There is no verifiable evidence for the existence of God

He said atheists say that :-\

As for me OP, when I see people, the reflect Gods craftsmanship.. That and nature... That's all the proof I need.

I remember watching a YouTube video of Todd Friel witnessing at a college. And Dee into the discussion, one student ,breifly explained his belief as an atheist.
" Because nothingness is uncertain /spontaneous/unpredictable..it brought abt what we see today"
I'm paraphrasing..but basically. Something came from nothing.

And like Todd friel said, which I agree with, "no ,nothing creates nothing"

Yes you are right that the athiests said that.....there was a reason for my question. I wanted juk to get what he believes to the forefront of his mind and not what the athiests said. His focus needs to be on Jesus and not on the lack of faith in the athiest

How can one tell what is false? Study, study, study the real and the truth. If one only knows what a real dollar bill looks like, then one will quickly know what a fake one looks like.

It's not that I ignored your advice, I just forget certain things very easily.

When you water the seed (of His Word) that God places in you, whether its from the Bible of a trusted person of God....you will not forget so easily

There cannot be World-approved 100% irrefutable proof of God without that proof compromising John 3:16. We are asked to believe, and while any who walk with the Lord will undoubtedly find all the proof they need that He is true to ensure that belief, concrete irrefutable proof would deny us of the ability to actually choose to believe in him to begin with. Our relationship with Jesus is meant to stem primarily from the heart. It's totally okay to study his Word and to seek understanding so that we can grow. But our relation to him (if I understand right) should be closer to how we feel toward our closest and dearest friends; not how we feel about (for example) a historical account of Abraham Lincoln.

I think the key problem many face in today's world is that we live in a very scientific, "mind driven" culture. We want proof before we will believe anything, rather than being willing to consider the idea that if we believe, that we will be given all the certainty we need--but that this will come in God's way and God's time.

There cannot be World-approved 100% irrefutable proof of God without that proof compromising John 3:16. We are asked to believe, and while any who walk with the Lord will undoubtedly find all the proof they need that He is true to ensure that belief, concrete irrefutable proof would deny us of the ability to actually choose to believe in him to begin with. Our relationship with Jesus is meant to stem primarily from the heart. It's totally okay to study his Word and to seek understanding so that we can grow. But our relation to him (if I understand right) should be closer to how we feel toward our closest and dearest friends; not how we feel about (for example) a historical account of Abraham Lincoln.

I think the key problem many face in today's world is that we live in a very scientific, "mind driven" culture. We want proof before we will believe anything, rather than being willing to consider the idea that if we believe, that we will be given all the certainty we need--but that this will come in God's way and God's time.

God's Word specifically says that atheists and idolaters have no excuse for not believing in Him. (Romans 1)

Honestly I see some members here who do the same thing... when something big goes down in the world...some members post it up here..to dissect.

Also I never said he needs to be smothered..I just think he needs guidance.

God's Word specifically says that atheists and idolaters have no excuse for not believing in Him. (Romans 1)

Thanks. I haven't quite reached Romans yet in study. (I've heard quotes of scripture from it, but have not read it in its entirety.) I'll make a note of this and look for it when I get there. :)

Back