These resonate but not sure what they mean .

Michael Collum

Inactive
These resonate but not sure what they mean .

Isaiah 21:1 (KJV)

The burden of the desert of the sea. As whirlwinds in the south pass through; so it cometh from the desert, from a terrible land.

Jeremiah 31:22 (King James Version)

22How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the LORD hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.

Anyone want to take a crack at it?

Isaiah 21:1 (KJV)

The burden of the desert of the sea. As whirlwinds in the south pass through; so it cometh from the desert, from a terrible land.

Jeremiah 31:22 (King James Version)

22How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the LORD hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.

Anyone want to take a crack at it?
I don't think we know what you mean.....
Or maybe I don't understand what the question is.

Hi Katie,

well what i was thinking about was .. the spiritual atmosphere changed and nothing looks familiar so some recurring verses. as faint echoes were coming up so i posted them .

and one is about the burden of "the desert of the sea"

and another is about "a woman compassing a man"

i was wondering what these verses mean .

1) because how can a desert be a sea? .. hmm okay ..

bottom of ocean .. or picture of eroding ruin .. hmm no idea though .

2) All men are surrounded as they come into this world by their mothers .. so .. i wonder what God's talking about this "new thing"

hm those ones have always been quite the mystery . and i figured since nothing was recognizable .. and these were the only things that were .. i figured throwing some bread out of the boat may let me know if i'm going in circles at least .

so it was a call out for some perspectives . and maybe it will help light the path .

it's already lighted i guess it's just too bright too "see" so to speak at the moment . i'm sure my baby eyes will adjust eventually .

:)

okay so .. hmm .. not there yet .. *shakes head* okay .. i'll just let it come .

thanks for the bump Katie .

praying that assignment you're working on goes well .

Isaiah 21:1 is the beginning of a prophecy against Babylon. The NASB reads "The oracle concerning the wilderness of the sea. As windstorms in the Negev sweep on, it comes from the wilderness, from a terrifying land." Basically describing how the enemies of Babylon will come across the plains to destroy Babylon like a storm across the sea or a whirlwind out of the desert.

Jeremiah 31:21 is part of a prophecy concerning the ultimate return of Israel from Babylon. The phrase, "a woman shall encompass a man" is not clear from my reading. It may be a reference to the incarnation. What seems to be clear, though, is that this new thing is a good thing, part of God's blessing and restoration of Israel.

God is funny .

Well, His words might be funny if we could not understand them. But God is not funny per se. God's word in the bible is serious and should not be taken lightly.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Or do you think that the Scripture speaks to no purpose
James 4:5

Jeremiah The phrase, "a woman shall encompass a man" is not clear from my reading. It may be a reference to the incarnation. What seems to be clear, though, is that this new thing is a good thing, part of God's blessing and restoration of Israel.

It's a new thing because in the past it is always the man that encompasses a woman. So the reverse is indeed new.

God must be funny . otherwise i would not have a sense of humour . i always thought Jesus answering a question with a question hilarious .

thank you both for your perspectives also . appreciated .

hehehe sometimes the words in the bible are funny too!

but not in a mocking way .. for example .. have you heard what God said to the priests in Malachi? just rude! and you know there was this double threat to Ahab in the book of kings .. lol .

if i were to paste some of those passages they would most certainly not pass through many to most profanity filters lol .

its funny in the way you don't expect it to happen (because every word of God is pure - proverbs) so it's funny that we're so uptight sometimes .

And then there was this time .. Abraham was talking with God .. and when God was finished .. then Abraham went home!

hehehehe!

And you know that time Moses said .. show me your glory .. so in interest of not killing him God mooned Moses . the sunshine of His face would have been way too bright .

hehehe sometimes the words in the bible are funny too!

but not in a mocking way .. for example .. have you heard what God said to the priests in Malachi? just rude! and you know there was this double threat to Ahab in the book of kings .. lol .

if i were to paste some of those passages they would most certainly not pass through many to most profanity filters lol .

its funny in the way you don't expect it to happen (because every word of God is pure - proverbs) so it's funny that we're so uptight sometimes .

Hehe, I understand what you're saying. :)

God does have a sense of humor but His is different.

What might be funny to us might not be funny to Him.

God's humor has a higher level because His thoughts are so:

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts
Isa 55:9

To prove God has a different kind of humor, in Proverbs it says:

Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh

God is not laughing right now. But God will laugh when the time comes.

I believe somewhere it is written to rejoice with those who rejoice .. and to mourn with those who mourn ..

i find when a whole room is laughing and i feel the whole room laughing inside of me .. i can hardly contain it ..

so i believe God really is intimately involved with all the moments from my living out of His trinity essence in real life .

image to image

likeness to likeness

He sure is a funny guy and sometimes structural irony in life's play is one of the funniest things ever .

I believe somewhere it is written to rejoice with those who rejoice .. and to mourn with those who mourn ..

i find when a whole room is laughing and i feel the whole room laughing inside of me .. i can hardly contain it ..

so i believe God really is intimately involved with all the moments from my living out of His trinity essence in real life .

image to image

likeness to likeness

He sure is a funny guy and sometimes structural irony in life's play is one of the funniest things ever .

I agree Michael. What I'm saying here is that even if there are some things that are similar w/ us w/ God, God's level is still higher:

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ;
and the head of the woman is the man;
and the head of Christ is God
1 Cor 11:3

God is higher, His thoughts are higher, His ways are higher.

I know He's higher and such . but it is also written "we have the mind of Christ" and also "co-heirs with Christ" and also .. "all these things you see me doing? anyone who trusts in me will do greater things because I go to the Father ."

fun fun . funny God . Serious God . but really likes to crack jokes quite often . and some are so subtle that they only hit me like 2 or 10 years later .. and i just cannot help it! it's is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny!

I know He's higher and such . but it is also written "we have the mind of Christ" and also "co-heirs with Christ" and also .. "all these things you see me doing? anyone who trusts in me will do greater things because I go to the Father ."

fun fun . funny God . Serious God . but really likes to crack jokes quite often . and some are so subtle that they only hit me like 2 or 10 years later .. and i just cannot help it! it's is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny!

:)

hey that reminds me . i remember this passage that says "we have confidence on the day of judgment because in this world we are like Him" hmm how much "like"? and in what way(s)?

;)

Back