The word of God.

In conjunction with the thread " cult leader" I'm wondering how many other denoms or religions use the Holy Bible.
Catholism.........
Islam.....the Koran
Mormonism......Joseph Smith's book
J Witness.......
Scientology........
Judaism..........

Any organized religions that are not like Hinduism,Buddhism etc ,I think it's safe to say they claim no part as Christians or serve God.......I could be wrong....lol

Maybe some of you know either having come out of them or knowing what they use as their source of life.
Thanks.

I can think of some books that are cult like.
Some authors have used passages from the Bible to further their views.
See, things in the new age can say things like "You are God in form" and thats very dangerous because then people think "great, i'm now in control of everything forever' giving them a false sense of security. instead of mentioning the fact that we can only influence events at best, and only control our mind states, they think we are invincible.

These books ought to be regulated, and have warnings on like cigarette packets.

In conjunction with the thread " cult leader" I'm wondering how many other denoms or religions use the Holy Bible.
Catholism.........
Islam.....the Koran
J Witness.......
Scientology........
Judaism..........

Any organized religions that are not like Hinduism,Buddhism etc ,I think it's safe to say they claim no part as Christians or serve God.......I could be wrong....lol

Maybe some of you know either having come out of them or knowing what they use as their source of life.
Thanks.

The answer would be ambiguous at best.

Catholic, Mormon, JW all use the Bible. However, they change what the Bible says into what they want it to say hence inviting heresy and false doctrine.

Hinduism and Buddhism is anti God and pro self .

Muslims are infadels who worship the idol ALLA who was the pet idol of the largest tribe in Saudia Arabia when Muhammed wrote his Quran.

Judaism only use the Old Test. And Scientology is not anything at all but mind control.

The answer would be ambiguous at best.

Catholic, Mormon, JW all use the Bible. However, they change what the Bible says into what they want it to say hence inviting heresy and false doctrine.

Hinduism and Buddhism is anti God and pro self .

Muslims are infadels who worship the idol ALLA who was the pet idol of the largest tribe in Saudia Arabia when Muhammed wrote his Quran.

Judaism only use the Old Test. And Scientology is not anything at all but mind control.
I have found THERE ARE MANY fundamental denominations in Christendom that also change the bible to say what they want it to mean,who are not found in any of the above.

Allah means God in Arabic and Islam,the one who created the world in six days and sent the prophets Noah Abraham Moses David,Jesus and lastly Muhammad,calling them to worship Him and reject idolatry.

Where is the true median ? Who is to say one is right the other is not ? Does anyone have the right to call one saved,another unsaved ?

Catholism.........
Islam.....the Koran
J Witness.......
Scientology........
Judaism..........

Thanks.
Even New Age occultists quote Scripture.
Just one percent of arsenic will poison pure water.

I have found THERE ARE MANY fundamental denominations in Christendom that also change the bible to say what they want it to mean,who are not found in any of the above.

Allah means God in Arabic and Islam,the one who created the world in six days and sent the prophets Noah Abraham Moses David,Jesus and lastly Muhammad,calling them to worship Him and reject idolatry.

Where is the true median ? Who is to say one is right the other is not ? Does anyone have the right to call one saved,another unsaved ?

It has been my observation that almost ALL denominations change the Bible to say what they want it to say.

Allah is NOT alive. ALLAH is simply an IINVENTION of Muhammad. Allah is still an IDOL in the KAABA ,with a crescent moon carved on his chest. ALLAH is a PAGAN god , a yashid —a SINGULAR THAT NEITHER HEARS , ACTS , REACTS ,OR ANSWERS PRAYERS. Allah is a DEAD GOD WHO IS SIMPLY THE INVENTION POF MUHAMMAD. ALONG WITH KORAN , ISLAM AND SHARIA LAW.

The only person who knows a man is saved is that person and God Himself. Actually we have the right and the command of God to go to our brother and sister and point out their faults just as it says in Matthew 18:15 -“If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.”

Catholism.........
Islam.....the Koran
J Witness.......
Scientology........
Judaism..........

Thanks.

Well, as an ex-Mormon, I can say that the bible they use has been altered, as has their own Book of Mormon. Most mormons have no clue how many alterations have been made to their own Book of Mormon from its initial writing. I have an exhaustive record of the changes from the original version, and the differences are striking. Mormons believe in a god not at all similar to the One described in the Bible. Again, as an ex-mormon, I can say that with every qualification imaginable.

MM

Freemasons use an altered Bible.

I'm not a Freemason though I learned about them when I was reading up on cults.
Lots of other groups use the Bible, even atheists use the Bible.

They may 'use' the Bible but they don't really read it.

