The Word came from heaven to free people from sin!

Crikey, everyone seems to be getting very cross in this thread. I would like to add my 'ten pence worth'.

Yes we are free'd from previous sin. This is a good thing for me personally, as I am now enabled to move forward with my life into a good and Godly place. However, we are human beings, AND we continue to sin, often. But what we can do, is, stop, think about the sinful thing we did or said, ask forgiveness, and try very very hard not to do the same thing again. Or make some sort of reparation for what we have done.

And, ladies, if some guy makes a comment on the way you look, the best way to deal with that is to put him in his place with a quick comeback! It's not the end of the world if a bloke wolf-whistles. Really?
You would just flip them the bird? Is that what you mean?
No itS not the end of the world until find yourself getting raped. But yeah.

Joseph had to ward of Pharoah wife. She was persistent.

Repentence. Is not just trying very very hard but actually making up your mind not to commit sin. And commit yourself to righteousness instead. The Lord will help you, as you cant do it on your own. Hes already given you his spirit to help you walk in His ways.

Sep 3, 2009
Florida
Crikey, everyone seems to be getting very cross in this thread. I would like to add my 'ten pence worth'.

Yes we are free'd from previous sin. This is a good thing for me personally, as I am now enabled to move forward with my life into a good and Godly place. However, we are human beings, AND we continue to sin, often. But what we can do, is, stop, think about the sinful thing we did or said, ask forgiveness, and try very very hard not to do the same thing again. Or make some sort of reparation for what we have done.

And, ladies, if some guy makes a comment on the way you look, the best way to deal with that is to put him in his place with a quick comeback! It's not the end of the world if a bloke wolf-whistles. Really?
Well said!

Nov 21, 2016
UK
In the words of the late, great Andy Williams "The boys watch the girls while the girls watch the boys who watch the girls go by". And so it has been since the beginning of time. Except nowadays they all seem to have their eyes glued to their phones. Which is more worrying?

Amens/Likes: Big Moose
In the words of the late, great Andy Williams "The boys watch the girls while the girls watch the boys who watch the girls go by". And so it has been since the beginning of time. Except nowadays they all seem to have their eyes glued to their phones. Which is more worrying?
I think its best to have your eyes fixed heavenward on Jesus.
When Jesus saves us he opens our eyes to scripture and also to love others, he takes lust and coveting out of our hearts.

There is a big huge difference between looking at others bodies and outward appearance lustfully and looking at others and seeing their hearts and souls.

Many people judge others on what they look like, their outward appearance. BUt God looks on the heart. Check out 1 Samuel 16:7

Also remember Jesus was not much to look at. He was ordinary son of man. The girls did not chase after him for his body. He showed them much more.

If the phones have Bibles on them..all good. We all connected now, and we can call a friend when we in danger. See we may be tempted but God always gives us a way to escape. In the days before cellphones if you were stranded somewhere you didnt know anyone, had no phone.,,you had to rely on strangers to help you if you got into sticky situation.

Nov 21, 2016
UK
I managed to stay alive to the grand old age of 30 without a mobile phone, before my husband (now ex) bought me a mobile phone. Then it was ring ring, ring ring. Then it was text, text. Then the world went mad. I'm in no more danger now than I was then. Now I have 2 phones. The first is for my sons, who are able to contact me if there ever is a real immediate problem (and I actually want to talk to them!). The other one is for the rest of the world, who badger me with a load of old nonsense that can always wait. And work lol. In my opinion, being constantly connected, makes people less independent, and enables them to be more foolish, because they think that whatever they do, somebody else will always save them. Which they won't, if you've just decided to hike to the top of a really big mountain and the fog sets in and you've got no phone signal.

Amens/Likes: Big Moose