success. Teaching people that living in sin is acceptable in any way is lying. Let’s face it, God called us to be free from sin, not to be living in it. This truth is illustrated all through out the Bible. “if ye love me, ye shall keep my commandments”, “this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments and his commandments are not grievous”, “O that there were such a heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always”. It is obvious that there is a high expectancy of obedience God wants from us. There is no in-between. How can one be obedient and disobedient at the same time? You can’t, but too many people act like they can and it will be acceptable in the eyes of God.

by the power of God - How many people don’t take in to account just how powerful God is. He has created the heavens and the earth, he parted the Rea Sea, tore down the walls of Jericho, set on fire mount Sinai at the entrance of his presence. How much more easily can He help us with our sin when we lean to him. A crumb off the plate, that’s what it is to God. Isaiah 41:28) Hast thou not known? Hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching his understanding)) People don’t realize just how powerful the grace of God is. Virtually wiping out presumptuous sin and sparking the influence of righteousness upon us at the same time. You either gain sin and lose righteousness, or you gain righteousness and lose sin, but you can’t live with both. “when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness” and when a person is enslaved to any from of presumptuous sin, how then can they be “servants of righteousness”. We aren’t perfect, but that never justifies sinful behavior. In Numbers 15, presumptuous sin was equated with despising the word, how much more does that apply in today’s crooked society were morality is rare and the element of righteousness, scarce, even shunned. Legalist, Legalist, people shout when some one brings up the straight truth of the Bible. People can’t and choose not to handle the truth but are willing to accept every other thing that crosses the ear vain jangling, babbling, its all the same, that which is not the truth of God and leads to destruction. Its easy to go there but it is hard to enter in to life. “through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God”, yet people think there is a shortcut or quick way to salvation, no, they are deceiving themselves. It takes discipline, pray, and focus toward God for guidance, in his word, in his truth, and in his way, not in yours or mine, and that is the error, when guidance and judgment come from our own heart which is “deceitful above all things”. So lean to God and not yourselves, this is the key, now open the door. Revelation 3:20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and him with me

"Lean to God and not yourselves" - that is sound advice. Ones own way and desire can be an idol if it is elevated over God's will for your life.

" People in today’s world have butchered the truth of God with false teachings that pose a threat to the well being of the person hearing"
Some do and some do not.

"How many people don’t take in to account just how powerful God is"
Some do and some do not.

Truthfully we desperately need to be in a place of complete submission to the Spirit of God daily as He leads us through life and reveals the Word to us.

Thanks for the post I enjoyed reading it.:)

5Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, "The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to obey the law of Moses."

6The apostles and elders met to consider this question. 7After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: "Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear? 11No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are." Acts 15:6-11

Romans 6:
Dead to Sin, Alive in Christ

1What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

5If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection. 6For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7because anyone who has died has been freed from sin.
8Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.
11In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. 14For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace. Slaves to Righteousness

15What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! 16Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted. 18You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.
19I put this in human terms because you are weak in your natural selves. Just as you used to offer the parts of your body in slavery to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer them in slavery to righteousness leading to holiness. 20When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness. 21What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death! 22But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. 23For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[b] Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ephesians 2:8-9

We are not to be a legalist, licscentious, nor self-righteous, but born again, made alive in Christ, and dead to sin. How you walk and are evidences as fruit.

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.

"Then he said to me, "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel saying, 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the LORD of hosts." Zechariah 4:6

"Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life." IICorinthians 3:6

"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh." Galatians 5:16

Back