They are PROMISES. Do not waver.

M

Mark_18

They are PROMISES. Do not waver.

"[FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN]The first thing we need to establish is what is so special about God’s promises.[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN] “Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.” (Psalm 119:160) "That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us." (Hebrews 6:18) “In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began.” (Titus 1:2) Jesus was talking to God and said, “Thy word is truth.” (John 17:1) “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.” (2Timothy 3:16) [/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN]Have you grasped the significance of those scriptures? God always tells the truth. The Bible is the truth. You have to believe that before we can proceed or else the entire significance of what I am about to say will be lost.[/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN]Once the truth of God’s Word is established we can focus on the promises. One of the definitions of promise is, “A legally binding declaration that gives the person to whom it is made a right to expect or to claim the performance or forbearance of a specified act.” This is perfect for our study. Since God cannot lie, we will then declare that everything He says is legally binding and we can expect and claim the performance of what He has said.[/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN]What this means is that if you are including any of God’s promises in your prayers then you know beyond the shadow of a doubt that you are praying in God’s will! If God says it, then it is already true! If it is already true, then it will happen! Are you getting excited?[/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN]I’ve skimmed through my Bible and have started a partial list of God’s promises. Let’s pick one for an example.[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN] “ Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” (Is 41:10) [/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN]God WILL strengthen you when you need strength. God WILL help you when you need help. Believe it. God said it. HE HAS TO DO IT! He can’t go back on his Word![/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN]Let’s use another example. Let’s use something Jesus said.[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN] [/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN]“Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” (Matt 6:31-33)[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN]God WILL make sure we have food and clothes. This particular promise has something for you to do in order to claim it, however. You have to seek the kingdom of God first. Many promises do have something that is necessary for us to do to claim them. However, God doesn’t ask much from us. Most of the time He just wants us to believe in Him, or listen to Him, or just to love Him. His end of the deal is always the greatest one.[/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN]There is one important thing that we have to do in order to claim any of God’s promises. We have to believe that the promise is true. It’s not easy to believe something we can’t see. That’s where faith enters the picture. We have to believe that God’s Word is true. We then have to claim the promise. Read it out loud. Remind God that He said it. Tell Him that you are claiming it for yourself and your situation. Then you have to believe it.[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN] “ But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.” (James 1:6)[/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN]Don’t waver. Keep your mind focused on the promise. Don’t allow doubt to creep in. Like I said, this is the hard part. If you didn’t read my article entitled [/FONT] [FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN] Nothing Wavering[/FONT][FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN] you should read it. It has an example of how to stand in faith.[/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN]There are some truly great promises in the Bible that are available to anyone who claims them. Think about the possibilities in these promises:[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN] [/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN]“If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.” (John 15:7)[/FONT] [FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN] [/FONT][FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN]“... He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.” (John 14:12-14)[/FONT] [FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN]If you include promises in your prayers you will find that your prayers carry some awesome power! Are you excited about the possibilities that lie in your grasp? You should be. Here's the list of[/FONT][FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN] promises[/FONT][FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN] I've compiled so far. Print out this list of promises and keep it where you can easily find it. I will be continually seeking for more promises and adding them to this list. Get into the Word and find your own!"[/FONT]

God's Promises

The next thing to understand is who the promises were made to. If I promise my sister a new car, and my brother turns up and says Hey, where's that car you promised me...

A lot of the promises people try claiming from the old testament were made specifically to people like Abraham and his descendents, and the captives in Babylon, and while they tell us a lot about the love and care God gives to his people, christians today have no right to try to claim that God made the promise to us.:)

I love the promises that are for right now in the moment, how you can be free, not convict yourself, and not be emotionally or in any way bound by the world by regarding man and our problems to have any power and influence.

Preach it my son ... Wonderful words of encouragement to all . If God promises it He always comes through on His promises. And like you said He is a God that does not lie. His promises are yay and amen .

[FONT=ARIAL,TIMES NEW ROMAN]Once the truth of God’s Word is established we can focus on the promises. One of the definitions of promise is, “A legally binding declaration that gives the person to whom it is made a right to expect or to claim the performance or forbearance of a specified act.” This is perfect for our study. Since God cannot lie, we will then declare that everything He says is legally binding and we can expect and claim the performance of what He has said.[/FONT]

If God says it then I believe it .Why would we doubt what He says in His Word . We know that doubt does not come from God .

The next thing to understand is who the promises were made to. If I promise my sister a new car, and my brother turns up and says Hey, where's that car you promised me...

A lot of the promises people try claiming from the old testament were made specifically to people like Abraham and his descendents, and the captives in Babylon, and while they tell us a lot about the love and care God gives to his people, christians today have no right to try to claim that God made the promise to us.:)

Amen to that . even in times we are living people still think they have to do certain things from the OT and put special attention and focus on these rituals instead of on Jesus Christ and Him alone .

But again that is satan's way of attracting them away from following Christ whom to know is life eternal

Cheers for that Mark. I am going through something like that right now and it was encouraging to hear this from you.

Swiss Brown's. Thanks for that bit of wisdom concerning who certain promises were actually for. Reminds us not to take passages from the bible out of context. Think that is something many are guilty of doing.

Back