Thinking loud

Hello everyone, I hope your day/night was good. I'm from Kenya, in Kenya and other African nations we believe so much in witchcrafts and other traditional taboos. I have seen several people especially business men, politicians seeking powers from witchdoctors for protection against any harm.
Forget about which the guys mentioned above and let focus on men of God; pastors, bishops and any other servant of Lord seeking powers from traditional doctors to perform miracles in churches, crusades and etc.
I think you have heard about it. What is your perception? In your country have you seen pastors performing miracles with a question mark?
Humble replies shall be appreciated.
Don't mind the grammar.

In my country (New Zealand) we have more western medicine and generally most people go to hospitals if they are ill, have an accident etc. Even pastors would refer people and tell them to go see a doctor or health professional.
We do have some healing evangelists, some are genuine, but yes I have seen in the past a few go round churches that are questionable. It seems to me they come from overseas and often a flash-in-the-pan ministry.

(meaning, here today, gone tomorrow). They might proclaim the person to be healed right there and then but actually they forget to follow them up. The genuine ones have long last healing and often these people will testify even years later that they were healed.

Hello everyone, I hope your day/night was good. I'm from Kenya, in Kenya and other African nations we believe so much in witchcrafts and other traditional taboos. I have seen several people especially business men, politicians seeking powers from witchdoctors for protection against any harm.
Forget about which the guys mentioned above and let focus on men of God; pastors, bishops and any other servant of Lord seeking powers from traditional doctors to perform miracles in churches, crusades and etc.
I think you have heard about it. What is your perception? In your country have you seen pastors performing miracles with a question mark?
Humble replies shall be appreciated.
Don't mind the grammar.

Hello brother. I am so very glad to know that you are posting here and I will as of today ask my church to pray for you and your family!

I have a good friend of mine who operates a school in Entebbe Uganda. I can not publicly expose his name but he is a wonderful Christian Pastor and I have visited him on a missionary trip, but it has been about 10 years ago before my hair turn gray and started fall out.

I observed exactly what you stated. We went to some gatherings where witch doctors Christians were meeting together and worshipping "something".
My friend told me that that was typical....a mingling of the religions of witchcraft and Christianity.

I can only speak for myself and what I have observed and tell you that to seek miracles and healings and such is not really the focus of the New Test. church.

Jesus and the Apostles did miracles, healed, raised the dead walked on water, however there is not really much after you read the Scriptures. Jesus did those things because He as God could. The Apostles did those things in order to validate their calling from God to establish the Church of God.

However.......IMHO, the great need today for the world is to read, hear and learn the Written Word of God.

Romans 10:17 says...........
"Faith comes by HEARING and hearing by the WORD of God".

To look for, expect and demand healings and miracles is actually a lack of faith because we are not saved by "Emotions" but by faith in the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Back