It is kind of ridiculous how we try to police one another.
Don't you imagine God looks at us with total disgust at times.
In Him is ALL we ever need for eternity.
His Spirit walks among and lives in us yet we want to be boss.

Better watch out that our attitude and rebellion doesn't lead us to where Lucifer's led him !

Better watch out that our attitude and rebellion doesn't lead us to where Lucifer's led him !
this is the truth there are false denoms out there .yes we should guard against then .. but then again Bible based denoms not all but some feel they are the authority on scripture . all others are in the wrong if your not the exact denom you dont do anything but sit in a pew . you sure dont preach or teach

1 Peter 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all [of you] be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

I'm not sure how you define what it means to 'police' one another, but we are indeed called to make ourselves subject unto all others in the body of Christ. If I understand 'policing' of one another, it's a good thing. We should be looking out for one another, and submitting ourselves, one to another in the body.

Now, if by that you are speaking of 'policing' outside the confines of righteous oversite, such as calling each other out onto the carpet when the other is fallen into sin, and rightfully submitting to that, then yes. You are right. When we go beyond the measure of benevolence toward one another, then it becomes dictatorial and overbearing.

Just wanted to clarification.

Thanks

MM

If you thoroughly read the Quran and the Hadiths, you will find that the being known as Allah is in fact not YHWH. YHWH is kind, compassionate, and merciful while Allah is hate-filled, capricious, and unrighteous.

WOMAN are not allowed on the masons they have the eastern star in which men are apart of them. to be a mason you simply have to believe in a god
Apparently Christian Scientists were mostly women
the founder of that sect was Mary Baker Eddy and she used the Bible in her book 'Science for health with key to scriptures'

But they believed that everything was in the mind and reality was an illusion, so if you were sick, you just said some scriptures and the sickness would go away instead of taking any medicine.

1 Peter 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all [of you] be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

I'm not sure how you define what it means to 'police' one another, but we are indeed called to make ourselves subject unto all others in the body of Christ. If I understand 'policing' of one another, it's a good thing. We should be looking out for one another, and submitting ourselves, one to another in the body.

Now, if by that you are speaking of 'policing' outside the confines of righteous oversite, such as calling each other out onto the carpet when the other is fallen into sin, and rightfully submitting to that, then yes. You are right. When we go beyond the measure of benevolence toward one another, then it becomes dictatorial and overbearing.

Just wanted to clarification.

Thanks

MM
Yes, I am talking about calling others out to point out how grievious WE think THEIR SIN IS !

I agree completely with the bible standards on living in unity of the BRETHERN. Too many times it resorts to name calling, taking away ones salvation, questioning their faith, many cruelties instead of love IRL and on the internet.

There may be a temporal hierarchy in the flesh while on earth, but there is also a spiritual hierarchy between us and God, it is Him First, then others.

An old wise saying clean around your own house b4 you try to clean your neighbors yard !

Have you had an experience of this?

Just wondering. Of course parents are in the position of this a lot which is why many children don't listen to them when they are pointing out their offspring's faults. lol

I've heard that if one child does things wrong, the parent will just blame the other spouse...
But if the child does something right, the parent will say 'that's MY child' lol

Yes, I am talking about calling others out to point out how grievious WE think THEIR SIN IS !

I agree completely with the bible standards on living in unity of the BRETHERN. Too many times it resorts to name calling, taking away ones salvation, questioning their faith, many cruelties instead of love IRL and on the internet.

There may be a temporal hierarchy in the flesh while on earth, but there is also a spiritual hierarchy between us and God, it is Him First, then others.

An old wise saying clean around your own house b4 you try to clean your neighbors yard !

As you know, the biblical counsel method must always be steeped in love.

Good stuff, D3.

MM

Well, as an ex-Mormon, I can say that the bible they use has been altered, as has their own Book of Mormon. Most mormons have no clue how many alterations have been made to their own Book of Mormon from its initial writing. I have an exhaustive record of the changes from the original version, and the differences are striking. Mormons believe in a god not at all similar to the One described in the Bible. Again, as an ex-mormon, I can say that with every qualification imaginable.

MM

Hello Musicmaster;

From our fellowship I'm blessed you are following Christ today. Your being an ex-Mormon is an experience you can use when you witness to the lost. I say this because when I reflected on D3v's opening thread are the cults that really need witnessing, which to me, is an extremely tough ministry. Their loyalty to their false teaching is so embedded that it's hard to crack.

It's good that we evangelize to the lost who have no connection to a cult or have no clue who Jesus is, but the higher task are the ones tied to a false belief.

Praise God who can break down those hardened walls, the blind and the lost.

God bless you, brother.

Back